Rocky Mountain Rallye - 2015 - April 10, 11, 12

Discussion in 'Racing' started by pilo, Dec 18, 2014.

1. theantipaul

theantipaul Reforming Neandertal Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Greg, how you been? I'll have an F2R setup w/RB bracket and either an ICO or iPhone case that I was planning on bring to lend out too, like I said the ICO will need a cable though.

It'll be good to see you!
  2. Goofy Footer

Goofy Footer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Phil, check your Yahoo - I sent you an email about hopefully volunteering for the Rally!

I'm sure this will be a kick a** event
    :dllama
  3. cross-country

cross-country .

Oddometer:
    I have a couple spare ICO cables I can loan out.
    I may have some spare RB holders and ICOs I can lend. I should keep one set on hand for the Mola's use though. They will surely destroy at least one of everything by the end of the first stage.:lol3
  4. rides2little

rides2little Braaaaaap Supporter

Oddometer:
    Frog and other Utah locals, The BYU museum of art had a few mini's for sale for ~$175, no tax. They had used them for tour info in a specific exhibit but have been wiped and seemed in good shape when I snagged mine a few weeks ago. Easy parking and they were in the gift shop, just inside and to the right.

Can't wait for this event and to try the new updated iPhone app this weekend!
  5. Greg@RME

Greg@RME Weekend Adventurer

Oddometer:
    PM on the way, I do have the SPOT and a 4 gallon tank for my KTM 250 XCFW... just need to get the roadbook sorted. Thanks for all the info & tips on the roadbook, I was looking at a manual F2R but I think you're totally right... safe is good. :D

Digital roadbooks interest me... but I understand your point about them still being unproven.

Appreciate the offer and support Dave, we'll see what I can make happen.

Hey Paul! Long time no see... it'll be fun to ride w/ you again if it all works out! I have a different bike, need to order me another pair of HDB handguards for it. :lol3
  6. Jolly705

Jolly705 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I will borrow anything I can get my hands on :lol3

7. pilo

pilo Rhymes with below

Oddometer:
    Someone with some skills work me up a simple logo for the event that we can include on the printed numbers...I'd even be pleased to hand over the whole number background design to someone if that was someone who wanted to stretch their creative skills and get something cool on ~50 bikes...
  8. radridesit

radridesit n00b

Oddometer:
    Please put me on the list if its still open. I'm with Tony, Joel, Craig. Ill get your email from them
  9. OLDBEN

OLDBEN Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, this is Wyoming Al. I rode the all black Berg last year. Been working on getting my bike sorted, and would appreciate some tire advice. What are you locals using?
  10. rides2little

rides2little Braaaaaap Supporter

Oddometer:
    Round black ones!!! :rofl Are you going to ask which oil next? :evil J/K

Personally I have been using Pirelli MT 43 at 10-12psi for the rear and a Bridgestone M403 Intermediate Terrain for the front. I get about a 1000 miles riding the rear in the desert and they aren't that expensive either. People say they suck in the sand but I don't have a problem with them as they have a pretty wide contact patch and are very predictable. Steep downhill braking on loose stuff is about the only place I have had any issue. They are DOT to boot. The M403 has been a good all around tire for me. These are on a 500 XC W by the way
  11. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dunlop mx71 and 739. 739 is discontinued and replaced by at81. Haven't tried the at81.
  12. Jolly705

Jolly705 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The connect has really bad reviews online.
  13. OLDBEN

OLDBEN Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ha ha, I'm good on oil, but can't decide what color grips to get. I've run the MT 43 on my race bike for a couple years, but never on my DS bike. Always worried i would burn it up on the 15 miles of pavement on the way to dirt. The 606's I ran last year were sketchy in the sand!

I vote "yes" for the 270mi stage. It would be smart to have a 'cutoff' time. We've had snow on the ground for the last 3 months. Thinking about the rally is keeping me sane. Can't wait!!!
  14. Wannabeeuro

Wannabeeuro Tuner chic

Oddometer:
    Is that you?

15. cross-country

cross-country .

Oddometer:
    Not Mason. The other guy.
  16. .fisher

.fisher pissin' in the wind

Oddometer:
    Can't make it to the rallye, but definitely interested in helping out. PM'd ya.
  17. K_N_Fodder

K_N_Fodder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Folks -

Just found this and my stomach is all tied up in knots and my brain is spinning. Very distracted from work. Gotta assess the nav buildout, but I do have a quick question if anybody would have a SPOT available to borrow, if that's even possible. I carry a ResQLink PLB and an APRS enabled 2m HAM radio, so I really can't justify purchasing another piece of rescue gear.

Thanks for your time,

Justin
    Ten Sleep, WY
  18. dieselcruiserhead

dieselcruiserhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    There are some super cheap ones that are only $50 or so. And then it's only $8 a month... My vote is to just get one unfortunately but maybe another rider buddy might have one they aren't using. You'll just have to configure the front and back ends to make sure all the notifications are correct. Stuff you'll have to do if you get a new one anyway I suppose...

good luck w it
  19. dieselcruiserhead

dieselcruiserhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    PS same here... Probably like quite a few of us!

Here is my bracket setup just barely starting to come together. One of the many many projects I have going right now but so much fun and the one I'm putting the most thought and energy into. Good news is I can get it on and off the bike in maybe 10 minutes max. All the harnesses are plug and play, stuff from the rally bracket thread. I'll post up there as I start having it closer to final...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This has been modified a lot since this photo / this was more for mockup...

Pretty psyched as I just got the tig welder to build this up a couple days ago. Even though I'm not buying his stuff (mostly because I wanted the thrill of the build) Paul from Highway Dirtbikes has been just awesome and I am using some of his stuff. Really really says something about him...

So that is the good turn key solution if you want an actual rally bracket seutp. And hard to beat the price of course... I know that a lot of guys will be using his stuff for the weekend..
  20. OLDBEN

OLDBEN Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Justin, I have an extra spot you could borrow. I'm in Sheridan. I've been meaning to contact you about a rally idea here in the Big Horns. My name is Al Mason (307)752-1187. Talk to you soon