Roll Call - Aprilia Caponord 1200 North America Owners

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Colorado Bryee, Jun 19, 2014.

1. atokad

atokad wan⋅der⋅lust

Oddometer:
    I have a top heavy Triumph Tiger 955i and am 6'3", 240. It's a great and comfortable bike that I can barely flat foot unless I really stand straight up and compress the suspension some. I've sat on the KTM, it's tall like the Tiger. Capo is much lower CG and balanced better than either of the other two. KTMs are great, but for your limitation with your leg pain, I think you are better suited for the Capo and will not be disappointed. I can easily flat foot the Capo. The side stand makes it a challenge to park and pull upright once you are on it so I added the center stand. Easiest bike ever to lift onto the CS. I think because it is a very short CS and the bike is quite low to the ground compared to the others. You can see here how high my Tiger is off the ground and just look at the Capo CS and the Tiger CS and you can see how much taller the Tiger CS itself it.
    20170728_162653.jpg
  2. jwdub

jwdub Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I see a Tiger and a Ducati - Where's the Capo?
  3. atokad

atokad wan⋅der⋅lust

Oddometer:
    The yellow one in the post before the Duc and Tiger post.
  4. satz

satz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, well crap happens. My Physio and PCP thought a Spinal Injection will help me resolve this little bit of pain and weakness. Well a week after the injection i came down hard and going in for a microdisekomy on monday. This time i went to a dean of surgery at harvard medical college in boston a proper neurologist. So i am a few months from picking up a ride. I do like the Capo but they are so hard to find now. going to wait till april and just get what is available. The capo as per all review is soft but that might be what i need now. if i need to go fast i will do my usual 6 to 7 tracks a year on a more dedicated track bike. If i cannot find a Capo the 950 S ducati with skyhook is my other choice.
  5. atokad

atokad wan⋅der⋅lust

Oddometer:
    Good luck with the micro surgery. That is pretty easy recover and gets good outcomes for most people.

Capo is soft? I assume that meant too slow for you based on your comment? Haha, yeah it ain't no MultiStrada. I sold that white Multi because it was too fast and wild, a track bike on the street and I am a speed freak (not a knee dragger though) and was going to lose my license. For some reason my speedo seemed to be broke, it always read 112 mph. :augie I think I might get another one someday when the prices drop enough on those that I don't have a $10k "extra" bike in the garage, cause the Tiger isn't going anywhere. My 2nd bike budget is usually $7k or less so if I can find something that works in that budget, I will buy it and try it and if I don't like it, I don't have too much money at stake. So far everything I have had on my Buy-n-Try plan I have only kept a year and then sold it with only a couple hundred bucks loss.

Capo is fast enough for me and yes, they are very hard to find. There have been a few pop up on Cycle Trader at great prices. The Travel Packs seem to be more abundant and cheaper but I didn't like the looks of the geometry with that 17" front wheel. I looked at this yellow rally I bought 3x over 15 months and waited the guy out until the price was right.

Good luck!
  6. satz

satz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Similar logic but one for street and one for track. i sold my fjr1300 street and carb sv650 track bike in July. Really they both sold in 24 hr on being listed . So i am thinking Capo for street - soft as in all the You tube reviews say its smooth and is not a track bike on the street and a great touring rig. For the track i might get another fuel injected sv650 or some naked bike or even a 300 . I ride in the intermediate on the track and really have no intention to get more faster. Seems the crashes in high speed are scary on the track. I like track days but extreme speed of acceleration and braking.

Did not realize the rally had different wheels. also from my research it also had better FI
  7. atokad

atokad wan⋅der⋅lust

Oddometer:
    Rally model only has 19" frt wheel, produced in 16,17,18. Disc in '19. Travel Pack model set up has 17" frt wheel and was produced, I think, in 13,14,15. Different bag set up on the 2 models as well.

Much different geometry, handling and wheelbase than a Duc MS. The industry likes to say it's Aprilia's answer to the MS but I disagree. Totally different handling bikes. Yes they're both Italian v twins but the similarly ends there if you ask me.
  8. Matt fe2o3

Matt fe2o3 I think.

Oddometer:
    JW, that shorter sidestand pay dividends :lol3:lol3:lol3

https://advrider.com/f/threads/jo-m...-stumblefucks.1200147/page-4284#post-38762432

:lol3:lol3:lol3
  9. jwdub

jwdub Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the funny link! Reminds me of pulling into a Costco parking lot, deploying the side stand on my Tenere' with my foot while on the bike -- can't see the side stand from that position and as I was starting to perform my dismount --- yes the side stand retracted and down it went. No damage due to a set of Givi crash bars -- and an observer of my mistake came over to help pick it back up. Needless to say, I've changed my technique.
  10. Leebo

Leebo Been here awhile

Oddometer:

SATZ
    I live in NH and if you are looking for a capo and want to try one out let me know. I have had mine for going on 4 years. I am about 40 minutes west of nashua. I also do track days ... crash at NYST last year limited my time in 2019.
  11. satz

satz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, i am a few months from riding as its winter and also i am still not strong on my leg post surgery to hold a bike yet. I have to see the outcome of how stronge i feel before getting a bigger bike. I might get a smaller light weight dual sport for a year if i do not feel confident .

thanks for the offer. With the adv sales it strange that the rally is not imported anymore.

satz
  12. Leebo

Leebo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was thinking about jumping on the bike when i left work at 1 in Andover.. it was close to 50.. get to my part of NH and it was 38, and a lot of sand still on the road.. days like to day i miss my old KLR
    Any time you want to meet and look and maybe ride is cool.
  13. atokad

atokad wan⋅der⋅lust

Oddometer:
    Capo_Tiger.jpg Current stable.

Tiger_Capo.jpg
    srelegante likes this.
  14. Leebo

Leebo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice..love those tigers.. i had the sprint with the 955 engine.
  15. srelegante

srelegante srelegante Supporter

Oddometer:
    What Leebo said-great stable! I had the 955 Tiger-what a fantastic bike. Sweet Capo also!
  16. ColdForged

ColdForged Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Caponord spotted, colmar beer stop rt 309 PA 11:45am. Are you on advrider?!
  17. Leebo

Leebo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Guys , did 270 miles today and have realized the pegs are to high on this bike. Has anyone lowered the pegs a bit?
  18. atokad

atokad wan⋅der⋅lust

Oddometer:
    Take the rubber pads off, there's not much concern for vibration anyway.
  19. Leebo

Leebo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    that is going to be my first step, good to hear about the vibration not being an issue
  20. county911

county911 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any Aprilia Rallies in the States this summer?