ROTTWEILER intake

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by Nowwhat, Nov 17, 2020.

1. David_Moen

David_Moen Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks, what's the racket level like with the Wings slip on? Hopefully not too obnoxious.
  2. markgrolex

markgrolex Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    all I know is the sound in the garage haha -it sounds only slightly louder. I have not ridden it yet -nothing but bad weather since i bought the bike last month.

I had one on my 1290 R and loved it--looks good, lighter, and had a deeper sound but not too loud at all.

You'll be pleased -its not too loud
    David_Moen likes this.
  3. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    braaap! and TrailTrauma like this.
  4. David_Moen

Oddometer:

That's what I'm hoping for!
  5. AdvDna

AdvDna Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I soaked mine in almost boiling water and they went in like..... well you know!
    drrod1, markgrolex and TrailTrauma like this.
  6. OrangeDesert

OrangeDesert Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Decat done, Rapidbike Evo done, waiting for the Rotty intake...
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  7. kirill_k

kirill_k Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi everybody,
    I've never used foam filters on anything except mx bikes, where we had them serviced after every trackday. So I wonder how ofter is the owner supposed to clean and oil RWP's foam in case he uses it when ordinary commuting?
  8. kubcat

kubcat Riding is Eudaemonic Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just take a look at it every now and then and use common sense and judgement. If its really dirty, clean it. If you're going on an offroad adventure, clean it first and bring an oiled spare. If its just a bit dirty and you're street riding then ride on.
  9. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist Supporter

Oddometer:
    @kirill_k , RWP offers choices at checkout/product selection - You can add the pre-filters which are a great idea for anyone, and extra filters. I chose to order a pre-oil'd filter so I'd have time to research and source a good biodegradable oil. If you buy the pre-filters (3-pack) then just pull that off and clean it, replace it with a dry clean one, and continue. Commuting shouldn't be bad.
    OrangeDesert, BHoward and kirill_k like this.
  10. Olaf972

Olaf972 Pirate of the Carribean

Oddometer:
    I've never used foam filters too, so when you only drive on road for a moment at normal conditions, you don't need to use an oiled filter ?
    I ordered both...and they arrive tomorrow :clap
  11. kubcat

kubcat Riding is Eudaemonic Supporter

Oddometer:
    foam filters need to be oiled in order to correctly filter the intake air, no matter how or where you are riding. the conditions you ride in only determine how quickly the oil will saturate with dirt and therefore how often you must clean or replace them.
    kirill_k and Olaf972 like this.
  12. DCGH

DCGH Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think the pre-filters Rotty sell are more like a filter sock that fits over the normal filter, this lengthens the amount of time needed between cleaning of the main filter...in my experience (mainly racing I have to admit) I would always oil the main filter...there are spray on filter oils (K&N make a good one) that stop the process being too messy...that's how I understand it anyways..open to correction as always though :lol3
  13. Olaf972

Olaf972 Pirate of the Carribean

Oddometer:
    OK thanks, that's what I thought
  14. markgrolex

markgrolex Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ill add my 2 cents since I have used foam filters on KTM dirt bikes for many years.
    I have used No toil oil and cleaner with excellent results -NO DIRT behind filter even after very dusty rides -I like and trust it.
    Its super easy to use. I clean the filter in home wash tub with hot water and no toil powdered cleaner- rinse it right down the drain.
    Let filter air dry completely and then oil the foam and really work it in and gently squeeze out any excess- you dont need to over oil it but make sure it totally oiled.
    No need to squeeze or ring foam filters too hard either-- it can hurt them. Let it sit out for a good 15 minutes so the alcohol in oil evaporates and THEN install filter. I used a thin coating of filter grease on the rim where it contacts the airbox but in looking at how big and good the surface area of contact is on the RP filter dont think Ill need rim grease unless I knew I was riding in a dust storm. Also filter skins over top are not bad idea in off road. Prob not needed at all for street or light off road.
    There are lots of good bio oils and cleaners ( ones that work with hot water ) easy to clean and tons of great conventional filter oils/ cleaners like Bel Ray etc. But they need solvents to clean, and then you have left over dirty solvent to dispose of. As for how often just look at it and its getting dirty clean it. Its better to do it too often than not!
    and always after a dirt ride if its dusty. Street rides -you can wait until it visibility looks dirty but if its been a while-- like a few months a clean and re oil won't hurt.

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 2.39.49 PM.png
    braaap!, kirill_k and sims159914 like this.
  15. David_Moen

Oddometer:
    +1 on NoToil. I've used with great results on a string of dirt bikes going back at least 15 years.
    braaap! likes this.
  16. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    Has anyone found an affordable US dealer for Rock Oil bio oil?
  17. braaap!

braaap! Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    We can't get Rock Oil Bio down here either! Local importer / distributor claims C19 has foobared their supply chain... :dirtdog

Wanted to compare it with my goto filter oil - No Toil.
    I've been using it for years and as others have said, like the fact that it requires no harsh solvents to clean a filter plus the new aerosol cans eliminate a lot of the mess. Been using a large cardboard box as a spray booth.
  18. DCGH

DCGH Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Where do you get the stuff from Dave?
  19. David_Moen

Oddometer:
    Shuswap Xtreme. I love the fact that you can clean the filters up in the laundry tub and because you aren't using solvents or gas, you can wash, re-wash and rinse until they are super clean.
    DCGH likes this.
  20. squid61

squid61 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pegasusautoracing.com
    Dan D. and SoilSampleDave like this.