Road Rec. From SF to Yosemite

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Ostrich, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Ostrich

Ostrich Jaded and Happy

Oddometer:
    My uncle and aunt are coming out to California to see san fran.. They want to come down to Fresno to visit my wife and I. I was going to send them through Yosemite, but I was wondering if you guys knew of any good scenic ways to get to Yosemite from San Fran. :ear TIA
  2. White Knuckles

White Knuckles Insufficient memory

Oddometer:
    Yeah, let's see...

Wait, is this in a car? Do they like tight twisties? If yes (car) and no (twisties) I'd take I-580 to 132 to 49 south to 140 east.

If yes and yes, take I-580 to 205 to I-5 north to 120 east. If they want to go to the valley, take New Big Oak Flat Rd from 120 near Crane Flat in the park.
  3. dwestmodesto

dwestmodesto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If they want to go to Yosemite, and then to Fresno, they could enter the west gate on 120...either directly, or by going up 132 through Greely Hill, and then to 120. They could exit the park on one of the southern routes. One leads down the Merced river to Merced, the other exits farther south toward Fresno. All the roads into and out of Yosemite are beautiful.
    Dave
  4. Ostrich

Ostrich Jaded and Happy

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys. I will look on a map and e-mail them the possibilities. Yosemite is really beautiful and I agree that all ways in are worth the trip. :thumb