Rocky Mountain Rallye - 2015 - April 10, 11, 12

Discussion in 'Racing' started by pilo, Dec 18, 2014.

1. pilo

pilo Rhymes with below

Oddometer:
    Scotty - Ha - yes RallyBlitz is legal...heck those without will be at a disadvantage since we'll be utilizing the new WayPoint functions (Dakar ERTF functionality). Get your iphone on!

[​IMG]

Guymanbro - I don't know gas specifically, but I'd plan on being able to do 120 miles +. I've been known to carry two AZ Ice Tea 1 gal containers on my waist pack...they work beautifully by the way.

[​IMG]

DCH - We'll need to get the stages planned out pretty soon. I've got the lead on it. I'll be asking for help as needed.

One more part of very important information we learned from last year's event. For those of you who have never ridden a roadbook before (nor used navigation equipment) it is imperative that you get your setup built early and spend some time behind the bars getting used to the setup AND testing to make sure it doesn't fall apart (we had a few issues from non-tested setups last year). This event is not the time to make sure everything works and to be figuring it all out for the first time.

1) Get your setup built soon.
    2) Go to RenoMoto's website and a) read this overview Here then b) sign up for the free access and build a route around your house or riding area. Get your head around what is actually going on.
    3) Go Testing!
    4) Friday night we'll have a riders meeting and go over some tips and gotchas...We'll have a few Dakar veterans who might share a story or two...
  2. Farioli

Farioli "just do it"

Oddometer:
    On the calendar!:deal

Thank you!
  3. cross-country

cross-country .

Oddometer:
    Are you talking masked and eclipsed waypoints? That would be huge!
  4. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    fack. HOw do I get my ass a billion miles from here for a million years, in a few months :cry
  5. guymanbro

guymanbro da Vermonster

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  6. pilo

pilo Rhymes with below

Oddometer:
    Tony - Yes
  7. cross-country

cross-country .

Oddometer:
    Awesome. Even more excited now!
  8. rides2little

rides2little Braaaaaap Supporter

Oddometer:

This just keeps getting better and better!!! Is it April yet? :1drink
  9. theantipaul

theantipaul Reforming Neandertal Supporter

Oddometer:
    Short of totaling another truck, I plan on being there for this one too. Have some new concepts to finish up and bring out.

Damn Phil, I love this feature!

This is great advice,

Thanks again Phil for putting this all together, looking forward to it!
  10. dieselcruiserhead

dieselcruiserhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    There is a sale on Spot Trackers for the next 2 weeks for anyone who doesn't have one yet. It's required as part of the rally.

https://www.facebook.com/spotmessenger?fref=nf

I'm trying to figure out if I should upgrade to a connect and use the app to check in for my wife or just continue with my tracker. That text feature sure is handy...
  11. guymanbro

guymanbro da Vermonster

Oddometer:
    Only issue I have with the Connect is that then I have two devices with batteries that must BOTH be operational for the system to work. My cell phone battery drains pretty quickly with a Bluetooth pairing. The Delorme InReach does tracking and messaging as a standalone unit though it is twice the price (or 4 times if you get the 50% off of the Spot unit).
  12. pfb

pfb Riding, not skiing.

Oddometer:
    Evidently, I'm IN. Thanks shorebill...:rofl
  13. dieselcruiserhead

dieselcruiserhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll be using rally blitz so a bluetooth enabled phone will be attached to my bike and plugged in. The issue is if you were to fall off the bike, and then I'd either have my personal phone in my pocket and would want to connect it to bluetooth... Not sure if its a good idea but something worth of consideration...

thanks, Andre
  14. beernutt

beernutt This space for rent

Oddometer:
    Phil, if there's still room I'd like to join. Somebody has to take Tony to the hospital...

Thanks
    Alan
  15. cross-country

cross-country .

Oddometer:
    :lol3
    I'm glad you're so confident in my Navigational abilities to assume that I would be on course when I crash.
  16. pilo

pilo Rhymes with below

Oddometer:
    The good news: we have a full list of committed riders and a long list of tentatives...if you have not sent me a PM or an email soon please do so. I may have to cut things off soon. I've replied to everyone that sent something, so if you haven't heard back from me, you're not on the list. So far we have ID, WA, CA, NV, AZ, CO, WY and Canada represented...

The bad news: We need more volunteers. I'm not so worried about it now since we'll have more jump in as we get closer, but please reach out to some friends and see if they want to come out for the weekend. We'll need some more manpower to manage the weekend.
  17. theantipaul

Oddometer:
    Getting closer, for our "recreational", "fundamentally" flawed, "trail ride". :lol3

If it wasn't so cold, I'd go for a ride.

[​IMG]
  18. pfb

pfb Riding, not skiing.

Oddometer:
    Great work Paul! I am definitely in for an ipad mini/iphone setup once finished...
  19. cross-country

cross-country .

Oddometer:
    Why bother with an RB, this isn't an FIM sanctioned event!?:huh

Looks killer Paul
  20. theantipaul

Oddometer:

Nah, they're not "real" RB's, last year's RB's were created online out of the ether, then pre-ran, edited, pre-ran again and edited again, to let's see ... Um....."accurately assess the terrain, and any potential hazards - side slopes, surface conditions, wash-outs", .....you know, that magic shit.

But seeing how they were not properly created during the renaissance with antiquities on papyrus, they they would "never" be trusted by true "Professionals".

Or so I heard, Um ...fundamentally speaking of course.

Paul, I'll be starting a thread in vendors when I have them ready. Thanks.