Rocket & Me

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by CashCow, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Retro Iron

Retro Iron Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That’s a nice pic on the day.

What top case is that on the maroon bike? It’s a beauty.
    dp064 likes this.
  2. wbdvt

wbdvt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @Retro Iron
    That top case came with the scooter that we bought used over the summer. The scoot is a 2012 GTS 300 in Daring Plum and the one in front is her old one a 2006 GTS 250 that I am trying to give it some loving since she has been solely on the 300! I also have a 2006 GTS 250 that is on the lift for some maintenance as it is past the recommended interval for rollers/sliders and belt.

Anyhow back to your question. It is a Baolima and sorta looks like a shrunk down Goldwing case. Very small.
  3. ClearwaterBMW

ClearwaterBMW The Examiner Supporter

Oddometer:
    this makes me smile
    plus..... i've actually ridden right there before
    twice
    which is great considering i'm on the west coast of florida
    well done
    thanks for the picture
    CaptnJim, Salth2ofish and dp064 like this.
  4. wbdvt

wbdvt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @ClearwaterBMW Glad I could bring a smile to someone today! Well, if you make it here a 3rd time you have to stop in, we live close by that sign.

I hope Bill doesn't mind the slight thread hijack on his thread!
    ClearwaterBMW likes this.
  5. CashCow

CashCow Rocketeer

Oddometer:
    Barry,

So nice to see you and Margot out on the scoots!

I m glad you posted here.

My riding and posting have been limited by several things recently.
    • I have maybe 20 active design projects that are keeping me very busy.
    • Then there is 24 hours of continuing education so I can renew my Architectural license.
    • I agreed to write a 1000 word article about my fun in the 2014 Scooter Cannonball Run (Turned out to be 2500 words) for the Scooterzine.
    • Ken has been sidelined recovering from knee surgery, then he was out of the country.
    • COVID is limiting my riding with the 7 Bridges Scooter Club.
    So it is great to see you contribute to this slow moving thread.

Write away!

Anyone!

Bill
  6. CashCow

CashCow Rocketeer

Oddometer:
    I am pleased to see that the top case has a spoiler on the deck.

Probably overkill, but it probably does stabilize the rear end at around 150 mph.

Bill
    CaptnJim, kpinvt, ZigzagguzzI and 3 others like this.
  7. ClearwaterBMW

Oddometer:
    i will promise to do that
    thanks for saying so
  8. MJSfoto1956

MJSfoto1956 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    She's a keeper!
    wbdvt and dp064 like this.
  9. Bueller

Bueller Cashin? Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Candi and I had a wonderful lunch today in Flagler beach with Bill. Thanks again Bill, good to see you as always!

FDA439C2-59A4-43B1-BE89-4F4E1A9B433C.jpeg
  10. CashCow

CashCow Rocketeer

Oddometer:
    That was a most enjoyable lunch for me.

Thanks to Gregg and Candi for riding over for our beach front lunch.

Plus, I got in a much needed ride.

Happy Birthday tomorrow, Gregg.

Bill

3DD6A541-5DA3-44D1-B7C4-21FF157844F3.jpeg 30482972-40C9-4A5A-8A10-37B22C3722E8.jpeg 2594EC3A-8BC2-4F11-ADD5-EE85FA46E169.jpeg
    I stopped in front of this beautiful house in Crescent Beach, designed by my friend Mike Walburn on my way home. Mike was a brilliant architect who died a few years ago
  11. tonymarchman

tonymarchman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great pics, good to see you guys!! Keep it up for us poor folk so far from the beach!
    CashCow, Bueller, kpinvt and 2 others like this.
  12. ClearwaterBMW

Oddometer:
    so happy you guys got together
    great pictures
    mike walburn is smiling down on you... happy you gave him a SHOUT OUT on the subject of his incredible creation
    well done
    CashCow likes this.
  13. CashCow

CashCow Rocketeer

Oddometer:
    Maizy

I dug a hole this morning.

Maizy, our 11 year old Golden Retriever has been steeply declining in health over the past month.

Sarah has been working from home so she could care for her, having to carry her outside and back in, as Maizy has lost the ability to walk in the last week.

She doesn't need to go out anymore as she has shut down. No relieving herself in any way over the past few days.

She was diagnosed with Lymphoma a month ago and now has a growth on her back that has grown from nothing to orange size in 10 days.

Maizy has been with us since she was a puppy. She was always a little strange, we thought she had Doggy Asbergers, but she has always been sweet and well behaved.

Sarah called the veterinarian yesterday. They are sending over their life ender today at 1:00.

It is a shame that we can't all live forever, but this fate comes to all of us.

Bill

4A198349-E1CD-492F-BF43-E0C010E24D13.jpeg

Yesterday, She couldn't get up anymore.

DB069D5E-456E-4E33-B6A2-C7AD4797F9E0.jpeg

Just a week ago, outside as we put up Christmas lights.

D6DEDDE9-4862-4D82-9914-FF0EA68A5B82.jpeg

She lost an eye last year.
  14. wbdvt

wbdvt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I understand how you feel as around this time 2 years ago our 12 yo labradoodle had to be euthanized. Our condolences as we understand pets become a loved member of the family.
    The Virginian, kpinvt and CashCow like this.
  15. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Scooter Pilot

Oddometer:
    Wandering (but based in the Tropical Tip of Texas)
    Bill, my heart hurts for you. It is a tough decision, but one that has to be made with Maizy's best interests in mind. These furry family members give love unconditionally, and count on us for their care... and that includes making that final unselfish decision for them. I have said they will let me know when; and it is heart-wrenching. We have been through it several times and it seems to get harder. The loss is real. Know in time that the memories that sting so much right now will eventually bring you a smile.

Sincere condolences, but know that you gave Maizy a great life.

Jim
  16. ClearwaterBMW

Oddometer:
    Bill
    I am so sorry to hear this
    it was nearly impossible to say goodbye to our Spalding and Angus and Disco (a much young Mackenzie named her)...
    I can fully empathize with your situation today
    I hope that our past friends will be there on the other side of the rainbow bridge to be with Maizy as she crosses over
    maybe you've read the poem from that little boy who explained the sum veterinarian why dogs don't live so long
    it's one of the most beautiful things anyone is ever written
    if you have a moment I hope you will read it:
    https://www.goodthingsguy.com/opinion/why-dogs-live-shorter-lives/
    WHY DOGS DON'T LIVE AS LONG AS HUMANS
    3/13/2016

In the wake of the death of our family dog, Bunky - my friend David shared the following passage with me. It is a theory on why dogs don't live long lives like humans, as told by a child. The author is unknown, but the post is all over the internet - and it truly is beautiful and helped to bring me some comfort while mourning my baby girl. For anyone who has lost a dog, you know there is nothing that can be said or done that will fill the aching hole in your chest. That will be there forever, but this helps ease the blow..

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten year old Irish wolfhound, named Belker. The dog’s owners, Ron, his wife Lisa and their little boy Shane were all very attached to Belker and they were hoping for a miracle. I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer.

I told the family there were no miracles left for Belker and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog. Ron and Lisa told me that they thought it would be good for the four year old Shane to observe the procedure.

They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.
    I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker’s family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few moments, Belker slipped away peacefully. The little boy seemed to accept Belker’s transition without any difficulty or confusion.

We sat together for a while after Belker’s death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, “I know why.” Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I had never heard a more comforting explanation.

He said,

“People are born so that they learn how to live a good life – like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?” The four year old continued, “Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay as long.”
  17. Bueller

Bueller Cashin? Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am so sorry Bill.

George Carlin said when you get a pet you’re purchasing a small tragedy. While that may be true, I’ll never forget what the vet said to me when I had to have my first dog - my 16 year old Keeshond Brandy euthanized. I had her come to our home. At one point I apologized for being so upset. She said, “it’s ok. It’s more upsetting to me when I have to do this and the owners aren’t upset”.

Maizy will have some wonderful new friends waiting on the other side. Praying you all have peace and comfort.
  18. CashCow

CashCow Rocketeer

Oddometer:
    You guys are amazing.

It goes to show what a great forum we have here.

Thank you.

Bill
  19. ClearwaterBMW

Oddometer:
    everybody here cares for you a great deal
    and we all know that dogs are some of the greatest creatures on this earth
  20. cdwise

cdwise Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Always hard to lose a family member. {{{hugs}}} to you and Sarah.