Road ride meet up in NorCal?

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by spacebro, Aug 17, 2019.

1. spacebro

spacebro Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have recently moved to the area. There’s no shortage of glorious roads and scenery. Anyone interested in meeting up for weekend rides on paved roads in the vicinity of Lake, Napa, Sonoma, Mendocino, and Humbolt counties? I’m located in Cobb, near Clear Lake.
    Sfcootz likes this.
  2. Motobillb

Motobillb NorCal Fastfar Riders (meetup.com)

Oddometer:
    Take a look at meetup.com.. lots of Moto groups in the Bay Area. There are organized rides up in that area all the time. It’s a good way to meet local riders too.
    DonniBoi likes this.
  3. dravnx

dravnx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Check out Barf, Bay Area Riders Forum. While Bay area centric, there are lots of outliers. I'm in Santa Rosa. There are many miles of great roads in your neighborhood.
    Sfcootz likes this.
  4. DonniBoi

DonniBoi Out of my element Supporter

Oddometer:
    im in santa rosa. in cobb you have a ton of roads to take off from.

last week we rode up 29 to middletown and through cobb via 175 and bottle rock road. over to hopland grade (175) then up to ukiah via old river road, take hwy 253 to booneville and back via 128. twisties galore.

5. WRC51

WRC51 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Try Ida Clayton Rd. just North of Calistoga, 12 miles of great riding. The first 8 or so miles is goaty pavement, the last section is dirt/gravel, it will dump you on HYW29 a few miles before Middletown it is a fun ride.
  6. dravnx

dravnx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just rode Knoxville Berryessa Rd a couple of weeks ago on my FJR1300. Definitely not the right tool for the job but the road is goaty goodness. More suited to my Vstrom fer sher.
    WRC51 and Sfcootz like this.
  7. spacebro

spacebro Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the tips. I’ll check these out.
  8. spacebro

spacebro Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My only bike is a Triumph Sprint. Gravel ain’t no good on that thing. Today I rode up PCH from Fort Bragg to Legget. Going north from when you leave the coast to Legget is the most fun I’ve had on a motorcycle in a long time. I had ridden that once before on a K1200RS loaded with at least a hundred pounds of stuff. It was 10 times more fun today on an unladen Sprint. Glorious.
    Sfcootz likes this.
  9. WRC51

WRC51 Long timer

Oddometer:
    OK then you will love HWY 128 out of Cloverdale to the coast, it has become one of my favorites. It joins up with HWY 1 about 20 miles South of Ft. Bragg. Ft. Bragg to Legget is on my to do list. I agree I did the dirt section on Ida Clayton on my Super Tenere with street tires....it was a handful. IMG_0704.JPG
    Sfcootz likes this.