Riverina riders

Discussion in 'Australia' started by tripodtiger, Feb 6, 2009.

1. tripodtiger

tripodtiger Off riding around on bitumen circles.

Oddometer:
    looking for a smaller house & bigger shed.
    I'm going to express gratitude to Keef, again, for the suggestion of hair conditioner to lubricate the bead of tyres going on.
    I used to use dish washing liquid. No more.

I swapped the tyres on the XT & TTR the other day. They slipped on really well. Still not a favourite task but, if there is a tip that actually works, all the better.

The even seated on the bead around 20psi. No huge 'bang' like when it finally lets go at 70psi. If they hadn't seated immediately, they just slowly slipped on with a bit of low pressure.

Cheers Keef. Been out on your bike yet? Or still a couple of days to go?
    Cal KLR likes this.
  2. fayeslane

fayeslane Rankest of amateurs

Oddometer:
    It's not like I had another use for it :(
    Richarde1605 and tripodtiger like this.
  3. fayeslane

fayeslane Rankest of amateurs

Oddometer:
    Out of quarantine last Thursday. Been finding my way around (Supacheap, Mitre 10 etc) and sorting out the shed. The PO "forgot" a lot of random shit.
    If I remember how it works, I'll be out on the bike in the coming week.
  4. Cal KLR

Cal KLR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    FB_IMG_1628375264606.jpg Thinking of heading out to Murraguldrie tomorrow morning for a leisurely poke around on the KLX. Anyone interested?
    tripodtiger likes this.
  5. tripodtiger

Oddometer:
    So, who went? Fun in the sun?

I'm wasn't available.

:kurt

End of the week at the earliest, I think.
  6. Cal KLR

Cal KLR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Solo effort, great morning for it received_3198464023708624.jpeg received_1679647665574338.jpeg received_4992591050756716.jpeg
  7. dobbo

dobbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wish I had of read this post earlier.
    Maybe next time Cal KLR?
    I have been riding out Livingstone NP recently, but with road/ track maintenance going on out there, the few lads I ride with think it's time to head over to Murraguldrie for a ride.
    Cal KLR likes this.
  8. dobbo

dobbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Our ride... tripod included.
    20210917_121646.jpg 20210917_121627.jpg
  9. tripodtiger

Oddometer:
    How would the KLX stand up as a tiddler tourer?
    WRR is arguably the pick. CRF 300 may be better than the Rally, as there is less plastic to break. TTR does the job really well but, there's no getting away from it's age.

Big tank available?
    The seat could be modified.
    Sub-frame strong enough for camping/cooking/tools/clothes?

Tiddler Tourers are the next big thing. Game changers, without beaks.

My ankle is much improved today. May even see how I go on the bike tomorrow. Just around town.
    I'm going to start looking at new boots. I think the T3s I have may be past it. I think they are T3s.
    Maybe a new set of tyres, as well.
  10. BergDonk

BergDonk Old Enough to Know Better

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

300 is much torquier than it was as a 250. I acquired it new for the missus 2006 Christmas present,. She rode it that way, more or less, until the warranty ran out after 12 months when I fitted the 300 top end, which is all genuine parts, barrel, piston etc, they've been variously 250s and 300s from day 1 from the factory. Decent suspension out of the box, and really really good suspension now after a full Cogent upgrade. I made the rack a little bigger and have some rackless Wolfman panniers for overnighters as needed, and a bigger tailbag. Tank is 14 litres, good for 250 kms now, maybe towards 300 after I get the flatslide fully dialled, TBC. Stock 8 litre tank was good for 140 kms.

Flatslide carb has really opened up the bottom end, beefier seat, lowered KTM rearset pegs and moving the bars forward has sorted the ergos. Wide ratio 6 spd allows cruising up to 110 kph and still enough in 1st to lug me up pretty much any hill.

On the day, back in 2006, the KLX, TTR or DRZ were all options, all with +/-s. With the KLX being cheapest, and 300 kit availability from KHA for $500, got the KLX. Solid reliable things that have been around in some for or another for yonks.

Latest KLX is EFI and with fewer tank options, and after 2007 IIRC, suspension got shorter.

2021 HE300RS, recommended :clap
    When this shit settles down Ray, we'll catch up in the flesh and you can have a ride :beer
    tripodtiger and sidetrack one like this.