Rock Store - Sunday May 16?

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by pfestus1, May 15, 2004.

1. pfestus1

pfestus1 Slash 5er

Oddometer:
    Hay LA area riders, I'm visiting in Venice for a couple of days, and am thinking about riding up to the Rock Store tomorrow morning. Will any Adv folks be there? I completed a 50cc Iron Butt ride Friday morning, Jax to San Diego. 2484 miles in 48 1/2 hours. I'm enjoying being OFF the bike today, but feel I ought to check out some of the local hot spots before I head back to ole Virginnie. :ricky
  2. sherpa

sherpa ...Robert

Oddometer:
    Way to Go Hank :thumb
  3. Steve Glenn

Steve Glenn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Way to go Frank, I want to do one of those someday. Did you make the trip on a GS?
  4. Dick

Dick Its a big old goofy world

Oddometer:
    Rock on - did you throw a BBG in for fun on the westward trek?

Congratulations :freaky
  5. pfestus1

pfestus1 Slash 5er

Oddometer:
    :D Yes, I rode out here on a R1100GS. My riding buddy was on a Ducati ST2. We did make a valiant effort at a Bun Burner Gold the first 24 hours. Missed it by 30 minutes. I guess we dallied at a couple of gas stops too long, then got into heavy rain in Louisianna whiched slowed us a bit. We got into Van Horn Texas which is a little over 1500 miles, but were a bit too late to put in for the BBG. We rested there for 5 hours before hitting the road again and riding all night into San Diego about 6:30 am.
  6. richard cabesa

richard cabesa The Mayor Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hank, the wife and I may end up down there today. Look for this
    [​IMG]