Romania Bulgaria trip. Anyone have off road gpx routes to share?

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Europe, Africa, & Middle East' started by mountainG, Jul 2, 2018.

1. mountainG

mountainG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As the title suggests, I'm on the hunt for off road routes for a last minute trip to Bulgaria and Romania in a few weeks time. Anything is of help.
    I've already got the TET routes, but with 2 weeks and the only confirmed stop being a couple of days at Sibiu, I've time to explore!
  2. Radoslav_Vesselinov

Radoslav_Vesselinov n00b

Oddometer:
  3. Andrea Fast

Andrea Fast Adventurer

Oddometer:
    look ACT touratech Romania. a nice 1500km trip... gpx for free. I'm planning to ride it next year
  4. motolover

motolover rookie

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info.
  5. nomadb

nomadb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello
    Let me revive this post instead of starting a new one.
    Please share your routes of Bulgaria.
    Planning a trip for 4 days over there. Any advise would be helpfull.
    And yes I am not interested touristy places.
  6. Clanger

Clanger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I spent 11 days in Romania last year and used the "Carpathian 2 wheel guide" book and GPS route app. They do a road and off-road version. I can only vouch for the off-road type but it was excellent. Beautiful tracks, lots of local info, what to eat, where to stay etc. Very well put together, and broken down into sections so you can pick and choose which bits you fancy. I believe they are planning to cover neighbouring countries in the future. We rode through Bulgaria on the way back to the UK. It was good enough to make me want to return for a longer visit.
  7. nomadb

nomadb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well below is a summary of the great 5 days;
    I started late from Istanbul. The destination was Motocamp Bulgaria located at Idilevo. Apparently it was raining heavy in Bulgaria. I was caught some short rain storms but the ride was mostly sunny. Problem was last short route to İdilevo was a mountain road washed out with stones. Did not look safe at night in dark.
    So I filled the tank and took the long way passing Kazanluk and Shipka pass. I arrived almost midnight.
    I ended up staying at motocamp and discovering the routes advised by Polly. It was wonderful 3 days. Thank for hospitality, great breakfast and routes. There is lot to see and camp's location is the best. Shipka pass, the space ship, Veliko Tırnovo, Lovec and all the beatifull country roads were great.
    On the way back I have seen many bşkes the opposite direction. There was a motofest at Kazanluk! Well that will be next year hopefully.
    The bike was great as well no problems whatsoever. (AT2016DCT).
    A longer version of the trip in Turkish can be found at below link.
    Maybe I will translate it to English sometimes.

https://burakcd.com/motosiklet-ile-bulgaristanda-5-gun/