1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Rocky Mountain Rallye - 2015 - April 10, 11, 12

Discussion in 'Racing' started by pilo, Dec 18, 2014.

1. K_N_Fodder

K_N_Fodder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Drove through the night and just got out of a badly needed shower to sit down with a bagel and a coffee. It was an honor and a pleasure gents. Huge thanks to Al and Jason for hauling me down there and letting me snake tons of stuff I'd forgotten. Huge thanks to Phil and the entire RMR crew. Big thanks to Craig and Randy (I believe) for shepherding me in yesterday. It was fun being lost with you :) . How many actual finishers did we get? I'll bet it was "harder" than the Dakar :wink:

Edit: And thanks a ton to Mr. Carson for telling me about RMR in the first place!
  2. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    Had a great weekend hanging out and getting lost with you all. Big ups for Phil, Ryan and all the other volunteers who made this amazing thing possible!

Here are my pictures in no particular order.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. cross-country

cross-country .

Oddometer:
    Thanks Phil, Andre, Chris, Ryan and all the other volunteers!

This was an awesome event! I had and absolute blast. Great roadbooks, great scenery, great terrain, great people. The live music wasn't to bad either. :freaky
  4. Scotty Breauxman

Scotty Breauxman Baja Breaux

Oddometer:
    Much respect to the team for building true and accurate roadbooks, no easy task. I was blown away by the beauty out there and will be returning to finish some important business. It takes a lot of effort to do this event and I want to thoroughly congratulate Phil and the entire crew for giving this gift. Thats what I will call it: a gift.

Thank You Very Much.

PS Max Eddy Jr (current SCORE 1x plate holder) ran his first ever rally stages Friday and Sat and he is a natural talent who is destined for success in this new (to him) discipline.
  5. theantipaul

theantipaul Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer:
    I can't agree more with everything said, I had a blast.

Thanks to Phil for getting it all going and bringing in all the great folks like Ryan and his crew to organize and keep tabs on all of us, it was a true pleasure. So many to thank, Chris and Andre as well as Phil for the great roadbooks, Tony and Drew for watching my back and the sweepers Tim, Alan and Owen. There were many volunteers I didn't get to meet, but thanks to you all, you made it happen. It was also great to put some names with faces.

I think I took full advantage of testing the services provided and I'm here to tell you they all worked.

Special Thanks to the Doc's, Craig and Randy, who hadn't even had time to get their rig setup before I rolled in and they jumped into action, I owe you guys big, my weekend would have ended before it even started.

[​IMG]

Then to Ryan who rolled up when my bike died 5m from camp on Saturday and told me they had been tracking me, to Matt and Yogi for hauling my ass in.

Can't wait for the next one, just need to get way ahead of the curve on these things.
  6. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ouch, did your handguard get ya?
  7. theantipaul

theantipaul Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer:
    Honestly it's possible it that landed on my hand, went down pretty fast and I really couldn't say exactly what happened. Picked the bike up and got going again til I felt a little wetness then looked over at a dripping red glove. Stopped, taped it up and headed back to the bivy.

I'm sure the doc's put in a couple of extra stitches so I could ride Saturday. They were great guys!
  8. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's a FLESH wound :eek1!!!!!!!
    Get to the shop !!!!!!!
  9. dieselcruiserhead

dieselcruiserhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    thank you guys all so much for a wonderful time. I had soo much fun and a great world class weekend. I love seeing the photos! I'll pull mine off shortly (the limited ones I have) and hopefully get them posted too. I'm loving the photos and activity over on Facebook too...! https://www.facebook.com/groups/430387917097094/
  10. YOGOI

YOGOI Prick

Oddometer:
    Thanks Phil, Definitely goes down as one of my favorite trips to the desert!!!

[​IMG]

I really slacked off on the photo's. Thats the only one I took. :lol3

I cant thank every one enough for all the work that went into make'n this happen, AND all the people that helped me on the rallye days. I think every single person probably helped me in some sort of way during the rallye. Small camping supplies, tape, buy'n me fuel (when I forgot to carry my wallet), give'n me their extra road book (when I forgot to bring my second half) :eek1:clap. Hang'n out so I could follow en back to base (when my roadbook mount broke beyond prepare), all the assistance in fix'n the roadbook mount (drill'n, wire'n, solder'n), and of coarse all the interesting meet-ups on the trail, and help figuring out which way to go. :deal:freaky.

I'd really like to give a special thanks to the organizing crew for all the time they donated to make this rallye happen. It really really is something special when people give their personal time to benefit other's. And it boggles my mind to think about the amount time that went into the whole event. Absolutely AMAZING!!!!!

Thank You all, Ken.
  11. Bicycle Phil

Bicycle Phil Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Phil!!!
    Kudos to the support crew :clap
    You all put in a great effort to put on a fun event!

Thanks Alex/Konflict for help in the bivouac with my bike.

A great weekend of rally route riding in Utah was had by all. The terrain was endlessly awesome and varied: washes, some slab, some dunes, ST, etc.
    I had a blast :clap
  12. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Time to get that bike flipped for the Cortez Rally.

:deal
  13. cross-country

cross-country .

Oddometer:

Monte had a similar issue with that spot last year. Gnarly!

[​IMG]
  14. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ha that is funny, I was too tired to try the line to the right. The off camber sketched me out that late in the day.
  15. Bicycle Phil

Bicycle Phil Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Workin' on it!
  16. Luke

Luke GPoET&P

Oddometer:
    What a great event! Thanks so much to Phil for making it happen, Ryan and the sweep crew for looking out for us, and Andre for Saturday's route. I don't know who gets credit for Friday and Sunday's routes, but they were great too.

I took a couple of pictures on Sunday:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Friday:
    [​IMG]

And of course, the* screenshot of shame:

[​IMG]

*Ok, fine, one of the screenshots of shame. :lol3
  17. RenoMoto

RenoMoto Rally Navigator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rocky Mountain Rally Rocked!

Thanks to Phil, Chris, Ryan, Andre and all Volunteers for putting together a great Rally!

Fantastic, challenging routes - early start times - "unofficial timekeeping" (wink!) - that's the real deal!

We are fortunate to have fellow inmates who create events like this. The ADV community is strong!

Loved it.

(Holy cow, I'm throwing down exclamation points like Baja Dad!!!!!!!!!!)
  18. YOGOI

YOGOI Prick

Oddometer:
    :clap Nice job "bring'n it home" on the 690. That was one spot were I was happy to be on the 250 2 stroker. I'm due for a new top end after the long strait-o-ways however. I bet you were all :D on some of the fast sections.
  19. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    You too man! we were definitely at opposite ends of the barely suited bike spectrum. :lol3

The 690 wasn't that bad it the tech but it was super nice being able to stretch it's legs. That ten mile wash where the dirt was wet was an absolute blast with 60hp.
  20. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    :lol3:lol3:lol3 thats some sig line right there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!