ROTTWEILER intake Pre orders

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by Nowwhat, Nov 17, 2020.

1. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    I think it would be really hard for an oiled foam air filter to do the job properly with the small, flat surface area available in the stock airbox.
    windblown101 likes this.
  2. Oh No!

Oh No! Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for this info. Do you know whether other 790/890 owners have successfully used the UNI filter in their bikes? I am wondering whether this is a problem that affects everyone who has installed the UNI filter or just a few bikes.
  3. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    @Oh No!

Fair question. As I recall there was a fellow in the airfilter thread that reported they had not had issues with the UNI though I don't know what type of riding they had done. All I can say is it caused me grief and if you read through that other thread from start to finish you will see some other reports of issues with them.

Hey, it's the internet. Bad info is easy to find and you don't know me and probably don't know others that reported problems either so it's understandable to be skeptical. All I can say is I don't have a dog in the fight. I don't make or sell the things and I don't have a favorite air filter manufacturer. I just want dirt stopped at the filter.

If you go with the UNI and ride in conditions where it gets a good work out let us know how you make out! Personally, I'd advise against it for whatever that may be worth.
    EvilSteve, Gaulin and SoilSampleDave like this.
  4. RyanC

RyanC Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    From their FB page last night:
    upload_2021-3-16_7-21-45.png
  5. tdhanses

tdhanses Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ordered the orange today since it is in stock, wasn’t too worried about color.
  6. Thumper Dumper

Thumper Dumper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have also had a problem with the Uni Filter, I would suggest you grease the lip before installing and then remove the filter and see if the top lip compressed the grease.
    Mine didn't so I tried adding a shim to put more pressure against the sealing face and that didn't work either. I'm back to the paper filter and snorkel foam filters for added protection, although my Rotti air box arrived yesterday so that will change.
    I tried emailing Uni but got no response.
  7. grace

grace Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    for those who have been running the rotty intake, how has it affected the bike fuel economy?
    kzeb and SEK_Nick like this.
  8. SoilSampleDave

Oddometer:
    I heard you get eleventy-seven mpg with it.
    chippertheripper and BHoward like this.
  9. BHoward

BHoward Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't think it has affected my MPG at all.
    Technically it is making the engine more efficient so in theory it should raise your miles per gallon a little bit.
    grace likes this.
  10. BISHOP

BISHOP Roadracer goes Dirt

Oddometer:
    I'm getting the same mpg with the Rott intake riding various intensity and conditions in the last 1500 miles.
  11. grace

grace Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    thanks gents. though i don't think that it's related to rotty intake, since installing the intake, bike's fuel has tanked from around 43-44 mpg to 37 mpg. not sure what's going on. trying to figure out what else could have caused such a dramatic drop. i mean, just cruising easy on the highway and the bike now barely gets 40 mpg., previously, i could get 47 mpg cruising on the highway. ideas?
  12. markgrolex

markgrolex Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would verify how you check mileage. Those Dash numbers are usually BS. Fill tank to top. Go ride xx miles and then refill tank and do the math. For example ride 50 miles and refill and if it takes exactly 1 gallon you getting 50 MPG.

if during intake you left something ( sensor wiring etc) unplugged you would have a check engine light. It still look close at install like intake boots tight on throttle bodies, etc. Got fresh fuel in there?
    grace and BHoward like this.
  13. BHoward

Oddometer:
    Actually losing MPG after installing a R.P. intake.
    I think a couple things.
    If going off the dash numbers this would be inaccurate. Once anything on the motor has been manipulated those MPG numbers on the TFT are wrong. The ECU doesn't know anything has been done to make the motor more efficient. So it's injecting the same amount of fuel but the vehicle is traveling farther. So now the MPG numbers on the TFT look worse but in reality the MGP is that much better.
    Another reason the MGP is down would be incorrect instalation. A hose not connected properly or a clamp not on. Mabey even a rag stuck inside the intake.
    Another reason or decrease fuel economy, once an after-market item is installed the vehicle operator loves it so much he likes the WOT all the time which of course leads to poor economy.
    There are always exceptions to the rule but in theory when you make a motor more efficient by opening up the exhaust or opening up the restriction on the intake, typically the better efficiency will leed to better fuel economy.
    grace and SoilSampleDave like this.
  14. BHoward

Oddometer:
    Also, as Mark said, the numbers on the TFT are typically inaccurate even under the best conditions.
    So if a individual was using the dash MPG before a modification then uses actuall MPG numbers after, this is not a direct comparison.
    I would suggest keeping a MPG log on the bike and instead of just using one tank, try over the course of a thousand miles or 500 and keep track of exactly how much gas you use and then you'll have a true miles per gallon on your bike.
    grace likes this.
  15. gsuks

gsuks Long timer

Oddometer:
    What @BHoward
    Says
    Yesterday
    Liters and kms
    But principal is the same

Tft read out
    Trip. 380.8 km
    Av cons. 21.8 km per liter

Should be 17.46 Liters used

But I actually put in
    19.71 liters
    Which gives an av cons of
    19.32 km per liter

That's a difference in average consumption of nearly
    2.5 km per liter

782513927.jpg 1512773522.jpg
    grace and BHoward like this.
  16. tdhanses

tdhanses Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Installed mine today, super easy after watching their video.
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  17. Crusty the Clown

Crusty the Clown Nutup-or-Shutup Supporter

Oddometer:
    I believe when you give the bike full knackers the RP intake rumble is louder then the horn! Actually loud airboxes saves lives because the deer and elk can hear you far away.
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  18. SoilSampleDave

Oddometer:
    Mine better ship soon!
  19. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll be happy to see mine late April. Just in time for riding to begin.
    Crusty the Clown likes this.
  20. SoilSampleDave

Oddometer:
    I’ll be sure and tell them to move my order in front of yours! :1drink
    TrailTrauma likes this.