Roaming Rally 2017

Discussion in 'Canada' started by juames, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Jbone11 11

Jbone11 11 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You jumping in on the package Pat Trahan is putting together?? Im damn tempted. Hellas is on the must do list for sure.
  2. alongat

alongat Fesh Fesh

Oddometer:
    I don't know pat Trahan but I've been living in the UK since this August and will be here for two years...there are a number of outfits who provide logistics and service including Desert Rose, etc. but I'll be doing it Malle moto so I only need to work out the logistics of getting the bikes/spares/gear there and back and there are a few guys who want to band together to arrange it. @MultiDoc is over there right now from Wales for the Hellas Raid that starts tomorrow and he's got a good source for the bike logistics...while I'm over here for a few years, you can bet your ass I'm not going to miss it - looking at Morocco in February for a practice trip.
    Deadly99 likes this.
  3. keener

keener Speed changes you.

Oddometer:
    More bikes and less trucks please!:)
  4. Jbone11 11

Jbone11 11 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gawd damn... I wish I was back on the continent!! FACK! LOL. Well, good on ya for getting after it while you're over there. As for Pat, he's putting together a logistics package for the hellas next year. For those that don't know him, he's done Dakar a few times... did it the first time on a used KLR if the legend is true.... LOL. He does a lot of riding in Morocco and Greece these days, he did Hellas last year.
    alongat likes this.
  5. alongat

alongat Fesh Fesh

Oddometer:
    His contact info would be greatly appreciated please and thanks.
  6. Jbone11 11

Jbone11 11 Long timer

Oddometer:
    here is Pat's contact info for those wanting more info on the Hellas Rally package for us Canadian folk: pat.trahan@yahoo.ca

I am told he's working directly with the Promoter of the rally to organize this. I believe the going rate is $4900 CAD all in (excluding flight and fuel). But email Pat for more details. If I had the time and money I'd be all over this.
  7. alongat

alongat Fesh Fesh

Oddometer:
    Ouch - glad I'm on this side of the world. Logistics for my bike will be £550 and that includes pick up at my house for my bike, spares and gear there and then back home...
  8. Jbone11 11

Jbone11 11 Long timer

Oddometer:
    HA!.....sounds about right. Once you are over the Atlantic shit gets cheaper real fast, contrary to what some might think. Even with Exchange, when we live in Rome, Cost of living was way less than Canada.... bikes included. Can't speak to the UK though.... only continental Europe.

One thing to keep in mind is that price is a fly and ride deal (minus your flight of course... ;) ). The intrepid among us could likely do the same cheaper by handling everything themselves, but this is obviously geared toward those that don't have the time, but do have the money. I mean folks spend about as much on all-inclusive holidays... I rather be riding a kick as Rally than drinking watered down pinacoladas poolside and eating at the safe buffet every night :D
  9. juames

juames Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer:
  10. juames

juames Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer: