Road 74 Mineral lake Loop

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by readydualsport, Oct 27, 2019.

1. readydualsport

readydualsport I think I can do that

Oddometer:
    It's kinda crazy heading out into the forest from the Mineral lake. The best meeting place is the Headquarters tavern in Mineral, WA 98355. In between Mineral lake North and Mineral Lake South is Forest Road 74. It heads into the Pleasant Valley Christian Campground but if you veer left it will take you into hundreds of square miles of federal timberlands. This round trip is not for amateurs it will take you through tight technical switch backs, tight rope muddy single track, rock slides and wash outs. There is no cell reception in this area so be prepared. I love this route for the pucker factor. This is my back yard and I can help for recovery or suggesting a place to stay. Be careful a Northwest Forest Pass is required in this area. The Forest Patrol covers this area daily. With all that said, be careful if the logging trucks are running, the hunters are hunting, or the snow drifts are shutting you down. Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. Dorian

Dorian huge carbon footprint

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info. I've been in there from the Hwy-508 side (NF71 ?) but thought it was gated at NF74 off Hwy-7 so never pursued a loop.
  3. readydualsport

readydualsport I think I can do that

Oddometer:
    Oh yeah, Its about a 4-5 hour loop. Maybe more if you explore the side shoots or take in the scenery. About 78 miles total
    The Pleasant Valley Rd exit is gated. But not for the creative.
    This loop enters on Rd 74 and also exits at the same Rd 74 with less than a half mile of back tracking. Total legal Forest Service route.
  4. rkover1

rkover1 doc

Oddometer:
    I spent several summers at my uncle's place on south Mineral Hill Road. It was gravel back then and he was about a half-mile in from Hwy7, right where the road turns right and starts to head up the hill. He had about 200 acres there and some rental houses out along the highway. Learned to drive a bulldozer there.

doc
    readydualsport likes this.