Road to Dakar - KLIM TwinTrail Racing Team

Discussion in 'Racing' started by isaac.feliu, Oct 28, 2021.

1. isaac.feliu

isaac.feliu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It’s been quite a long since I haven’t written anything here. But some weeks ago, when Eglè / @EvergreenE wrote about the Dinaric Rally, which I took part in, I decided to post about the big adventure that is coming ahead for me and my colleagues: the Dakar 2022!

[​IMG]

Before I start, I would like to get back to my beginnings, which I used to share here some years ago… “Africa Call” was my 42.000km solo trip across Africa and Europe on a R1200GS Adventure in 2013. You can have a look at some of the videos I did by then on my youtube channel. After that, I’ve been traveling around, testing motorbikes and in 2015 founded my own motorbike company.

Everybody is aware that 2020 was a bad year for everyone, it was hard and it challenged all companies. I own TwinTrail, which works as a Motorbike Touring Company in Spain as well as an Off-Road school for adventure bikes and a store, so for a long time, we couldn’t travel nor take courses. We didn’t like it and we didn’t want to be waiting until everything could go back to normality, so meanwhile, we decided to start a live program in Spanish on Youtube to try to make the lockdown a bit more entertaining to our followers and customers. It was called TwinTrail Talks. It was just a way to break with the limitations of the situation but it suddenly became a place to meet, to chat about bikes, and the most important, a room to have fun.

After the first season in 2020, my friend Martín Solana, who is usually active following the Dakar in advrider F5 Dakar, suggested doing a special edition of the TwinTrail Talks during the Dakar 2021, and as I like quite a lot to fling myself into any mess, I said yes easily. So during the first couple of weeks of January, Martín, Charly, and I went live every night to talk and comment about each of the stages of the Dakar Rally, the pro riders, and all the Spanish participants. In the beginning, we just mentioned that the Dakar is always a dream for any motorsport fan, then we said it was a challenge to be done in the future, and in the end, we just made it a goal for 2022. I don’t like to plan for the long term so it had to be the next edition. And now we are just on it, our Road2Dakar started by then, we’ve raced the Andalucia Rally and the Rallye du Maroc and after that, we have now been approved to race the 44th edition of the Rally Dakar! Throughout the year we have also raced the Hellas Rally and Dinaric Rally.

We are a team of 3 amateur Spanish riders (Carles, Albert, and me) who are going to participate in the Originals by Motul category, with no assistance. It has been a hard year and now comes the best and toughest part, two months to get everything ready and focus to race the most difficult rally in the world. I believe our Road2Dakar project is quite different from the others because we’ve made it to be real in less than a year and because we’ve worked on it differently. We’ve converted it into the biggest team of the Dakar thanks to the Supporters that have joined us. More than 700 people have become part of the team, who are helping us through the private Telegram channel. If you would like to join the team, follow our day-to-day journey to the Dakar, get to know how preparation for this race is in terms of the motorbike, nutrition, physical preparation, economics, and anything related to the Dakar, this is your place to go. It is a community that works together for a really special purpose: the Dakar 2022!

[​IMG]
    Hope you like it and you want to join the team! I will try to keep updating a bit here of our project!

Teaser of our Road2Dakar :)

www.twintrailracingteam.es/?lang=en
    www.instagram.com/twintrailracingteam

Attached Files:

2. Oporpu

Oporpu Adventurer

Oddometer:
    #TAMOSLAAAAIF!!!
    Let's go team!!
    isaac.feliu likes this.
  3. gmayan

gmayan n00b

Oddometer:
    Tamos Laif... biggest team at the Dakar 2022!
    isaac.feliu likes this.
  4. gmayan

gmayan n00b

Oddometer:
    :beer
    isaac.feliu likes this.
  5. ricard-and

ricard-and n00b

Oddometer:
    Every effort is rewarded. The biggest team on the Dakar. Go, go,go,goooo Twintrail racing team!!
    #tamoslaif
    isaac.feliu likes this.
  6. Obimikel

Obimikel n00b

Oddometer:
    Go,go,go!!! TamosLaif!!!! Come on supporters!!!!
    isaac.feliu likes this.