Rocky Mountain Most Wanted

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Osprey!, Jul 22, 2012.

1. YOLO!

YOLO! Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi all!! Thought I’d start here before searching eBay to see if anyone is selling a rear 18” rim for a DR350.
    Thanks!
    DW
  2. nmalozzi

nmalozzi airheaded

Oddometer:
    This might be an odd request, BUT I trust inmates more than random folks from Craigslist (yea low bar, I know). So here it goes...

We have an AirBnB a couple of miles south of the top of Poncha Pass. We are looking for a few local house cleaners familiar with cleaning and turning over an AirBnB between guests. We'd like to get a few quotes on said work. So if you are, or know someone, in that area (Salida, Poncha Springs, BV, Villa Grove, etc) let me know! We're just looking for someone trustworthy and fair. Bonus points if said cleaner has some light repair/handy(wo)man/grounds-keeper skills.

Let me know, thanks!
    #1Fan likes this.
  3. johnclaude

johnclaude Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi ADVers, I'm looking for a stock WR450F exhaust that will fit a 2005 model. Currently have a FMF Q4 and it's just too loud. Anyone have a take-off laying around??
  4. #1Fan

#1Fan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My sister-in-law lives in Leadville and does this kind of work in the Minturn/Vail/Copper Mtn/Breck area. I'll ask her this weekend if she's interested. I'll see her this weekend.
  5. nmalozzi

nmalozzi airheaded

Oddometer:
    Thanks! That’d be quite a drive for her, but if she’s willing let me know.
    #1Fan likes this.
  6. bradrh

bradrh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anybody in the Salida area have an old motorcycle battery that I can borrow to use on a mower until the one that I ordered comes in? It doesn't need to be very good.
  7. Dusty_Bottoms

Dusty_Bottoms Adventurer Ordinaire

Oddometer:
    Gen 1 KLR650 front wheel needed

If you’ve got a straight one let me know what you want for it.
  8. ktmdoc

ktmdoc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a straight one with a 50% tire and good disc. How about $100
  9. sturg

sturg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in no rush but if anyone is letting a motorcycle lift table go before winter in the denver/boulder area please keep me in mind!
  10. Dusty_Bottoms

Dusty_Bottoms Adventurer Ordinaire

Oddometer:
    Thanks
    I’m in Fort Collins. Need to figure out when I can make it to Conifer.
    I’ll PM ya.
    Olde Phart likes this.
  11. TheDudeAbides

TheDudeAbides Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer:
    Anyone selling a running Honda CT90 or a Trail 70? I'm looking to buy one or both

Lemme know Thanks!
  12. Bama67

Bama67 Cooler in real life

Oddometer:
    Anyone here good with differentials and want to make some money? I want to re-gear my 2018 Super Duty, and 1996 Bronco.

I am pretty good mechanically; I never take my vehicles to a shop but I don't have to the tools or the experience to properly set up the gears.

I am young and can help you or just do the work myself with your guidance.

Failing that, any good shops you would recommend in Southern half of Colorado?
  13. _CJ

_CJ Retrogrouch

Oddometer:
    It's often cheaper ,easier, and faster to just swap the entire axle assy for a used one that has the gears you want, and sell off the old one. Check car-part.com to see what's available.
  14. Bama67

Bama67 Cooler in real life

Oddometer:
    There is nothing available for what I want. I am going to a 4.56 in my truck and 4.88 in the Bronco. I can get good gear sets for them, Revolution gears made by Circle K in Korea, for like $500 for front and rear. I will also be replacing the open carrier with Detroit TruTracs while I'm in there.
  15. mpatch

mpatch Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know my axle guy charges about $500-$750 per axle including quality gears.
    After watching him do one it looks easy but like anything after you’ve done a few thousand you should be able to do it in your sleep.
  16. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf High functioning sociopath

Oddometer:
    I did gears once in an old CJ-5.

Yes, once.
    Nailhead likes this.
  17. disgustipated

disgustipated gnardogshredripper

Oddometer:
  18. 309

309 Special Purpose

Oddometer:
    Any of you jerks got a Mototote, Versahaul or similar heavy duty hitch carrier you don’t want? I’m after one suitable for a 400+lb. street bike.

:ear
  19. Osprey!

Osprey! a.k.a. Opie Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anyone local have a aftermarket BMW R1200GSA saddle for sale? Sargeants, etc. 2005-2013 model.

Pm me.
  20. Lomax

Lomax Nanu-Nanu Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have another strange request of the front range elite ADV rider community. I need someone that would like a not too big project and make some money off of it.It involves cutting and welding metal. Auto Body experience would be nice but I don't think it is required. Without further adieu, I bought a 1960 Jeep CJ5 and need the driver fender well cut back so I can move the set back. It will involve cutting a piece out of the fender, cutting 4" off that piece and then welding it back in. Then filling the resulting hole with new metal.

If you have any interest here is a video of exactly what I need done.

I could probably do it but I don't have a brake, my welding skills are just OK, and it would take me months. :lol3