1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Road Rash Hall of Fame Pictures

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by KTM640Dakar, Jan 10, 2008.

1. BDR1

BDR1 YAMAHA

Oddometer:
  2. MagyarMan

MagyarMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ref. Kamchat #133

Had a skin graft on my ankle. When changing bandage , the Doc says "we can do this slow and painful or fast ans painful --How do you want it ? Fast and painful -Thank You.
  3. scooteraug02

scooteraug02 Dog Rancher

Oddometer:
    Dang! How did they get all that hardware in those location?
  4. BDR1

BDR1 YAMAHA

Oddometer:

through a 12" opening in my back and an 8" opening above my junk
  5. ragtoplvr

ragtoplvr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Man, that made my junk crawl up inside and hide.

that will make some some interesting air port security screenings.

Rod
  6. BDR1

BDR1 YAMAHA

Oddometer:

that x-ray is nothing........ I was hit head on by a Chevy Avelanche and then went under it. The pics of my body and balls a week later put that to shame.
  7. Commanderkewl

Commanderkewl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    OMG i didnt have that option installed.. I cant find an opening like that anywhere...

Cuzz, that made me shudder

hope that all healed up
  8. Sucks2drive

Sucks2drive Banned

Oddometer:
    Bilateral pelvis break? been there.... not nice!

That made me cringe a little remembering the pain. All I can say is Bless the man that invented Morphine!!!
    I opted for traction and have a pelvis that set slightly twisted now.
  9. KTM640Dakar

KTM640Dakar Motorsick

Oddometer:

Holy hardware be carefull siting down hard. That one screw goes through the pevis and sticks out. I wonder if the end of that screw is really pointing out like that?
  10. co4x4er

co4x4er Adventurer

Oddometer:
    damn
  11. Skinstains

Skinstains Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dirty Jersey (still ! gotta change this ASAP)
    I gotta make that kid o' mine look at this thread.
  12. BoneSplinter

BoneSplinter n00d

Oddometer:
    Tried to start an x-ray thread a while back but had troubles...

Anyway, here's what I did a couple summers back. Lost a girlfriend over this one. Once healed, I found out scars are way cool. :)

Fractured tibial plateau in 7 places, pulled chunk of bone off of fibula head with ligament still attached to bone chip, fracture fibula and tibia in ankle

Total hardware: 12 screws and pins and 1 plate in knee, 2 screws in ankle

All hardware is still in place after 3 years, no loss of knee or ankle functionality. And to any naysayers, yeah I was going to have arthritis in my knees anyway after years of playing baseball and bad genetics.

To the non-rider morons who keep asking me the same question, no I didn't sell the bike and I'm not going to. Ya' don't stop riding if ya' fall off, you pick yourself up, punch the god damned horse, and get back on. (figuratively of course)

[​IMG]
  13. double_entendre

double_entendre It's nothing personal; just your existence.

Oddometer:
    So how'd ya choose your screen name? :evil

Nice job on that bone there. I'm right there with ya on the arthritis--got it in my lower back from high-siding into a pickup.

Keep riding, but no repeats, eh?

Rancho
  14. BoneSplinter

BoneSplinter n00d

Oddometer:
    Definitely, spent the next year learning what the hell I did wrong. I figure it was mostly due to having a passenger when in the dirt. I make people walk if I'm about to do something potentially stupid. I got all tangled up with the passenger and couldn't let go.

Whereas, last summer I had about 6 moderate drops with 0 injuries. Real easy to just fall off and suffer a bruised bum and maybe some minor cuts when its just you.

Nothing like a compression fracture where you hear the bones suddenly give way. I'll never forget that sound.
  15. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    No longer have the x ray picture, even though it got passed arounnd my rehab clinic quite a bit. I guess the doc did good work. Shattered my right forarm and elbow. First doc said,"I am to old for this shit, I am going to amputate." Luckily for me my mother got a family friend who had been a nurse in the hospital for 20 year in there to hide me and called in the Ortho that does work for the Cowboys and Rangers. 8 hours, 19 screws, and a plate later I had my arm back. That was the probably the best doctor in the history of the world. Have full use and nearly 100% of range of motion. I knew exactly what caused the accident, .28 BAC. Don't drink much if at all any more and damn sure not on two wheels. Oh and one last thing, he said he wouldn't have repaired the arm if I hadn't been in good shape. Working out does have its benefits. Stay fit!!
  16. Exurban

Exurban Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    "Now a lot of people are going to be telling you you're crazy,
    and maybe they're right. But the fact of the matter is:
    Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America
    has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!"
    -- Captain Lance Murdoch
  17. DingDangKid

DingDangKid El Lechero

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the massive picture size.. This was taken about a few days after seperating my hand from wrist.. There is nothing to show the scale but there is a pretty good seperation between the two...[​IMG]
  18. Barry

Barry Just Beastly

Oddometer:

Hey - out of curiosity, what were the pros/cons weighed that decided external fixator or pins/plates/screws?????

I broke my collar bone pretty good on Mar 28, 2009. Thought I'd be back on the bike in 6 weeks. BZZZZZT! WRONG.... I went with immobilization, vice plating it. If I ever do it again, I believe I'll plate it and be done. Can't wipe my ass with my left hand worth a damn.

Although I did get some shitty looks from the hotties doing my follow-up x-ray when they saw me walk in with boots/helmet/jacket/gloves.

Barry
  19. Hot Sauce

Hot Sauce Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I cheat with jeans, which makes me a M(ost)TGATT type. My feet/ankles and then from the waist up would make any safety guru proud, but I commute in regular pants. I agree with your take on things...it's time to reconsider that behavior.

The damndest thing is that my serious motorcycle-related injuries were always waist-down. You think I might've learned something, by now. About the only the mitigating factor here is that I do wear bike-specific pants on trips or rides that are about the bike, only (i.e, not running errands or commuting).

I'm still a dumbass, though.
  20. earthroamer

earthroamer Stuck in Pindadesh

Oddometer:
    Just noticed this thread, I had already posted over in Road Rash. This is more appropriate.

Wow, BoneSplinter. That's a huge amount of damage. Glad you're back on the horse.

I did this a couple of weeks ago. Simple little slow-speed get-off in the sand. Done it many times. This time, tho, my toe dug into the sand and rotated my foot clear around. Nice clean spiral tib/fib fracture. Much easier to fix up than yours, BoneSplinter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]