ROK Straps....and now ROK Dog Leashes!!!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Moto-Kafe, Mar 5, 2014.

1. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    ToySldr- Are you sure those are Rok Straps? I'm not CSI, but they do not look like Rok Straps to me. Never seen a white one and they look very thin. If that is how they were labeled, where did you buy them?

Rok Straps are not a generic fabric strap. They are a particular brand of strap this vendor is offering and include a section of elastic.

These are what Rok Straps look like:
    [​IMG]
  2. ToySldr

ToySldr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is a better pic of it, along with the other straps I picked up online: Of course there is a chance that they were counterfeit, but I don't know for sure.
    IMG_20160516_083613.jpg IMG_20160516_083621.jpg IMG_20160516_083638.jpg IMG_20160516_083655.jpg
  3. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  4. Moto-Kafe

Moto-Kafe Gnarly Entre-manure Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hmmmmm........the first two pics do look like their "tactical color" scheme. I am going to send the pics to my ROK Supplier to see what he says. If he thinks they are indeed ROK Originals, I'll send you a replacement set free of charge (but will be a different color.......I don't stock those). I assume the last two pics are other straps you have, and you are sure they are ROK Straps?? (if not, PM me) Stay tuned.......
    mark444
  5. ToySldr

ToySldr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I appreciate you researching this for me. No need to send a set. It was the tactical line, there were a pair that ripped. I will just know to not purchase that model again. After a short period they just deteriorated and I would feel fiber from the material just come off in my hand, like fiberglass fibers. They both eventually just ripped in half. The tan matches the olive green on my bike. =)
  6. ER70S-2

ER70S-2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  7. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    Yup. This is a great vendor with awesome customer service! Wish there were more like you! :clap
    I have had some of your SOKz for a couple of seasons and they are great (and show NO wear); Rok Straps also don't seem to wear out. Would love to buy more stuff from you but you have a limited inventory and the stuff I already have just lasts!
    ToySldr likes this.
  8. atwater1

atwater1 perpetually lost.

Oddometer:
    Just received my Rok straps. Great shipping and a great price!

Couldn't be happier! :clap

atwater1
  9. xit109

xit109 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Same here. Great stuff. Quick turn around. Thanks for the Straps!
  10. ToySldr

ToySldr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just curious, was there any feedback on this from the distributor?
    Laconic likes this.
  11. RetiredandRiding

RetiredandRiding Retired to Ride Supporter

Oddometer:
    Of the 4 photos in post #44 above, all look intact. The straps in post #42 are different and don't look at all like any of the other photos or of the 6 pair of ROK straps that I have. ROK shouldn't replace straps they didn't make.
  12. Moto-Kafe

Oddometer:
    Yes Toy..........sorry, I thought I PM'd or emailed you what ROK said. Let me go back and find the past emails I had with ROK, and forward them to you in a PM. I believe they said they would replace them free, if they were indeed ROK products. Might take me a day to dig the emails up....stay tuned.

UPDATE 6/28 : PM sent, Toy, with my correspondence with ROK. I will send you a replacement set (need your addy).....or give em to a Riding Buddy (along with my Biz Card :lol3 ).
    mark444
    phreakingeek and ToySldr like this.
  13. ToySldr

ToySldr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I'll check my PM's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  14. X5-

X5- Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are you by chance going to have a booth at the Sturgis Rally? If not I will pm you with what I am interested in.
    Thanks,
    Todd
  15. rd400racer

rd400racer Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just had to share a pic of your straps securing two 30 packs of Yuengling as I'm traversing the backroads of West Virginia. I never had a lick of concern that I would lose my load. They are amazing straps!

[​IMG]
  16. Moto-Kafe

Oddometer:
    No, sorry Todd. I am at The Barber Vintage Festival every year in October tho..........an amazing Vintage event if you have never attended!!!

RD400.........."Precious Cargo" you got there!!! You need a sticker that says "2 Babies on Board"......... :lol3
    rd400racer likes this.
  17. Sitheach86

Sitheach86 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've used Rok straps forever and couldn't be more pleased. I don't own a car and you wouldn't believe how much shit I can strap to my bike with these things.

I've also used them to keep tubes together during white water rafting so the kids can't be separated from us. Never had one break yet and these were being tortured in the rough water sections!
  18. PDXdualsport

PDXdualsport Ride on

Oddometer:
    Just received my Rok straps. Quick shipping and the best prices around!
  19. yellow zebra

yellow zebra Flying Brick

Oddometer:
    yes, we are 3 years into selling ROK straps here in Sunny South Africa (with some harsh conditions thrown in, but no snow!), and I too have never seen the 'tactical' colour, either?

No matter - we have never (yet) had a product return, and we guess we sell around 250 - 300 sets per year, so we are seriously impressed with their quality.
    Chris
  20. Glenn247

Glenn247 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    PM sent and quick, detailed reply received. Solid customer service before the sale. Based on the feedback in this thread, I expected no less.