Road Rally nOOb - Now with more rallies & welcoming more Road Rally n00bs!

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Boondoggle, Jul 31, 2015.

1. oneodd1

oneodd1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is this still a thing this year? I’ve never competed in a rally but have been intrigued and this is close to home.
    1oldsickle and Boondoggle like this.
  2. Patch

Patch Long timer

Oddometer:
    https://www.heartoftexasrally.com

There may be time to still get in ... its been closed for a bit but I'm sure quite a few have since dropped, maybe making room? I'd have loved it, but when planning my vacation time, BLX took it all. Now I could ride it, but can't switch my time :cry
  3. markar

markar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just completed the 4 day option of the North by Northwest rally this afternoon. Day one in Colorado Springs started off a bit rough. Waiting to hear the results but I think this is the best rally we've done together as far as keeping moving and just overall being efficient at our stops.

Cold and smoky in Washington and Oregon though, unbelievable how widespread the fires have been.
    20200909_043826.jpg
  4. markar

markar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Made it home finally. Paul Meyer got first and Peter Green and his SO were 2nd.

Gary Huff and his wife and the rest of the crew put on a great rally, if you get a chance to make it to one, I'd recommend it. A little far for us, I probably wouldn't have done it this year but we already had the time off for Butt Lite. Gary made a last minute change after the cancellation of Butt Lite to add 2 days to the front of the 33 hour rally and make Bend, OR the check point so it worked out well since we had to get out to Bend anyway, might as well participate in a rally on the way there.

Ended up with 3rd in the 4 Day rally. First, and probably last trophy we will ever get.:clap
    20200912_194336.jpg

And our complete route.
    2020-09-16 10_54_05-Window.jpg
    kendoo, 1oldsickle, schrod and 2 others like this.
  5. Patch

Patch Long timer

Oddometer:
    Awesome stuff @markar !! The weather certainly was challenging around the country ... I know, I was in almost all of it!!

Congrats on the podium finish
    :clap
    1oldsickle likes this.
  6. Patch

Patch Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mason Dixon / Co-Void Rally flag delivered. Time for another ride.
    :clap
    1oldsickle, BkerChuck and Luckycharms like this.
  7. markar

markar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks and congratulations on the 48/10! We had considered doing that but managed to get in the NNW rally last minute.
    Patch likes this.