Riverina riders

Discussion in 'Australia' started by tripodtiger, Feb 6, 2009.

1. dobbo

dobbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Corryong sounds ok.

Not keen on doing Wymah Ferry twice though, as that means doing the same road to there and back, which is drearily boring, 200+ odd k's !
    Jingellic up to Mannus/Tumba then Oberne Crk or Humula.
  2. dobbo

dobbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Go Pro / onboard camera... @UncleGra
    I tried it once, was given a camera; used it, edited it with shit music, watched it and was bored after about a minute, so just fast forwarded the entire length of it, realised I also filmed my speedo is some of the shots, which is a no-no.
    Never used it again.

I however; watch other peoples Moto-Vlogs, but unless they have something different from everyone else, most riding footage is just the same old shit that everyone post, made worse by bad music.

I think, I would rather just enjoy the ride, without the distraction of trying to get "That" shot, or the repetitiveness of 'Staging' a ride by.

But this is just my Opinion, however, some like Tripod, like the thrill of trying to capture an entertaining video.

Drone footage..... that's another beast all together
  3. trokel

trokel Vinduro - Old dirtbikes are more fun

Oddometer:
    Looks like there has been a lot of talk and stuff going on but due to F'n work I haven't had time to keep track or even read back through all the posts so just wondering? Is there something planned and if so What & When? Or have I missed it already?:baldy
  4. tripodtiger

tripodtiger Off riding around on bitumen circles.

Oddometer:
    looking for a smaller house & bigger shed.
    Saturday, Troy. up the river to Walwa or Corryong os similar for lunch.
    Not Jingellic as the noise from 'bad dooods' on hyunley davidsons, as well as the exhaust noise from said hyundleys, might cause me to be scared.
    trokel likes this.
  5. tripodtiger

Oddometer:

That's why you need to find an editor and learn how to use it. I recall one video I saw - first five minutes were of a roadside gravel area. from the 'bars looking at not a lot. No audio of people talking. After 5 minutes of anticipation, I don't know what happened 'cause that was enough.

Like race videos that run for almost half the length of the engine start, warm up, pit exit, sighting lap, gridding and, belatedly, some racing. Cut that crap out. Unless something interesting happens or maybe those that feature in the race can be identified. That should get some voice over or text on screen.

The ride back from Mt Hope has ten minutes along the Euabalong Rd, 15 minutes on another gravel rd etc. Cut down to about 12 seconds. An indication of the surface. If I had thrown the bike away, that's different.

Riding behind you, there was just a lot of dust. The camera lens is really short so, unless the camera is within a very few metres, another bike is going to be almost invisible. Neither of us enjoy riding with a bike filling our mirror. It's very unnerving, despite the fact that some people do it all the time (let them go ahead).

The best position for the camera is on the helmet. It's illegal. More important, it's really potentially dangerous to bung a lever on your helmet.

A chest strap wold get a great view of your road book, unless you stand. Then it often gets a good view.

Fixed on the bike is less than idea off road. Image stability. But, you can get some interesting angles.

Staged ride bys. I'm not a fan of sending someone back to ride a section for a camera. I've done it. Never been any good. Better to get ahead but that needs some preparation and organisation plus, knowledge of a decent location to set a camera up. Again, a go-pro lens is too short to get decent video, unless the bikes are passing by within a metre or two.

All said and done, it's easier, cheaper and simpler than racing.

I enjoy the 'art' :imaposer
    dobbo likes this.
  6. fayeslane

fayeslane Rankest of amateurs

Oddometer:
    Wagga blokes, nominate a rendezvous time and place.
  7. tripodtiger

Oddometer:
    D'ya reckon you could collect some parts from Whitehouse' for me?

10.30 at Wymah? Could organise to leave here around 8.30.
    Although the earlier, the better.

I'll be seeing Dobbo tomorrow. He's at work today.
  8. fayeslane

Oddometer:
    Yep, tell them I'm coming. Are they there now? I can encourage them to speed up the autopsy on the DR.:muutt
  9. tripodtiger

Oddometer:
    Ignore me. I just rang, all the bits are there but, I've already paid for the freight to here. Wont get to them until after Mac Park.

