RMP

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Commuter Boy, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    I stopped by there Mar 3rd. The sign on the door said Feb 12th, and was crossed off and felt penned in Feb 15th. Had a look inside, appears as if the complete inventory upstairs is untouched, helmets,gloves,etc. The bike inventory downstairs is cleared out except for a newer custom Harley and some kind of KLX Kawasaki thing.
    I'm under the assumption that the building is owned by the owner of the company. If this were not the case, I'd say it was a done deal. We may well see things up and going again, but with a different financial system to meet the new times.
    Heading down the street is a different picture all together. At Pac-Yam-BMW-MG-Aprilia-Triumph they've hired both the #1 tech and #1 saleman from British Italian downtown, people coming in all the time. Not sure right off the bat what is different, but I'd have to say I notice a distinct difference in the interaction between the workers there, compared to RMS, which seemed confrontational and untrusting.

Steve
  2. KilgoreTrout

KilgoreTrout adventure flyfisher

Oddometer:
    "Its called receivership":eek1
  3. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    They lost Nico, and Mike, both to Pac-Yam.
  4. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Charlie actually owns the shop. When he retires, the place will either change hands or disapear.
    Yes, Mike is the large salesman.

Steve
  5. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    yes, only Triumph!
    Oh, and Davida!:rofl
  6. Ripsnig

Ripsnig n00b

Oddometer:
    does anyone know where Alfi from Richmond Motorsport is?
    I only knew his # at work,and they seem to have gone...HELP.....he's too good a guy to loose contact with....if you know his # PLEASE call/email me @ bbf56@telus.net.Thanks a lot Brian
  7. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:

I hear he's decided to retire! Shame, he's got skills with the Ducati's.
  8. RblueR

RblueR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Richmond Motorsports had a huge "restructing" sale on Sat 12Mar., I picked up a new Arai Vector for $374 - great deal.
  9. 650GSguy

650GSguy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Having a business in Vancouver is expensive. As a tenant in a 1600 sq ft back street ground floor office , the tax portion alone is $18,000. With everybody bidding up the prices of residential by 10-20% year that pushes up commercial rents. It's a wonder anybody can compete with lower tax/rent of US. We need a Tea Party reaction. I don't Think Canadians have the stomach to reduce more of medicare , military, or education by cutting taxes.

Maybe the best way is to have products sent in by internet companies. The free or undercharged services of dealers will now have to be paid for.

i do agree that the North American distribution should be just one distributor in most cases. The courier systems are great in North America except UPS across the border.

10. immortal

immortal Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Imperial Motorcycles seems to have Alfie there now. At least that is what the announcement on the website says.
    http://www.imperialmotorcycles.com/