1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Road Rash Hall of Fame Pictures

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by KTM640Dakar, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Schlug

Schlug JockeyfullofBourbon

Oddometer:
    put something on and stay in that position.
    i don't mind wearing my big, dorky hi-viz Darien. i don't mind the Alpinestar boots, gloves or wearing a helmet.

but i have in the past pulled on my jeans in place of the Darien. i'll be stopping that behaviour now.

i have also toyed with the idea of getting a half or 3/4 helmet for running errands (bank, down the shops, post office, you know) instead of the Nolan modular. thanks to Face Plant, that idea has been shit-canned.

i have decided that instead of wearing a half helmet, i'll just put on the dirt helmet instead with a pair of safety glasses. not nearly as big and closed up as the Nolan.

anyway, thanks for contributing and know that your posts made a difference.
  2. KTM640Dakar

KTM640Dakar Motorsick

Oddometer:
    Doooooode that is gross. Glad your fixed.
  3. paceo

paceo paceo

Oddometer:
    i checked out the pictures on my space, she looks cool and now she is a marked up road Warrior princess, i am postive she wont get on the back with some one else again thats for sure reqardless what happen...:thumb
  4. Guy Jinbaiquerre

Guy Jinbaiquerre Monorail Conductor

Oddometer:
    Problem with that argument is that even if we ride ATGATT, we'd really be even safer in cars. So by your logic we should ban motorcycles so we don't "use up valuable resources" on "avoidable injuries" when we crash our bikes. We could avoid more injuries by riding in cars, yes?
  5. 2slow

2slow Road toad

Oddometer:
    You're only halfway there. We could avoid almost all injuries by just staying home.

We do have limited resources. I think everyone should have the right to ride without gear, without a helmet, without medical insurance. And society should have the right to deny you medical care if you crash, as long as everyone knows the rules in advance. A little personal responsibility can go a long way.

This should be slightly less popular than a turd in a punchbowl.
  6. Saltbox

Saltbox WTF is this?

Oddometer:
    Wearing MX boots the tip of my toe caught a rock and was wrenched backwards, no breaks just a popped ligament. Just above that nice purple line, is were the ligament popped off. Its scary to think what could have happened had a not been wearing the storm trooper boots.
    [​IMG]
  7. snofrog

snofrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had on everything I own that was leather except my joe rocket pants that were sitting on the end of my bed when this happend . the pic is of the back of my left leg an hour after it happend . by time the bruise quit growing it was from my mid back to my toes . I recieved an award from the hospital doc for largest bruise on a " walking " person
  8. HooliKen

HooliKen Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer:
    Coming home from work in Aug 2008 riding into the sun deer spooked out of left side of road....ran in front of me. I just got on the brakes and clipped the deers rear end with right handlebar and got ejected at about 55. Wearing full gear. Had Klim pants on and FG Kilamanjaro Jacket. Jacket rolled up my back and caused what you see here.

[​IMG]

Before I came to a stop in the left side ditch behind my Uly I must of made contact with the bike and caused this.

[​IMG]

This is what the FG jacket looked like after.

[​IMG]

And my Aria

[​IMG]

Moral of the story is I will NEVER own another FG jacket for street riding. It came completely unhinged...:eek1 And now primary street gear zips together.
  9. mbgta1

mbgta1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    damn this thread makes me want to go get all new gear !!!!
  10. paceo

paceo paceo

Oddometer:
    think i will look at some knee armour:thumb
  11. haithabu

haithabu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is what I had to live with after the road rash healed - for about 11 weeks.

[​IMG]
  12. 2slow

2slow Road toad

Oddometer:
    Amazing! Do you have any more pictures of the jacket? It appears to be totally shredded. What did you buy to replace it?
  13. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:
    My contribution to the 'don't ride in jeans' warning.

Getting the dressings on my skin-grafts changed .... If you like pain - you'll love skin grafts ... trust me. :wink:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. chippertheripper

chippertheripper motorcycle junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    yessssss!!!

[​IMG]
  15. super-single

super-single Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    You know what's amazing about the human body if we survive . It heals . How does it do that ????????? MM
  16. HooliKen

HooliKen Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer:
    Replaced with Field Sheer Adventure jacket. The FG was a nylon type material that really did abrade completely apart. The FS Adv jacket is coated Maxtina which is very similiar to cordura. MUCH higher abrasion resistance. For nothing but dirt riding the Kila would be fine. But when mine met pavement......well you can see the results.
  17. HOT DAMN!

HOT DAMN! ♪ ♪ ♪

Oddometer:
    I have a couple pair as well, how did they perform on the street?

That FG jacket is a downright embarrassment to that company. :huh
  18. Konica

Konica Adventurer

Oddometer:
    the bruising on my elbow when i came off on a corner (ATGATT) was impressive... took over a month to go, thing is i do muay thai and when ever i use that elbow it buises exactly the same as when i came off and it's 2 years later! :huh:cry
  19. super-single

super-single Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah , I suppose the body is only gona fix it's self so many times till we pay later w/ aches and pains .........I think I may be on my 9th life . I tell friends "Well , live and learn ." I did the live thing , lets see about the learn :)
  20. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    only thing i got to add....had to have some ligaments in my shoulder replaced and my collar bone wired back into place
    as you cant tell from the first pic it is a bitch to shave with a busted right arm when your right handed :lol3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]