Roaming Rally 2012

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Deadly99, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Emmbeedee

Emmbeedee Procrastinators

Oddometer:
    Hey, where's Peter the Farmer?

[​IMG]

I don't remember seeing him at the Bivouac (sorry, KOA campsite) last night.
  2. Emmbeedee

Oddometer:
    Random Foods Along The Way:

Maybe it should be called "Eat Your Way Through Ontario Ride".

This is some of the food we ate this weekend, starting with Pulled Pork and Brisket from the Pig Iron in Gananoque:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

To this chicken pie and Caesar salad I had in a Sharbot Lake bakery, and Stephanie's chicken salad sandwich and roasted red pepper soup.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And they had some awesome desserts there too. I had an amazing peanut butter cup. And so did GoodOlGuzzi, but he managed to dust it with a little fine Ontario dirt first.

[​IMG]
  3. drcool

drcool R.I.P. Dave

Oddometer:
    WooooHooo, look at you kids gettin all dirty and shit.:clap

Looks like fun:freaky

Gotta love the JB Weld oil pan
    drcool
  4. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Home safe from the Carnage Rally. Wrenched on 13 bikes, none of them trailside, as Drif5 and I just enjoyed riding together off the chosen path.

Still three vehicles in my yard (and we left last) so it's ebay time...
  5. TDY

TDY Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome weekend!
    I had a fantastic ride on each of 4 consecutive days. A big thanks to Ted and Bryan for the tracks, and to any other organizers.
    To all who participated in this year's heavyweight bike toss event, may your wounds heal quickly and your bike repairs be affordable.
    I will be back next year for sure.:clap
  6. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
  7. juames

juames Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer:
    The 2nd annual Roaming Rally is in the books, and it was a huge success! Hope everyone enjoyed themselves, and those who got banged up heal quickly. Here are a few random shots from the weekend.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. Grinder

Grinder Wrong way 'round

Oddometer:
    Great rally. Awesome tracks. Had fun on the little wr250r.

Kudos Ted and co for your efforts, and it was great to meet you Ned.
  9. Dan Alexander

Dan Alexander still alive and well

Oddometer:
    Too bad I missed it :cry ... I didn't get my seat back from Seat Concepts till Saturday noon in Ogdensburgh.
  10. 4badboyz

4badboyz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    had a great time again, no crashing no drowning this time:rofl Thanks Ted for all the good work, and to momacoastguard for running sweep:freakygood times were had by all:clap
    cheers!
    Mark
  11. gsstampeder

gsstampeder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow! That was an incredible weekend. Thanks to all who put this together, from the pre-rides to the support truck....:freaky

God my ass is sore tho.....:lol3
  12. skypilot

skypilot NOTHING beats a fresh set of knobs

Oddometer:
    Any of them headed towards CT? I am at DLC and headed back in the later,orning. Turns out i am not taking Loph so i havespace

13. Gone-Native

Gone-Native XPLORER

Oddometer:
    He knows how to ride bitch pretty well too:evil
  14. StepOnIt

StepOnIt Assitoner

Oddometer:
    It was an amazing weekend riding and the weather was great too. Thanks to all the people who helped out and got this organized I had a great time. Nice to meet everyone and put a name to a face.
    Thanks again :freaky
  15. deersSlayer

deersSlayer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That was an awesome ride/weekend! :clap

Thanks Ted and all for organizing this great ride. And the Thursday night Dakar presentation was cool!
    Lots of really interesting people on the ride, nice to meet and chat with folks.

This was my first adventure riding, ever. I had the dirt wheels/tires on the bike only the Monday before the ride, with only a 20 km test on asphalt. Although my 170 km Thursday ride to Desert Lake included a lot of gravel roads, they were very easy.

Riding alone (nobody else rode as slowly as I did!), I left early each day to make sure I would not finish last. I think all of you passed me at least once on the ride, some many, many times. :D
    I skipped the Friday tech section, else I might still be out there...
    The Saturday AM short water crossing is the deepest I've ever done, it was fun.
    Also Sat AM, the fairly long and nasty 'hillclimb' scared the hell out of me. Three riders had just passed me, and one of them was stuck about half way up on the far left. As one of the others climbed down to help him, I went up keeping a bit to the right - I figured potential helpers were already in place! My non-intentional zip-zaging path got me up without incident.

My WR250X (supermoto) with proper 18 & 21" dirt wheels shod with D606 was a damn good bike for me on this ride!

I'm now shopping for barkbusters, then I'll get lots and lots of practice in the dirt and gravel to get comfortable sliding the bike around. I've got about 300,000 kms experience riding street bike, but nearly none with dirtbikes. I was pleasantly surprised with how well the D606 gripped on pavement, I had the bike leaned well over in the tight twisty sections of # 307 and Chemin de la Lievre / de Val Ombreuse (Sunday's get-me-home route, the first ~ 40 km of asphalt from camp.)

I'm hooked... :evil
  16. BikerBobber

BikerBobber Trying to get lost

Oddometer:
    Thanks to the organizers for another blast of a ride!
    Many thanks to my riding partners MDLAK and John Walker, and the other riders we shared the trails with.
    Special thanks to whomever gave me their spare footpeg bolt to replace my MIA subframe bolt.
  17. Emmbeedee

Oddometer:
    Great Weekend!

[​IMG]

We had a lot of fun, though we had to bail and not go up to Quebec. Met a lot of great people, weather was mostly fabulous, tracks were accurate and very useful on the gps, what more could we ask for?

I posted pics earlier in the thread but in case anyone's missed them, this is the complete set.

Thanks again to everyone who organized this, and thanks for the beautiful print I won at the draw. I managed to get it home safely. Will also thank the people who donated it to the ride.
  18. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Lots of thank you's are in order....

GPSCity.ca
    GPSCentral.ca
    DualSportPlus.com
    Kanata Honda
    Doubletake Mirrors
    Ernie the Motoartist
    Butler Maps
    CJDesigns

All of the above and a few others donated prizes. A HUGE thank you...the folks who won prizes are grateful and I believe I speak for eveyone when I say that its pretty cool that companies come forward to support the event...THANKS AGAIN!

A thanks to Drift10 for his countless hours of helping people fix their bikes :nod

A big thanks to Naomi for her countless hours of driving around picking up broken down bikes and carrying folks gear, picking up beer, etc...THANKS :nod

Thanks to Juames, Flanny and Drift10 for the route making. Local knowledge is what makes the routes fun.

Thanks to everyone who came out...it would be freaking lame if no one showed up...so THANK YOU :deal

A few pics

[​IMG]

I'm thinking its gotta be pretty cool to have support Ned at the Dakar (assuming as your wearing his shirt) and to show up and have him help you fix your bike). Gotta mention that KLR needed work...on my laneway :rofl

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More to come....
  19. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks Ned for the Dakar presentation. I assume folks enjoyed it as much as I did and once again congrats on your finish :freaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Late nights....

[​IMG]

And early mornings.....

[​IMG]
  20. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    No. You need lights first! :lol3