1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Road form Gonzaga Bay to COCO's

Discussion in 'Americas' started by zmotomann, Dec 20, 2007.

1. zmotomann

zmotomann No Quarter Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have been down this road many many times. I am taking 6 guys down there in Jan 2008 and I heard the road was in very very bad shape lots of deep deep sand from the Races. I have seen this road get beat up but not like what people are saying, Has any one been up or down it in the last 2 weeks. Please only respond if YOU have just been on it yourself.

Thanks!!

zmotomann
  2. winterhk

winterhk *Disminuya Su Velocidad*

Oddometer:
    I did it the day after the 1000. It was fine. No deep sand.
  3. Jack Attack

Jack Attack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Same here, day after the race... no issues.
  4. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    Just got back. That stretch is fine and good to go. There is the main (typical washboard w/ some rock) road and the low (sand) road. I used both. The main is rough with lots of washboard. The low is sandy and smooth sailing with some fun roller-coaster stuff.
    I wouldn't do either on tourances if you want to be comfortable, but you probably already know that :dunno
  5. Cordillera

Cordillera The Journey

Oddometer:
    I passed through there on the 19th of December and the road is fine. There are some rough rocky spots but no real deep sand unless you get off the main track. There are smoother (read: less rocky more sandy) options on the sides after Rancho Grande but i found the main track to be fine. Be sure to stop by and pay Coco a visit!
  6. oldxr

oldxr Long timer

Oddometer:
    i like the sandy side road better-if you are on a dirt bike.i dont know about a loaded adv type bike.there are some humps you can get some good air on.
  7. zmotomann

zmotomann No Quarter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Go back last week. yes road in usually cond. sad to see they are paving south of Purtocitus??
    Zmotomann