Rocky Mountain Rallye - 2015 - April 10, 11, 12

Discussion in 'Racing' started by pilo, Dec 18, 2014.

1. pilo

pilo Rhymes with below

Oddometer:
    We did this last year and it was a blast. We had a big group, everyone was safe and we rallye'd pretty hard. Frog took the top spot with Cross-Country a close second.

We have a number of vendors throwing in for some swag and I'd like to thank HDB, Deus, Redverz, MotoMinded, Konflict Motorsports and a few others for already offering some support. The list is likely to grow.

This is intended as a not for profit gift to the rally community. The spots are limited, the rallying is real, and you might be surprised at who shows up. The $50 described below will support the volunteer activities and what is not spent buying food and gas for the crew will be donated to USA-ALL (Utah shared access alliance) and hopefully buy some event numbers for everyone.

- April 10, 11, 12 - 2015 - 2.5 days of rallye starting mid day on Friday

- Rally format (distance and direction only, no GPS tracks) with a fixed Bivouac - not a race, but definitely not a tour.

- Lots of miles each day (~2 stages / day), not big bike pleasant - bring a big tank

- Required: 1) roadbook holder 2) adjustable odo 3) CAP/GPS for heading 4) SPOT with tracking on - no exceptions on the SPOT requirement 5) Signing a waiver

- $50 - I'd like everyone to throw in a little money to get some bike #'s for everyone and allow for some volunteer cash for food and gas. All left over cash will be donated to USA-ALL.ORG

- We're going to need volunteers, so bring a friend. I want to make this fun and safe and the volunteers are key to this. We have plenty of volunteer roles to be filled.

- We have some new Rally Blitz functions coming out and are going to need some testers at the event. Those that have RB will be able to use the new Waypoint functions coming out soon in RB 1.3. Super cool, Dakar style functions.

At some point in the future I'll send out a paypal address so we can collect the $$ and get everyone firmed up. For now just send me an PM with your name and email if you're in and let me know if you can bring a friend as a volunteer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. dieselcruiserhead

dieselcruiserhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    In, thanks Phil..

Likely James Jolly 705 is in too, just FYI...

thanks, Andre
  3. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Tempting!

:clap
  4. DaveRMS

DaveRMS Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd love the chance to do some rally riding in UT. Count me in!

Dave
  5. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    If you pay up, howfar in advance do you get the "no gps file, distance and direction only" info? How was the data collected?
  6. pilo

pilo Rhymes with below

Oddometer:
    GISKev - That's pretty funny...I was going to poach some of your tracks. I have a general sense for the stages, but don't have it specifically laid out yet.

The process before the rally is pretty basic. At a competitive rally they would issue rolls of roadbooks before each stage. This is a little different. A few days before the rally I'll send out PDF's of the stages and you'll begin the fun process of printing, cutting, taping and rolling. You won't know the starting point for the stages, but you also sort of commit not trying to figure them out ahead of time. That sort of defeats the funnest part about the rally.

As a side note, if you are running digitally, it's a simple as loading a file and riding...

The start for each stage is just like hte big events. Everyone lines up and bikes go at 1 minute intervals. Heartbeats race, dust clouds roll, fast guys go fast, bad navigators go off in all directions, and all mayhem breaks loose...in short it is a great time.

Bonus for any Utard that wants to help lay out and test a stage ahead of time. Anyone who has ever put one of these together understand it is not a small task. Fortunately I draw the line at using the French conventions...
  7. guymanbro

guymanbro da Vermonster

Oddometer:
    Just in time for my birthday, but I've got no rally bike right now. What's the minimum distance needed between fuel?
  8. Scotty Breauxman

Scotty Breauxman Baja Breaux

Oddometer:
    Sign Me Up. I'm In this time.
    Is it legal to use Rally Blitz:deal
  9. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Boooooo!

This is during the kids spring break and we already have plane tickets to MX.

Postpone by a week
  10. SHOREBILL

SHOREBILL Some Guy

Oddometer:
    and to think I saw this and thought, yp. :-)

Just need an odo and cap....hmmmmm
  11. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  12. dieselcruiserhead

dieselcruiserhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    In as well. Life should be less hectic by then and I would love to help put it together. The more of an excuse I can find to be down there the better...
  13. Konflict Motorsports

Konflict Motorsports TUNER

Oddometer:
    In!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Slickhorn

Slickhorn Professional Dirt Bag

Oddometer:
    Waiting to know if I'll be back from AK heli skiing season yet... Otherwise I'll be in
  15. cross-country

cross-country .

Oddometer:
    In! Can't wait!
  16. Wannabeeuro

Wannabeeuro Tuner chic

Oddometer:
    In! Sounds awesome...
  17. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    In. Yippie cay yay
  18. dzrtracin

dzrtracin ride'n 2 live Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sounds like good times. Working on the logistics for a REAL ktm rallye bike:freaky

RIDE ON!
  19. RenoMoto

RenoMoto Rally Navigator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great to hear - More opportunities for guys to check out roadbook navigation. I bet the Green River area has some sweet terrain to explore.

Thanks for organizing, I will do my best to attend. Will be a fantastic group of moto-dudes for sure!
  20. pilo

pilo Rhymes with below

Oddometer:
    Send me a PM with your name and email if you are in (those who have already done so, no need to repeat). I don't want to miss anyone.

We have quite the list growing...

Also, Klim has thrown in some goodies as well.