RORR Dualsport, Pine Grove, PA

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Nightstalker, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Nightstalker

Nightstalker YO BUDDYPAL!

Oddometer:
    40 brave adventurers made the trek out to Pine Grove, PA, this weekend for the RORR dualsport run. Heavy rains from yesterday and locations outside of the Pine Grove area must of kept everyone away, which is a real shame, because we couldn't have had better weather and scenery than today!

Joe was the first of the big bike adventurers to show, on his 1200 GS.
    [​IMG]

His buddy Eric (on the left), was with him on an 1150 GS.
    [​IMG]
  2. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    Even if you don't ride, it's worth showing up just for the available variety of donuts!!
    [​IMG]

RORR mascot. The dualsport dog!
    [​IMG]
  3. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    Craig and Brenda (two on the right), showed up to run the event. TWO UP!
    [​IMG]

Here they are, ready to roll.
    [​IMG]
  4. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    Since I was stuck working signup and sweep riding, I didn't get to go out with the big dualies, which is a real shame, I'm sure I would have had the time of my life with 'em. I probably would have taken many more photos of big fat adventure bikes on epic adventure trails.

The big bike gang on the way out.
    [​IMG]

They would complete the 97 miles of big bike loop, and then some. More on that later....
  5. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    Out on the trail.

My buddy, and lifetime RORR member, Not2Fast, showed up to give us a hand. We would give each other the "OK to bail out" support network that every un-injured ADVRider needs.

We headed into the first "option" with our dirt bike brethern to pull down the course markers. This option was on Rousch Creek motorsport park property that we were allowed to use (THANK YOU) this year. It also just happened to be part of their GNCC course, OH MY. It was super rocky and pretty wet and a little muddy.

Not2Fast.
    [​IMG]

Hey, that's me!!
    [​IMG]

Water, but not like NJ Pine Barons water.
    [​IMG]

Teflon Dave. The bike to have, KTM 450, at least in this section it is.
    [​IMG]

Descend into the swamp. No thanks.
    [​IMG]

Heading for the swamp, Not2Fast and I invoked the "OK to bail out" protocol and headed to the Option/Bigbike convergence to await our dirt bike brothers.
  6. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    So, Not2Fast and I were hanging out on "The Hill", looking for some good shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My buddy had to bail out on me for an afternoon commitment. DAMN! So much for the "OK to bail" protocol. What was I going to do?? Who was going to help me pick up my bike?? So, I pussied out big time and ran some of the big bike loop before returning to the start for lunch.
  7. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    I caught up with these guys coming out of "Option 3". I didn't get any pictures of them crossing the rail road tracks, darn it. I really hate crossing rail road tracks.

Suzuki PE!
    [​IMG]

Yamaha XT350!
    [​IMG]

Honda XR650L!
    [​IMG]

Not sure...
    [​IMG]
  8. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    One more, looks like he's having fun!
    [​IMG]
  9. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    So, I headed back to the campground for some lunch. Forgot to take my camera along, doh! 2 hamburgers, candy bar, bag of chips, and a soda pop. It's a lot for lunch.

Just after I had finshed gorging myself, and while I was in the midst of deciding on whether I was going to run the second loop, alone, the big BMW's rolled on in, finishing the second loop.

Joe.
    [​IMG]

Eric.
    [​IMG]

It seemed that Joe had been riding around with a bee in his bonnet for good luck. We set him free after the photo, for all those bee lovers out there.
    [​IMG]
  10. tribeless

tribeless _________________________

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

dude that is just ripe for a splashdown, anyone attempt it :ear
  11. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    Kind of reminds me of another day out on the trail. This bee was not good luck for me though.
    [​IMG]
  12. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    Well, we all went through there, some of us several times. I seemed to be a camera retard today though. Sometimes I just don't know what's going through my head.

Shortly after this shot, Not2Fast went over the side (there was a black top road on the other side) and nearly was hit by a speeding car that was on the edge of control. Not2Fast took off after the out of control, speeding vehicle, and I went out after Not2Fast. I wasn't able to catch up to Not2Fast, nor was he able to catch the car. Luckily, he wasn't killed!
  13. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    I was fortunate enough to join the mighty three BMW's on a little street bike ride up 125 among other nifty roads in the area. Didn't stop to take any pictures, idiot, double doh! Too busy having fun!

Anyway, I sure had a blast!! I hope everyone else that came out for this year's event did too.
  14. Dick

Dick Its a big old goofy world

Oddometer:
    Damn is that Joe Sestrich in the photo above?
  15. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    Why yes, I do believe it is! He is quickly becoming quite the off road rider.
  16. Dick

Dick Its a big old goofy world

Oddometer:
    Is he a member here?

I used to work in his parent's store in Unionville.
  17. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    He is, at least, a lurker. I'm sure he'll PM you once he see the thread.
  18. not2fast

not2fast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The two-up rider on the GS was Craig Ebling, one of my pals from way back when. He and I were one of the few locals in the Pine Grove / Tremont area to ride Husqvarna WRs when everyone else was beating up Yamaha ITs from Zechman's in Pine Grove.

Craig is a great rider, both on and off road. He has indeed "Ridden the World" having done riding trips in Europe and Africa.

Great ride, great day....only thing that would have made it better for me would to have found that idiot that tried to run me over... :evil

Terry
  19. deerslayR

deerslayR Spodely Adventurer

Oddometer:
    TZ,

The shots you took are few, butt are very nice!

I spent my w/e on prep's for the hammer run.

RF/TC,

deerslayR
  20. not2fast

not2fast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    One of the things I wish TZ could have captured on digital film was the diversity of bikes in the DS run. Of course there were the KTMs and real "enduro" bikes, but my favorite rides to see in action were the older bikes.

The Zukie PE, 1978 maybe??, and the guy on a pristine KE175 vintage 1975..and the red Zuki SP,not sure if it was a 250 or 370, the Yamaha XT225, and a few others that escape my memory. Those guys were having a lot of fun without a lot of big $$$ invested in equipment. That old KE probably couldn't run a GPS and heated grips at the same time. :lol3

Now if we could only get a few Rokon riders to show up for next year....

Terry