I've been struggling with the race bike and the sidecar in the meantime. Sequence of putting the engine sub-chassis together with the major rear mount and the lower rear mount is a bit of a struggle. But, it's on two wheels.

I've found, 3 times in the past week, that having a short bolt threaded into a deep thread is a way to cause the first couple of threads to strip. Only one of them was my choice of bolt. That problem was only one of four threads too. Tiger one I had helicoiled, 375 engine one was ok once a longer bolt was used - low tension and care to clean up the first couple of damaged threads. The other 375 one is a fork clamp for the steering damper - drill the blind holes and install nut and bolt looks to be the best option.

20201209_170628.jpg
    fayeslane likes this.
  10. dobbo

dobbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Keen to do a ride up over Falls Creek, might pack the swag and head down that way mid to late January, do the loop Hotham & Falls Creek, camp around Anglers Rest.

Also Keen for a mid week night or two over on the South Coast of NSW, probably in February.

Here is another idea..... Roll on in Motorcycle Rally - Jindabyne, 12-14 March 2021.
    https://rollonin.com.au/
    tripodtiger likes this.
  11. tripodtiger

Oddometer:
    Dobbo and I are going to head off around 8.30am.

9.30 to 10am on the southern side of Wymah. See where we get after that.
  12. fayeslane

Oddometer:
    See you there
    tripodtiger likes this.
  13. dobbo

dobbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Few back roads between Wagga and Coolamon today.

Out with Tripod on his TTR, while I tested a few adjustments to the Carby on the DR.

[​IMG]
    tripodtiger likes this.
  14. fayeslane

Oddometer:
    You blokes might want to have a squiz here re permits to enter Vic
  15. tripodtiger

Oddometer:
    Doing it now. No real scope for just going for a ride or drive. expects you to go to an address.
    I'll just pick a Mt Beauty address and enter that.

1 Hollands St is as good as any.
    BygDaddee likes this.
  16. trokel

trokel Vinduro - Old dirtbikes are more fun

Oddometer:
    No ride for me As usual I am out due to work.
    As for the video camera thing I have just started playing around with one on the mountainbike and did a little youtube clip last week of one of the Nailcan Hill trails. This was my first go at basic editing that included backing music and I am happy with how it turned out but it's not something I plan to do all the time. However I do really like quality of the stills that I can get from the footage and they show a very different perspective to the usual photo's.

20201210_073934.00_02_01_17.Still006 (2).jpg 20201213_000125.MOV.00_02_41_13.Still003 (2).jpg 20201213_003923.00_02_30_26.Still002 (2).jpg
    Richarde1605 and tripodtiger like this.
  17. fayeslane

Oddometer:
    Good day out. Good weather, good roads, good company.

Dobbo convinced me to try his Tracer. Now I am having bad thoughts :ricky:evil
  18. Paul124ac

Paul124ac Long timer

Oddometer:
    There was a 900 Tracer with all the shmoo in Shithouse’s just before the lockdown, was talking to Kenny and nearly pulled the trigger, good bit of kit. Shit they feel light.
    fayeslane likes this.
  19. fayeslane

Oddometer:
    Very easy to ride, the riding position suits me, seat height is good. In A mode they make you smile :-)
  20. dobbo

dobbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    580km day out with @tripodtiger and @fayeslane
    I must say I did likey that Walwa to Shelley road :-)

Spied some odd looking camera's mounted on temporary poles on both the Granya gap and the main road into Corryong.

Re... the Border permit, I applied for one at 08:30am and received the permit via email at 4:48pm, luckily the lads smuggled me in as a 'Look-a-like' for fayeslane. So, for us NSW types living in the 'Green Zone', I would suggest applying well in advance.

@fayeslane supply and demand man..... $20k and you can have my tracer:D
    fayeslane likes this.