1. Livestream Today at 11AM PST / 2PM EST!
    Baldy Interviews + Noraly "Itchy Boots" from Youtube YouTube Live Chat here
    Dismiss Notice

Rockies regional randomness

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Geek, Sep 30, 2009.

1. nwcolorider

nwcolorider NWCOLO

Oddometer:
    And they were there a few weeks before and had to get rescued then also. That is some remote country and rough.
  2. MountainsandRivers

MountainsandRivers loves dirty things! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for helping him! I owe ya some beers!
    cidi likes this.
  3. Rossmoesis

Rossmoesis Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    No problem. Anytime!
    cidi likes this.
  4. MountainsandRivers

MountainsandRivers loves dirty things! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Its good we can all rally to help each other around here when needed!
    cidi and barko1 like this.
  5. Lomax

Lomax Nanu-Nanu Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am so confused with all the orders and this and that. Can I take a ride this weekend or not. :dunno I am not in Denver proper at least.
    Assfault likes this.
  6. motokeith

motokeith Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is the bottom line from the state order: "...may leave their Residences only to perform or utilize Necessary Activities"

If you leave your house for any purpose other than the "necessary activities" (essential workers, groceries, medical care, liquor, weed, guns, church, exercise, etc) outlined in the state order then you are in violation of that order. Now is going out on your moto any more or less "necessary" than some of the things on that approved list? Arguments can be made. The fact is that the chances of actually being stopped and ticketed by law enforcement is pretty slim. The issue I see is that if you are out on your moto and something bad happens you become a drain on medical responders and hospital resources at a time when that is really not good.
    cidi, James Adams and barko1 like this.
  7. cidi

cidi cidi Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's a statewide mandate so it really does not matter where you live. And yeah we can make arguments about what is necessary and what is good for our mental health, etc... but living in the high country our Emergency services are really worried about any assistance that they may need to give people in accidents. They are just as short on supplies as the hospitals, as they are waiting for the wave of infections to hit at any day. Our neighbor (sheriff) is getting ready to be deployed to assist in monitoring patients that are being hospitalized on cruise ships to free up beds in land based hospitals. That leaves one less LEO in the county that is seeing a large influx of alcohol & drug related domestic violence calls. So the less people on the road, the less chance for accidents or someone needing assistance. It's a risk based approach, except that in this risk equation you need to consider all other people, not just your own needs.
    BTW super windy, 32F degrees and some flakes starting to spin around my house... high tomorrow is forecast to be 28F... really not that awesome of riding weather at 10000 Ft.
  8. Lomax

Oddometer:
    Yes I could also fall in the tub in the morning and be a drain on medical responders. But I guess it is still all open to interpretation at this time. Taking a ride is more beneficial to my mental health than going out to buy a jug of wine or a pound of dope. :loco

Actually I HAVE hurt myself at home worse than on my motorcycle so to me it is more of a risk. BUT I am going to follow the spirit of the commie regulation. :lol3
  9. norton(kel)

norton(kel) He’s my President! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Know how you know when you’ve got to much stuff (motorcycles) in the garage? When you’ve got a motorcycle lift, floor jacks, huge workbenches, and you need to work on the rototiller in the driveway!:photog
  10. Assfault

Assfault Exposed Member Supporter

Oddometer:
    Carpe Diem!
    Ride this weekend, as next weekend may not be feasible.
    nwcolorider likes this.
  11. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    My driveway this morning :patch

[​IMG]
    SnowMule likes this.
  12. Assfault

Assfault Exposed Member Supporter

Oddometer:

44109FF6-89E5-4499-96D7-A5D7A41DA515.jpeg

Don’t feel bad. It’s been raining all night here. I'm gonna need an Ark to get out today.
    Geek likes this.
  13. Hondo

Hondo **********

Oddometer:

Geek and Assfault like this.
  14. MaParkerColo

MaParkerColo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Problem solved:

This

[​IMG]

Plus this

[​IMG]
    Geek likes this.
  15. atokad

atokad wan⋅der⋅lust

Oddometer:
    Use some bit coin and heat that sucker. I would hate having a driveway like that. I wish I could find some old pictures of the driveway at my parents house where I grew up. Not like this but it did face North to the open prairie in SoDak and had a small dip at the bottom. Can't tell you how many times we'd get our car off the road but no further up the driveway than that dip and it would get buried in drifts. :baldy Usually we found it by the radio antennae sticking our of the drift.
    Geek and Assfault like this.
  16. Pariahtize

Pariahtize Misrepresented

Oddometer:
    Eeww!! Is that Corona? I hope you have a respirator!
    Geek likes this.
  17. Lomax

Oddometer:
    The Crotch Rocketeers are sure burning up highway 36 this afternoon. Constant sound of high revving Yoshimura pipes. :lol3
    Assfault and SnowMule like this.
  18. haystack

haystack Just ride

Oddometer:
    Get outside. Take a look around. You might find treasure. What could go wrong?:dunno
  19. atokad

atokad wan⋅der⋅lust

Oddometer:
    I was burning up the neighborhood tonight too. So tempting when there is no one in sight for a couple of miles. I just have a stock pipe on the Aprilia, but it does have a pretty good bark to it if I am at high revs.
    Blakebird likes this.
  20. barko1

barko1 barko1 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Best pipes I ever had were expansion chambers on a Suzuki T500 Titan that was built to factory road race specs. The powerband was about 1200 rpm, the sound no doubt caused avalanches and this was in the cornfields of Illinois. Quick blast and then back into the shed.:ricky