Rockies regional randomness

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Geek, Sep 30, 2009.

1. PrairieRider

PrairieRider Gearing down for Hell

Oddometer:
    Easy!! Knit a vest & string some of that teflon wire stuff through it. Add a connector and voila!
  2. jet123

jet123 Using all my gears Supporter

Oddometer:
    Voila... as in :kboom?
  3. PrairieRider

PrairieRider Gearing down for Hell

Oddometer:
    Hell didn't use a knitted garment, but did something similar to this to make his heated jacket. Though he's fiery, he hasn't gone :kboom yet. :D
  4. Firestrom

Firestrom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey folks. I'm new to ADV Rider, but a long time dirt biker, so I need some directions. I ran into a group of riders several weeks ago just off HWY 67, Red Rocks Campground, they said they were heading over to Breckenridge via dirt tracks and back roads. They said someone on ADV posted the ride and sent the GPS coordinates and it was basically who ever showed up went with 'em. I haven't been able to find any posted rides during my lurking around?? Is there a post just for Colorado riders, or even front range riders??

I live in Monument so it's all convenient to me.

Thanks, Kirk
  5. Bonnie Abbzug

Bonnie Abbzug Property of Hayduke

Oddometer:

Hi Kirk,

Welcome to the Rockies :wave .

This thread http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346955 is a great place to look for upcoming rides going on. :thumb
  6. Dysco

Dysco Diaper slinger

Oddometer:
    Since Im trying to be all frugal and stuff I've been using my bus pass to get to school 4-5 days a week. (If I need to go somewhere in a hurry after work/school lets out, I take the motorcycle and park about a half mile from the building I need to be in.)

I rode my bicycle to the bus stop this morning, took a bus in the right general direction and rode the 2 miles left. I made it to work 40 minutes after I caught the bus about 1/4 mile from my house. I decided to ride all the way home after studying. I made it home in 40 minutes on trails and residential streets and barely broke a sweat. :rofl

Previously my best time was 1:10 walking and bussing. People pay $2 a ride to go two miles. $4 a day will buy a passable bicycle and a lock in 2 weeks or less. :dunno
  7. Hayduke

Hayduke ///SAFETY THIRD/// Supporter

Oddometer:
    To add to the musical You tubes...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-vSBcMEkg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-vSBcMEkg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  8. Hayduke

Oddometer:

Bicycles make so much sense for so many. Amazing that you don't see more in Denver.

Salida has it's morning bicycle rush hour. Ok, rush minute. :D
  9. Dysco

Dysco Diaper slinger

Oddometer:
    Funny- I was just thinking about that today. The school has Atlas cargo trikes at the printing departments. Think trike with a flatbed. Thought it'd beat the car when you had to take a load of boxes to the post office... but you probably don't need another bike.
  10. Hayduke

Oddometer:

I had my bike pretty loaded down this evening. :lol3 Those baskets carry alot. :deal

I've had a case of oil, a motorcycle tire, a box of filters and a bunch of tee shirts to mail on the bike before. I'm sure if this were southeast asia someone could carry a refrigerator on it.
  11. atokad

atokad wan⋅der⋅lust

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  12. codys

codys Lost in the Vizcaino

Oddometer:

I like the recycle guy who pedals around town with his 50 ft long trailer collecting recycle items. Don't we have a pedal taxi too?? Power to the pedaler. :thumb
  13. Dysco

Dysco Diaper slinger

Oddometer:
    Nice! I gotta get something worked out on mine. I have a big milk crate that should go on the rear rack easily. It's sad the trikes don't get used at the school. I'm never carrying enough between buildings to justify borrowing one.

They'd put 2 refrigerators on this thing:
    [​IMG]
  14. Hayduke

Oddometer:

I haven't seen the pedal taxi guy for awhile. :dunno
  15. Hayduke

Oddometer:

That's sweet. I have a friend in town that builds "chopper" bicycles. I would like to find a granny trike and have him make it into a chopper with a big basket on back. :lol3
  16. Gummee!

Gummee! That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer:
    @ Geek: How much more?

:ear

You SURE I need a new one? This-un ain't broke yet! (just slower'n molassas in Jan!)

M
  17. atokad

atokad wan⋅der⋅lust

Oddometer:
    I built myself a chopper bike when I was a kid. :D

If you've got some extra rope and a sissy bar I could probably build you one like it. :lol3

[​IMG]
  18. Milhaus

Milhaus Made in Denmark

Oddometer:
    I wonder why you don't see more of these in the USA??

[​IMG]
  19. Hayduke

Oddometer:

oooh that would be cool, too. But if I had one of those, Tami would want to put a chair in the front and make me pedal her to work. :nah
  20. Bonnie Abbzug

Bonnie Abbzug Property of Hayduke

Oddometer:

Ooooh, how cute would I look in that wearing my golden tiara :lol3 .