1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Rocky Mountain Rallye - 2015 - April 10, 11, 12

Discussion in 'Racing' started by pilo, Dec 18, 2014.

1. rides2little

rides2little Braaaaaap Supporter

Oddometer:
    What is the maximum fuel range for people that were at the event? I saw quite a few large 4+ gallon tanks but am wondering if most could make a 150 mile leg before refueling. Just thinking out loud here. Thinking of new routes down in that area already. It is a sickness......

Let's see what others come up with for routes down there and share some of them. If you have a gpx file you would like to share pm me and I can see about making that into a road book to share.

Chris
  2. fano

fano here and there

Oddometer:
    Haha, with my 6.7 gal tanker I could probably swing 200+ miles but not sure how enjoyable first hundred miles would be. :D
  3. cross-country

cross-country .

Oddometer:
    On my bike (450 KTM FI w/ 3.2gal) my comfortable range is 120-130mi, less in Friday's conditions.
  4. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    Normal fuel range for me is about 130 miles but on Sunday in the dunes, my low fuel light came on at 70. I bummed gas off some people on quads to be safe getting the requisite 90. Had I made less nav errors in that section I would have been okay. I might have been okay regardless but it was close.
  5. rides2little

Oddometer:
    I was thinking more along the lines of Saturday's stage. Gas other than Green River is the issue.......
  6. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    It creates a logistic complication but what about sending cans out with one of the support trucks?
  7. YOGOI

YOGOI Prick

Oddometer:
    I like that.
  8. rides2little

Oddometer:
    Ryan would be charging a premium for a gallon! Like buying gas on Lake Powell. Maybe start a bidding war.
  9. pilo

pilo Rhymes with below

Oddometer:
    A fuel stop would be nice for the riders, but in the spirit of a rally, figuring out fuel is part of the challenge!
  10. pilo

pilo Rhymes with below

Oddometer:
    A little more to come, but until that post...

Final Results.

5 Finished out the original 37.

Frog took the overall for the riders using waypoints (waypoints checked with RallyBlitz) with a total time of 18:08

RenoMoto took the overall for the non RallyBlitz crowd with a total time of 17:42.

YOGOI took the fast time on Sunday with a 8:16

cross-country set the blazing times on Fri and Sat but had a mechanical that prevented him from riding on Sun

VxZeroKnots wins the superhero award for being one of the 5 finishers on a bike that was easily 50 pounds heavier than anyone else’s (probably 100 more than Ken's 2 stroke).

fano motored on to be the last of the 5 tough guys to make it through.

Nice work guys.

[​IMG]
  11. pilo

pilo Rhymes with below

Oddometer:
    This could not have happened without the generous help from so many people. For sure I'm going to forget some of them, so remind me if I messed up.

A big shout out to Ryan for running operations so incredibly well and making sure the watchful eye of safety was hovering above. He's been monitoring this thread and though he doesn't have an ADV login, he wanted me to let everyone know that the thanks don't go unnoticed and your sincere thanks is the best payment.

I'm not going to list all of the volunteers here since I don't have everyone's ADV names, but please know that I and all of the riders appreciated everyone's time and commitment to helping and having a good time. THANK YOU!

Thanks also to the many companies that gave us swag for everyone to share or helped us out on some of the costs. The weekend was safe and fun with the help of these companies. Please support them.

Klim, Highwaydirtbikes, Deus, Warp9, Redverz, GatosBros, Andy Fisher Designs, DMA.Marketing, Davis Group, Konflict Motorsports, MotoMinded, Volocore

Finally thanks to everyone for coming out and having a safe a fun time. The surprise flag with everyone's signatures is amazing and already found the perfect home.

Thanks,
    -Phil

[​IMG]
  12. cross-country

cross-country .

Oddometer:
    Thanks Phil and everyone involved.

Congrats to the 5 that kept it together for whole Rally!

Fantastic event and great people!:clap
  13. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am so bummed that I could not be there!!
    Looks like you guys had a BLAST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next year !!:evil
  14. fano

fano here and there

Oddometer:
    I definitely got my money worth. 21 hours on the bike in 3 day weekend. :lol3 Thanks to every one for putting this on.
  15. dieselcruiserhead

dieselcruiserhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Super psyched and thank you guys and Phil. Sorry I've been off the radar just busy as hell at work getting caught up. I have some photos too I'm excited to post. I love the other photos... Also for those not on facebook the group has been realy active with tons of great photos and info: https://www.facebook.com/groups/430387917097094/

I also just wanted to say huge props to Frank / Fano. Rode and completed the entire event with a sprainted thumb from the first day. Literally could not grip the left grip and this is in this incredibly difficult terrain. My arms are still recovering from finding myself gripping too hard on the other side of the fence...

This is in addition to the other super tough guys -- AntiPaul, Kevin Muggleton rode 140 miles post dislocated arm in Kane wash. Incredible... Also where I took my huge ass digger with a faceful of dust. And I hit a tree off the single track, lol...

What an incredible weekend and experience again, thank you all so much... Psyched to see the pics - I hope they come out...
  16. YOGOI

YOGOI Prick

Oddometer:
    :freaky:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:freaky
  17. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    Fall ?? :evil
  18. rides2little

Oddometer:
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread but didn't know where else to put it, and it is sort of related still.

So on the last day of the Rally I managed to do this to my shoulder. This x-ray is actually from a week ago, not when I broke it. They say it is mostly healed but it doesn't look like it is to me! Just have to take their word for it.

[​IMG]
    Was pretty sure it was a rotator cuff type deal when it happened but turns out I broke the end of my shoulder bone. Wasn't even a crash, just an abrupt stop in the sand when I thought I was going up a dune but went in instead. All the force was on my arms and knees to keep from impaling my junk on the nav tower and gear. Finally able to get back riding this last weekend for the first time, 3 months to the day actually. Not necessarily DR approved but he didn't say I couldn't ride, so I rode. Still a bit weak and I lost all my moto mojo I had built up this winter/spring until I can rack up the miles again.

Anyway, not looking for sympathy or condolences :lol3 just looking for some roadbooks that anyone is willing to share. I need to get my navigation on in the next few months while putting on the miles. I am looking for any roadbook anyone is willing to share. I have a few in Rally Navigator that I am also willing to share and am always working on a few new ones.

One last thing, Phil perhaps has this answer, whatever became of the photos from Saturday that were being taken out along the road headed back south after the Woodside section?

Let's do it again!!!!!
  19. Luke

Luke GPoET&P

Oddometer:
    3 months of no riding? You have my sympathy whether you want it or not :)

I just put together a set of roadbooks for a 1000 mile loop in mid-Idaho. It didn't occur to me to make the public since I haven't ridden the route at all (or anywhere in idaho, for that matter). If you want them I can share them, or you could wait two weeks and I'll know they are any good. :D
  20. rides2little

Oddometer:
    I know, right? My wife was ready for me to ride again as I was a grumpy f**k lately! Especially with friends sending videos and pic of riding in Sun Valley a few weeks ago. Some friends. . I will wait a few weeks for you vett the route and then see what portions work out for me to do. Thanks.