Roaming Rally 2017

Discussion in 'Canada' started by juames, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Emmbeedee

Emmbeedee Procrastinators

Oddometer:
    The place formerly known as Munfords also has gas now.
  2. tattewell

tattewell Mad Poser

Oddometer:
    New ownership, big improvements I see.
  3. CanadianX

CanadianX Don’t leave a steaming pile for others.

Oddometer:
    Are you carrying extra gas? I have a 1 Litre MSR you can stuff in the backpack. I need to remember to grab Ben's fuel syphon in case we need to cross load fuel from my bike. What's your off road range again?
  4. Emmbeedee

Emmbeedee Procrastinators

Oddometer:
    Just a preview, from year one. Skibum69 riding my DR.

5. juames

juames Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer:
    Awesome day of riding today! Wet feet for sure, but tons of fun!
    [​IMG]

Ted's new ride for this year...
    [​IMG]
    ridepie, Rider23 and MotoPundit like this.
  6. gqelements

gqelements Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome event this year. Here's @Mac navigating the water crossing on BB Day 1 D (in reverse, as we got a little discombobulated, lost the Small Bike route after Ompah and roamed around off-course quite a bit...).

ridepie, juames and Deadly99 like this.
  7. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    A huge thanks to everyone who attended :clap

Hope everyone had a good time. No question this year's route(s) was one of, if not the most challenging we have put together. Seems like everyone managed the challenge and came out the other end with some epic memories.

Like each year, the team comraderie is a big part of the Roaming Rally. As is a cold beer around a campfire at night.

It was great to reacquaint with familiar faces and meet a bunch of new folks as well.

364 days until the next RR, route planning is already being discussed...

Thanks again, please post up your photos, videos and recaps of your experience.

Cheers
    Ted
    ridepie likes this.
  8. StepOnIt

StepOnIt Assitoner

Oddometer:
    Once again a great weekend with some great people. The small bike route was a blast and tough as hell. Even if I didn't water out in one hole not sure we would have made the whole trail anyway. Pulled into gas half way and it was already 7:30. Turns out there was some tough trails still to come. But a shout out to our group for coming together and lifting our bike over the 3' high log on the trail. Good times good beer great riding.
    Deadly99 and juames like this.
  9. CanadianX

Oddometer:
    Got back home late this afternoon. Pretty epic RR this year, day 1 kicked my ass but team Ktonda rocked all of the small bike route, less the tail end of the last section some time after the "waterfall" Waterfall was a gooder and wasn't that bad except for the fact we were all bagged after dragging bikes over trees and through mud. Day 2 and a watered out bike within the first 20min, revived it and had a second watered out bike maybe an hour later. That one took more effort to revive but we were back on the trails after some draining and drying. We skipped around a lot to avoid roads, went off route and by late afternoon decided to route direct for the camp. RR17 was a tough one! Sunday we skipped out for a little ride in Limerick Forest and had some fun on the trails and in the sand. After an hour or so the previous days were catching up to us so we rolled back to base camp to pack up and get on the road. I'll see what I can piece together from random video clips and post them up.
    Deadly99, juames and JohnfromJersey like this.
  10. tattewell

tattewell Mad Poser

Oddometer:
    Glad you guys had a good go on the second day, sorry I couldn't be there.
  11. dancingboy

dancingboy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got my full money's worth on day one, totally exceeded all expectations of mosquito's, mud, water, rocks, downed trees, two broken kickstand springs, drowned bikes, a touch of hypothermia .....all in all.... a perfect RR17!!
    Oh Yeah, waking up this morning I'm still sore and stiff, this Rally keeps giving and giving :)
    Absolutely epic.
    Roaming Rally 2017 will be the rally that all others will be judged by
  12. CanadianX

Oddometer:
    Day 1 was the epic trial day 2 was a bit more open and we skipped some of the route to go with trails we knew. The plan was to have a cut off time in order to be in camp at a reasonable hour to hang around the camp fire.
  13. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nolan! How the hell are you? Maybe one day I'll make it back for an RR. I guess I need to get my 525 up to the mainland.
  14. BuiltnotBought

BuiltnotBought Perpetual Project

Oddometer:
    So when do those of us who couldn't make it get to see some photo evidence of this epic ride?:hmmmmm
  15. Boianovich

Boianovich Old and Cautious

Oddometer:
    I'd post some pictures but all you'd see is bug carcasses splattered all over the lens
    juames likes this.
  16. dancingboy

dancingboy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm afraid that many of us were in Survival mode, not Spielberg mode, I had two camera's with me and never took a photo or a second of video. I'm bummed about it now and wish that I had persevered, but those "fuking" mosquito's drove me insane!
    juames and BuiltnotBought like this.
  17. northof49

northof49 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Boonie Boys had a great time, an adventure as always! Watered out on day 1, "re-learned" that walking the water holes was a good thing!!!! Skipped Day 2's first leg and really enjoyed the greasy and wet last two legs challenging and fun for three very tired riders.
    Couple of buddies that moved our gear had an adventure also, two flats on the trailer!!! WTF. Talk about bad luck! All turned out well thanks to old faithful Canadian tire!
    Great having beers and telling stories with our Vermonster friends! Good to see you again boys!
    Hard to explain to the general population that pushing a drowned bike out of a bug infested swamp is fun, but it is! I thank Ted and James for making it happen!! every year.
    Keep it up guys, your awesome!
    Chris, Brandon and Tyler
    20170527_155837.jpg
    Deadly99, DUXGS and juames like this.
  18. ridepie

ridepie Let 'er dangle

Oddometer:
    Team Kickstart Cartel thoroughly enjoyed RR17. We stuck mainly around Calabogie, but we were just loving the singletrack and new challenging routes so much we couldn't leave (too exhausted). We had a bit of everything- watered out bikes, head nets, Redneck Bistro, fallen trees, falling into water/ swamps and great times. And for maybe the first time in a few years- no one got hurt! Thanks to Ted and James for organizing as always. G'day![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    Deadly99 and juames like this.
  19. ODSC1

ODSC1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another great RR! Day 1 and 2 were total opposites. And I'm glad day 2 was on the easy side.

I've posted a few videos from Team Kthonda, mostly from the easy stuff on day 1 and the early morning water crossing on day 2.

20. juames

juames Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer:
    A huge thanks to everyone for coming out and making this another great RR despite the weather gods doing thier best to stop us!

Seems like most teams had some sort of challenge to over come, including our team...we had multiple mechanical issue to deal with on Friday, so we didn't make it Levairs...but we found a nice little cottage for the night so it all worked out.
    [​IMG]

Another issue we had was a flat we had to repair on Saturday morning before we could get rolling again.
    [​IMG]

Bumped into MVTR and the boys along the way a couple times trying to diagnose a 690 fueling issue...good to catch up with Dave, Josh and the boys again!
    [​IMG]

And for those who watered out thier bikes, this might make you feel a bit better...this week one of the truck guys sank his Land Rover in a 5' water hole on Lingham Lake Rd! Took them 2.5 days to get it out, and now it has to be towed back to Toronto!
    [​IMG]
    Ruffus likes this.