Rockies Forum Rules, Thread Index, Introductions- Welcome!

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by neduro, Nov 21, 2010.

1. mrmushman

mrmushman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    New member here from Bozeman, MT. Looking for other riders interested in local backcountry rides. I have a Honda crf250L.
    txboynmt, BikePilot and miken0vf like this.
  2. dusfou

dusfou Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello All, I've been an on & off long time lurker. I'm a MTB racer turned MX & Offroad racer. Last year I decided I wanted to get my girlfriend who is into "traditional" outdoor recreation into some two wheeled fun. Despite that she's never driven a manual we had her come to the MX track and ride my friends klx110 then crf230l in the controlled setting of the parking lot. She figured it out right away and within an hour we we're cruising around the ATV tracks. The next week I started looking for a good bike for her to ride and trails (and maybe me to ride to work). I quickly found a 2009 Super Sherpa with 800 miles! Sold "new" in 2013 to a riding school that folded soon after and had been sitting on it for some time.

Her first day riding that on some county roads and a ATV trail went so well I bought my friends crf230l a few weeks later and we rode some of the alpine loop as an overnight staying in Ouray. I got knee surgery in December so I am just about to start riding MTB's & offroad again but we have been riding the side roads near us a ton this Summer.

This past weekend we decided to try our first motorcycle camping trip (which makes me feel like I can finally be a contributing forum member and not just a lurker) and had a blast. She was bummed we couldn't ride a section of trail instead of riding the country road and her favorite part was the bit of ATV trail we rode. We did 109 miles without needing to flip to reserve but she was already looking into options to carry more fuel for bigger trips in the future. Needless to say she's hooked!

KIMG1496.JPG KIMG1487.JPG KIMG1481.JPG KIMG1476.JPG KIMG1475_01.JPG
    BikePilot, bigfatkahuna and miken0vf like this.
  3. bigfatkahuna

bigfatkahuna Exploring Colorado

Oddometer:

Welcome to the board! Looks like you guys are doing some great stuff! As you have already found, there is a wealth of great information here.
  4. Co Klr Rider

Co Klr Rider n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello to all. I live on the Western Slope. I started a thread and was reffered by other members to come here. I have a Klr 650 and usually ride alone. I have been here for a little over a year now and would like to start riding with others as well as to get to know the community.
    miken0vf likes this.
  5. cidi

cidi cidi Supporter

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the club!!!
    Keep watching the rocky Mtn thread. Several riders on the western slope announce day rides. We also had a couple of great get-togethers specifically the Dino rides out of Craig ( search for Dino2019) and the RMAR. AFRICA TWIN Rallye out of Gunnison. These are great events to get to know other riders from the area.
    Best of luck and I will PM you with links as I find them.
  6. Co Klr Rider

Co Klr Rider n00b

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the information. I have messaged RMAR and waiting for a reply. I am new to all of this but am excited in the new possibilities.
  7. miken0vf

miken0vf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    welcome welcome! im not close enough but if you're ever in the denver/boulder area.... also, maybe see you at the ktm rally in breckenridge next week? im going just to look around for the day on saturday. maybe tape advrider name to my windscreen.
    Co Klr Rider likes this.
  8. Jrfor0

Jrfor0 n00b

Oddometer:
    New member here. James from Littleton, CO. Picked up a used 2017 701 Enduro and looking to get as much dirt under my tires as possible.
    miken0vf likes this.
  9. cidi

cidi cidi Supporter

Oddometer:
    Welcome! Watch the Rockies threat for single day ride postings. With a little luck we may get some warm temps back soon a you’ll have a few more weeks of riding. Enjoy the bike.
  10. txboynmt

txboynmt n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey everyone. I’m Wes and live in Bozeman, MT. I’m new to the forum here and new to ADV riding. I’m currently riding a KTM 790 Adventure that I bought back in July and love it! I’ve put about 3500 miles on it, mostly on the tarmac. Looking forward to connecting with others in Montana and getting deeper into ADV riding.

Attached Files:

Osprey! likes this.