Roaming Wyoming 701ing

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by TexasStevo, Aug 17, 2020.

1. TexasStevo

TexasStevo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We got moving early out of Worland. Had over a 100 mile pavement ride. About half of it was enjoyable, Wind River Canyon was nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Made it back to the truck/trailer and boogied on down the road. Passing through Denver now. It’s all over but the crying.

[​IMG]

You’ve come far pilgrim. I am feeling lucky as I think about what we just did regardless of the road trip pain to get to and from the “good stuff”. The American West is a gift, and we tore the wrapping paper off that dude this week. You always want more….but I am forcing myself to see the good fortune in what I got. Self, you had a good time. Catch yall on the next ride.
    staticPort, ilten, karter18 and 10 others like this.
  2. liv2day

liv2day Life is about how you handle Plan B Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just catching up and and at the end of page 2, frickin' awesome so far @TexasStevo & @KTMCarhart! Killer to see adjustaforks being used in their proper environment, @Joe Motocross would be happy whilst giving you shit for packing too much stuff :lol2 :lol2 :lol2

Those rocks look fun, as long as they don't last for miles; I like getting into that type of terrain, especially when it's followed by flowing 2-track where you can open the throttle a bit more.

Camp spots look great, is it all BLM land you're on, or are you also going through some NF stuff? Look forward to getting the tracks when you get a chance to post 'em, always interested in finding more spots to go burn fuel.

Gonna get to page 3 now, knobby side down gents :thumb
    karter18 likes this.
  3. TexasStevo

TexasStevo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got my packing ideas for this trip from JoeM reports!! The rock portions went on too long several times to be considered fun, it was an endurance game. But you deal with it for the bliss sections. We were in both BLM and NF. Generally speaking, pines and mountains we were in NF, desert and sand we were in BLM. I like the diversity and change up. Glad you are enjoying the report. If you want tracks, pm me in a week or two. We have a bit of clean up to do to them and will need to explain some disclaimers. Several tracks aren’t for the faint of heart.
    liv2day likes this.
  4. liv2day

Oddometer:
    Damn, caught up on page 3 and not sure where to start! First off, the variety of terrain and landscapes you guys traversed are something else - makes me want to throw my little mule in the truck and head east to WY. Lots of variety here in OR with the different climates, but nothing like that.

Can't believe water wasn't sucked into the motor of the 690 when she went for a swim, good luck that. Glad she fired up and you were able to continue on. I really like the technical sections you posted pics of; most of the guys I ride with give me no end of crap for the stuff I try to get us through, but I'd really enjoy doing some of that.

Fantastic pic of the sun just below your handlebars, and how cool to rent an old FS cabin like that...so sweet.

I see there's page 4 now, that wasn't the case when I started page 3 :lol2 :lol2. Gonna catch up more...lol.

Knobby side down guys, truly enjoying this RR :thumb
    TexasStevo likes this.
  5. liv2day

Oddometer:
    ^^^^

Effin' perfect; just my kind of stuff :D :D
    TexasStevo likes this.
  6. Todd157k

Todd157k Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fun trip! Thanks for draggin us along.
    TexasStevo likes this.
  7. mtncrawler

mtncrawler Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Awesome job guys! You have indeed come far...love that movie.
    TexasStevo likes this.
  8. Joe Motocross

Joe Motocross Adjustafork.com - CEO

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Solid. Love it. Just caught wind of this ride and I'm starting to read through.
    Ginger Beard likes this.
  9. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    This report, this is the shit I love.
    dano619 and ApexJeff like this.
  10. TexasStevo

TexasStevo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Me too, couldn't get enough of your reports. Drilling the plastic on the 701 was a straight up Joe move. I posted this on a Texas forum, you might see several adjustafork orders for Texas as I was getting inquiries. Spreading the love. The 500 was a dream lightly loaded. Riding the bikes back to back.....I think the 701 is going to go live somewhere else and I will get a twin "middle weight" for my road type trips. Wish your beloved SE wasn't such a limited run. Next year's adventure I think is going to be your state, XCW500 all day every day.
  11. NoelJ

NoelJ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great ride and write up!
  12. Comrade Art

Comrade Art Working stiff

Oddometer:
    Enjoyed your report. What "middle weight" are you thinking about?
  13. TexasStevo

TexasStevo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    For a couple years I thought the 1090 was a candidate. After picking up the used 701 last year, started second guessing the weight. Of course I have read/viewed everything I could about the 790 and T7. I like some things, and don't like some things. Lately I have been thinking of giving up the middle ground of the "tweener" bike. I would keep the 500 that is pretty versatile, woods weapon that I can switch to adventure mode easy enough with my desert tank etc. In that scenario, really been leaning towards getting a 2020 AT for my full adventure touring bike for racking up miles.....that I will still probably put in some rough stuff when things take a turn for the worse. Then stuff like the Norden 901 starts creeping in. Playing a little wait and see game right now. Usually a deal pops up that sways me a certain direction. What are your thoughts?
  14. Comrade Art

Comrade Art Working stiff

Oddometer:
    I'm in the same boat. I ride a KTM 640A. The bike is great on single track/fire roads but uncomfortable for long portions of paved roads/freeways.
  15. TexasStevo

TexasStevo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am jonesing again, hard. Wish I could wiggle my nose and be back there. Hold on........

[​IMG]

from the archives, never before seen footage......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That will have to do for now.....till next month......feeling some desert coming on.
    chilejack and Comrade Art like this.
  16. NoelJ

NoelJ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cool pics. Ever figure out the issue with the 701?
  17. TexasStevo

TexasStevo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No, still pending. Have a fuel pump and internal filter in the mail coming my way. It's the original pump/filter, 8500 miles. Should have done it already......

upload_2020-9-25_14-1-48.png
    NoelJ likes this.
  18. Norty01

Norty01 Occupant

Oddometer:
    Really enjoyed your pics and comments!

(Fellow 701 pilot.)
  19. TexasStevo

TexasStevo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks brother.

And an update on the 701, believe it was the internal fuel filter. Bike would still run but just wasn’t 100%. New Rottweiler pump and filter, it is back to striped ape status. And ready for a new owner. For sale, thread on Two Wheel Texans.

https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/2017-husky-701-enduro-8200.125219/

upload_2020-9-26_15-44-59.jpeg
  20. Joe Motocross

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the follow up on the issue. I'm still new to the fuel injected bikes so I like hearing about repairs. I got to ride one of those 701s this week. Amazing, very capable machines. Curious why you're selling?