1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Rizoma LED Turn Signal Install 2018 Plus Triumph Tiger 1200

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by Redlegtrooper, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Redlegtrooper

Redlegtrooper Grrreat!

Oddometer:
    So I had a set of rizoma aftermarket front and rear turn signals I loved and stripped from my old BMW RnineT when I traded it in for my Tiger. Personally I just hate the lollipop turn signal look. So I decided the first mod to my new bike would be changing out the signals. Initially it was a bit daunting finding the correct adapters for the signals to be tru plug and play but quickly leaned the Tiger shares the same electronics as the Speed Triple so found the adapters that way. My same plastic mounting adapters from the BMW worked just fine. Not knowing how many resistors to use I mounted one each and tried the signals before finalizing the install. Luckily one each seemed to do the trick and there are no warning lights on the indicator panel. This was not the case on the BMW and I always had to deal with a constant light warning light. In the end I think they look way better than the OEM lights not to mention they are much brighter. I will say that while riding I will get quick error lights on the indicator panel when using the signals but it clears as soon as the signal turns off...weird but not a big issue.
    3188195C-EA61-4427-8E95-643A42054423.jpeg FE5E8C53-1DF8-4416-AA66-80812B77FA68.jpeg 611C9B32-D06C-47F8-B9C5-65A1B4486A36.jpeg 90441CC7-2E44-4EE6-A78F-D10F538DE3F9.jpeg
  2. Bike2Big

Bike2Big Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I installed rizoma leds on front and rear of my 2018 tiger 1200. No resistors were needed. No fast flashing either... maybe the rizomas match the resisitance but i assumed since everything was ecu controlled it auto adjusted.
  3. Redlegtrooper

Redlegtrooper Grrreat!

Oddometer:
    Interesting...I didn’t try them without but seems to work fine with the resistors. Good to know.
    Bike2Big likes this.
  4. Redlegtrooper

Redlegtrooper Grrreat!

Oddometer:
    Was much more of an issue with the Beemer. I even asked my local dealer mechanic and he said he ran the same signals on his RnineT Urban GS and just dealt with the continuous error light.
    Bike2Big likes this.
  5. AUTOT3K

AUTOT3K Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I went with a local company called Watsen Design LED for my front ones, I also found I didn't need a resistor when installing.
    However now they're no longer around so I think I'll be getting those Rizoma lights for the rear.
    Im not a big fan of the big floopy factory signals Screenshot_20200927-094441_Instagram.jpg
    Redlegtrooper likes this.
  6. dwoodward

dwoodward Long timer

Oddometer:
    Uh, details?

I have a set of OEM Triumph LED turn signals on order. They have been on order for months. Maybe COVID related, but the only reason I really wanted OEM was for the Euro-style mounts. (I suppose I could 3D print something, but since I don't currently own a 3D printer, I'd have to justify $1000 for adapters that someone already makes...)
  7. Redlegtrooper

Redlegtrooper Grrreat!

Oddometer:
    Rizoma sells adapters to fill in where the lollypop style headlights connect to the fairing. They happen to use the same adaptors between the Triumphs and BMWs. Below is a link to the product on Revzilla. If you look at my pictures above you will see that the small slim line rizoma turn signals just mount to a flat piece of plastic which is the adapter.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rizoma-turn-signal-adapters
  8. dwoodward

dwoodward Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ah, cool, thanks. I did a quick search and found some that were machined out of billet, designed for the BMW crowd, and priced accordingly (like $65/pair :yikes )
  9. Redlegtrooper

Redlegtrooper Grrreat!

Oddometer:
    Cool....other than price lol....please share....I'd like to see what they look like.
  10. dwoodward

dwoodward Long timer

Oddometer:
  11. Redlegtrooper

Redlegtrooper Grrreat!

Oddometer:
  12. Redlegtrooper

Redlegtrooper Grrreat!

Oddometer:
  13. AUTOT3K

AUTOT3K Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What model of Rizoma Rear Signal Lights were used in the original post?
  14. Redlegtrooper

Redlegtrooper Grrreat!

Oddometer:
    I used Legera Front and Rear. Mounted the brake and turn signal rear option on the RnineT with a fender/tail light eliminator Kit but worked as just a turn signal on the Tiger.
  15. Redlegtrooper

Redlegtrooper Grrreat!

Oddometer: