Rockies Forum Rules, Thread Index, Introductions- Welcome!

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by neduro, Nov 21, 2010.

1. CaptCapsize

CaptCapsize Long timer

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the Land of Entrapment. What you need to know depends on what you ride and what want to do.

For dirt we have lot and lots of it. Most land in NM is public BLM and Forest Service. The drought is starting to cause the FS to close National Forest areas, so check before riding. The following link may help.
    https://firerestrictions.us/nm/

There are thousands of trails and roads to ride. The FS has a helpful site for exploring.
    https://www.fs.fed.us/ivm/index.html

Since you are from our neighbor to the east where most of the property is private you will like it where you can ride without asking permission on public lands. Remember much of NM is remote and gas stations are few and far between,and they don't always have gas. Also our dry climate will fool you, take lots of water and stay hydrated.
    Roadrunner and 303arborist like this.
  2. D K

D K Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello.

Ive been on here for a while but just recently moved to Denver.
    Im shopping for a bike as we speak so I can get back out there to ride.

Hopefully get to meet some of you folks.

David
    HanzoSteel and Merfman like this.
  3. BikePilot

BikePilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    Howdy folks! I'm loaded up and moving to Golden (lookout Mt) CO right now. I've met many of y'all when out riding that way and when I worked in Denver for a summer (2008). Originally from Englewood but my parents moved away when I was a kid. Very excited to return to my roots and reconnect with the Rockies crew. With any luck I'll be in town by Friday night!!! If you see an old green f250 pullinga hipoint give a wave :)
  4. BikePilot

BikePilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    My new view!

Attached Files:

ROAD DAMAGE, nwcolorider and husky390 like this.
  5. riabma77

riabma77 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Reading here for a while, so I think it's a good time to introduce myself.

Newbie to motorcycles. We move about 1 year ago from Houston to Ruidoso, NM, and I just bought a humble '11 KLR650. Really excited about it!

Thanks to everybody for this site. It's a great place to learn, and share experiences! Looking forward to meet people around me!
    HanzoSteel, Merfman and yehaaa6 like this.
  6. a_ron

a_ron Adventurer

Oddometer:
  7. Asatrur

Asatrur KLR adv rider

Oddometer:
    I could be this weekend and could ship next week.
    72zero-34o-zero439
    a_ron likes this.
  8. devotionliner

devotionliner Armadillo Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hello
    New to Eagle, CO from Chicago. Looking for people to ride with. Currently ride a KTM350 & Tiger 800XC.
  9. cidi

cidi cidi Supporter

Oddometer:
    Welcome! I am in Fairplay, just south of Breckenridge. You have lots of stuff to explore once the snow melts.
  10. nwcolorider

nwcolorider NWCOLO

Oddometer:
    I am just North of you in Craig. You have loads of trails around you for that 350, my son was a BLM trail ranger last summer down there and what he showed me was immense. Stop by and get some trail maps at the BLM office. For the Tiger, check out the Dino thread.
    Colorado970 likes this.
  11. devotionliner

devotionliner Armadillo Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you want to ride in the area, please drop me a note. I’m happy to let elsewhere too. It’s all new to me out here.

Looking at Dino ride, out of town that week. Sounds fun but not sure I can swing it.

I did sign up for the ADVRider RMAR rally
  12. krumgrinder

krumgrinder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey All,
    Not new to ADVRider, but moving to Placitas, NM from Columbus, OH in a few weeks. Former Concours rider for many years, switched to a KTM 990 Adventure in 2013 and been tearing up rural Ohio backroads and woods since then. Hope to meet some of you in the near future!
    pratered likes this.
  13. Red_Label

Red_Label Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've lived-in and explored most of south-central MT and northern WY for all of my 51 years on this rock. But had never been to western CO before April of this year. I decided to drive to Vegas, and meet my wife there (who was flying down). I went to Rawlins and then down to Baggs, Craig, and Rifle (where I stayed the night). I was pretty fascinated with that country down there. The drive from Rawlins to Baggs was brutal in its barren landscape. But once I got south of Baggs, I was loving all of that country down to Craig and Rifle. And then west towards UT and NV the next day. I hope to get down to Craig and explore the area on my Tiger eventually. There was still a ton of snow down there when I came through in early April, so I will definitely plan on May or Sept/Oct. I actually may be down through there in mid-Sept this year, because the wife and I are talking about another Vegas trip then. Anyways... I'd heard something to the effect of Craig being the "elk capital of the world" over the years. And after doing through there, I can see why. There were elk head silhouettes on every other business there.
  14. nwcolorider

nwcolorider NWCOLO

Oddometer:
    Did you see all the dead ones in the ditch? This winter CDOT said just shy of 500 impacts in the stretch from Baggs to Craig
  15. Red_Label

Oddometer:
    I did see a bunch. It was crazy. I was driving my little Pontiac Solstice convertible, so I was being extra cautious, because hitting an elk in that little thing would be almost as bad as hitting one on a bike.
  16. husky390

husky390 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Check out Yellowjacket Pass the next time you’re on your Tiger. I haven’t ridden a bike on it but have seen some guys do it on BMW GS’
  17. Red_Label

Oddometer:
    Sounds good! I'm trying to talk my wife into doing a deal on our September Vegas trip where we drive her Subaru Forester and pull a small trailer behind, where I can put my Tiger when I need a break. I'll ride all the good stuff. I'm not normally one of "those guys" who is a poser. I put in my miles and earn my stripes. But I like traveling with her.
    pratered likes this.
  18. Beebernitz

Beebernitz My bike^ Shit I say> Supporter

Oddometer:
    81C00573-F091-4B95-A433-A1A21663FAC5.jpeg 362D8EB7-115D-42F0-A369-AF9037B5F9AD.jpeg A big hello to like minded individuals. Been riding for years and recently purchased a BMW F650GS, my first adventure bike. Looking forward to some off road excursions and some participation in NorCo TOR. Pics of the GS and others in the stable.
    miken0vf likes this.
  19. cidi

cidi cidi Supporter

Oddometer:
    Welcome and congrats on your newest addition!
  20. miken0vf

miken0vf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    holla holla! might see you around sometime, im just down the road in Broomfield.