rnickymouse failure Mulholland fest

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by wiseblood, Jul 31, 2012.

1. LuciferMutt

LuciferMutt Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer:
    Nope he deserved the verbal abuse. If he'd gone a second later that motorcyclist would have been smashed. He could have spared one second to look in the fucking mirror or turn his head. Guy needs to get kicked in the dick.

Are we not allowed to be angry at people who do stupid shit that endangers others through no fault of their own, even if they are "sorry?"
  2. ozmoses

ozmoses Contrary

Oddometer:
    Is she in the middle of the road for Safety ??
    Deanowade and GravelRider like this.
  3. ozmoses

ozmoses Contrary

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    brianpeck likes this.
  4. WindBlast

WindBlast Sonorous and Effulgent

Oddometer:
    It's nunya business unless it was you who was endangered. I am sure that kicking him the nuts would have settled the situation perfectly for all involved. :baby
  5. GravelRider

GravelRider AKA max384 Supporter

Oddometer:
    At the very beginning of the video, I already wanted to kick the owner of the Lamborghini in the nuts for the stupid abomination of a paint job. Then he pulled out in front of the bike, nearly killing him, and I really wanted to hate him.

However, against everything inside of me, I am siding with the lambo driver because of the loud mouth "lady" and the douche in the beater. STFU. Seriously. STFU.
  6. shredzorz

shredzorz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nah, if you come within a fraction of a second of killing someone, you deserve to have verbal tomatoes thrown at you by the onlookers. Public shaming is a surprisingly effective corrective punishment.
  7. windmill

windmill Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can't really take a side going by what's presented in the video.
    The lambo driver took responsibility for his failure, which is a positive thing. My question is about everyone else, the rider, the loud mouth lady, the dude in the beater. Were they all there to use the road as a ractrack, pushing the limits, disregarding the law?
    I figure if a bunch of people use the same road for irresponsible behavior, they should curb their expectations as they're part of the problem.
  8. TinyTrains

TinyTrains Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Only a fraction of the folks that ride the Snake are dangerous. But there are a lot of folks who like to go up and watch the show. That is why it is all "No Parking" now.
    kwthom likes this.
  9. palinka

palinka Long timer

Oddometer:
    According to description, the lady is the girlfriend of the rider, so it's understandable that she is extra pissed.

And this is from Alex Choi's YouTube channel:

And he sells stupid shirts:
    https://www.shopalexchoi.com/shop

I'm guessing typical LA trust fund kid.

Yeah, he deserves a kick in the nuts.
    CRP6001 likes this.
  10. C/1/509

C/1/509 Now with more sarcasm

Oddometer:
    Not sure which is more stupid, the shirts or the buyer.
  11. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority Supporter

Oddometer:
    The girlfriend is standing there watching her idiot boyfriend show off. The boyfriend almost gets gets taken out by another idiot who was showing off in a car. Darwin almost got another one.

Anyone (car or bike) that goes back and forth multiple times on that same 1/2 mile section on the same day deserves a kick in the nuts.
  12. Cuttlefish

Cuttlefish Riding to disappear.

Oddometer:
    Exactly. Pack of dickheads using public roads to play...what could possibly go wrong?
    1greenmachine and Strong Bad like this.
  13. windmill

windmill Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't have anything against folks using the road to play...if they're reasonable, and responsible about it.

If one doesn't adhere to the letter of the law, at least respect the intent of the law so those who wish to use the road within it, and not get caught up in their nonsense may do so.
  14. BywayMan

BywayMan Been here awhile

Oddometer:

The rider nearly taken out was not pushing the limits or disregarding the law based on his speed and lane position.
    CRP6001 and zerohype like this.
  15. windmill

windmill Long timer

Oddometer:
    The video doesn't provide enough perspective to confirm that with consideration for the location and conditions. Also the circumstantial evidence suggests otherwise.
    Boatman likes this.
  16. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yet his girlfriend was standing there waiting for him to go by as she filmed him? His speed was much higher than the bike that passed just before the dumb ass in the car pulled out. It's a fucking zoo with wanna be heroes showing off for crowds/girlfriends both in cars and on bikes. It has no place on public roads.
    The_Precious_Juice likes this.
  17. Vince

Vince Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yaun
  18. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Hopefully that motorcyclist will think twice next time before deciding to speed through an area crowded with douche bags.
  19. Laboratory Rat

Laboratory Rat böser meister geist Supporter

Oddometer:

There's a game. Its called "What If...?" Neither of these Darwin Award nominees was playing the game correctly.
    Strong Bad likes this.
  20. palinka

palinka Long timer

Oddometer:
    The speed limit there is 45. It's pure speculation that the rider was speeding, his line and speed seemed more than reasonable to me. What is not debatable is that the Lamborghini pulled out without yielding to traffic.