ROTTWEILER intake

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by Nowwhat, Nov 17, 2020.

1. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist Supporter

Oddometer:

After all this time, I've forgotten which are septic friendly (peat tank). I'm going to check this out.

EDIT: Googling found this: https://www.dirtrider.com/tests/parts-accessories/141_1011_easy_wash_air_filter_treatments_review/

Quote-keep in mind this article is from 2010. It sounds pretty nice though, with the new oil (Green bottle).

No Toil Evolution

https://notoil.com/no-toil-classic-evolution-oil/ **looks out of stock 02/2021

$8.95 16 oz/$34.95 1/2 gal./ $19.95 Evolution 3-pack (oil, cleaner, rim grease)

What's Hot
    • Evolution, now green, replaces the older red No Toil we were very fond of. It has an aqueous carrier agent to replace the isopropyl alcohol, which addresses concerns about shipping regulations, wrecking filter foam and especially glue degradation.

• It does not make the filter expand when applied, and if left in for long periods (over three months), does not stick the filter to the cage or air intake boot.

• Cleaning is much better than standard oils. With the No Toil cleaner and warm water the filter comes out pretty spotless.

• The only nontoxic, biodegradable filter oil.

What's Not

• Sometimes a little goo remains after a second cleansing, and if regular oil gets on the filter (say from an engine vent routed into the airbox), it does not clean out with the No Toil cleaner.
    • Spreads the best on a totally dry filter, does not like any remaining water during application.
    • Takes a specific cleaner, other types won't work.
  2. new2adv

new2adv Converting gas into wheelies since 1974

Oddometer:
    I bought some from Rottweiler Performance late in 2020. Maybe they don’t meet your definition of “affordable” though.
  3. OrangeDesert

OrangeDesert Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just received feedback from RP, Rotty airbox is not available and my order (including additional replacement foam, and 3 sleeves) has now the status of "Back Order"...
    "We wanted to let you know that we are currently in the manufacturing process to release the next wave of our 790 Intakes. Although, we do not have a tentative date on this next release date, we are working hard to fulfill your order as soon as we can."
    Not sure when this "as soon as we can" will be. :dirtdog
  4. drrod1

drrod1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The same thing happened to my order. It took about a month for my intake to arrive after it was put on backorder. Not sure if the same time frame will apply though.
  5. TrailTrauma

Oddometer:

May I ask which intake you ordered? Rally or Pro? Finish, or colour? (Carbon-flat,gloss or plastic-orange, grey, black)

I recently PRE-ordered the new, black plastic intake which has the advertised shipping date of mid-March 2021.
  6. Smallfurry

Smallfurry Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  7. RyanC

RyanC Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I received the same message yesterday, ordered the grey intake on January 6th. They said that they had only received approx 1/3rd of a shipment of some of the parts and there were other parts held up at port right now. Sounds like the unfortunately typical Covid supply chain challenges. They didn't have any guidance on when they would have everything in and ready for assembly unfortunately.
  8. TrailTrauma

Oddometer:
    Difficult times for vendors, no doubt. I'll be pleased when it arrives, regardless if it makes in on schedule though. Not like I'm riding anywhere around here in March, or much of April. :muutt
    RyanC likes this.
  9. OrangeDesert

OrangeDesert Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @TrailTrauma I've ordered the Pro Edition ORANGE + replacement air filter + a 3 Pack of Filter Skins.

I must say that here in Dubai now is the best time of the year to ride, since we have around 25 Celsius, so I am a bit frustrated thinking that the filter will arrive in April/May where the temperature will rise around 35/42...:cry
  10. TrailTrauma

Oddometer:

I understand what you might be feeling. But when you do get your order fulfilled you can stare at it in your garage like I'll be doing in a few weeks, except with blistering sand dunes instead of a few feet of snow outside the door, and down the hill a lake with several feet of ice. Aren't seasons fun? :lol2
  11. kirill_k

kirill_k Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Tough luck(
    In August 2013 I had a ride in dunes near Al Badayer with two great guys from JustGasIt. By the end of first ten minutes I thought, I wouldn't survive it. But then my more experienced companions persuaded me to throw away roost and elbow guards, replace goggles with sunglasses and sip water every couple of minutes, so I came back to life and even began to enjoy all this. Still when I was back to the hotel I was so much exhausted, that remembering it even years later makes me shudder. Though local fellows said it was not too hot in the desert that day, just about 45 celcius)
  12. Crusty the Clown

Crusty the Clown Nutup-or-Shutup Supporter

Oddometer:
    Shameless picture plug here folks of my intake! :dllama: GCJM3627.JPG
    TrailTrauma, Olaf972, drrod1 and 6 others like this.
  13. Olaf972

Olaf972 Pirate of the Carribean

Oddometer:
    Received mine yesterday and quick installed this morning :happay

20210227_135309.jpg
    I have Akrapovic muffler with db killer and 47 teeth rear sprocket, no mapping.
    I like the new sound and I'm really impressed by the improvement in midrange rpm, I d'idn't expect so.
    Many thanks RP

:thumb
    drrod1, complacent, braaap! and 5 others like this.
  14. Taki

Taki Waiting for Godot

Oddometer:
    Fwiw, I installed the air box and power commander with ignition advance maps (1&2) while keeping the stock exhaust. Process was straightforward if you watch the Rottweiler video, power commander required a little extra time as the black and white pictures and instructions from dynojet were written for the 790 Duke, mostly the same.

Regardless, the midrange power is substantially improved. The bike now feels more like a 950 twin and lifts the front wheel with ease rolling the gas on in second. Much better! I’m entirely pleased with the quality, service, and performance of this product. Well done Rottweiler. Highly recommend.
  15. Oh No!

Oh No! Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rottweiler's website is now saying expected ship date for black plastic version of intake is end of April. :(
  16. el Pete

el Pete toda su base

Oddometer:
    I seem to recall some concerns about increased fuel consumption, but just did a 1100 mile trip and averaged 53.6 MPG. That's with about 200 miles of offroad flogging and the rest a mixture of highway and backroads riding. Multiple legs of 200 miles and the low fuel light only came on once.

thumbnail_IMG_4246.jpg
    motokeith likes this.
  17. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    That completely sucks.
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  18. TrailTrauma

Oddometer:

Looking for a silver lining here - this gives me the warm spring weather I need to drag the bike out and clean the hell out of it before I install the intake.
    throttled likes this.
  19. Oh No!

Oh No! Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I happily would have bought the orange intake if I did not have a black subframe. I do like the black subframe on the Rally, but the orange airbox would not look right with it IMO, and I still have my reservations about the carbon version.
  20. SoilSampleDave

SoilSampleDave Dr. Zaius was right!

Oddometer:
    Look here Pollyanna, I wants my airbox, and I wants it now! :dirtdog