'Round the World with an Italian Supermodel

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by AntiHero, Aug 8, 2014.

1. KHVol

KHVol Long timer

Oddometer:
    Very glad to see you are back, Dennis.
    AntiHero likes this.
  2. kave

kave Gravel rules

Oddometer:
    Welcome back!!
    AntiHero likes this.
  3. Polarize

Polarize Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Welcome back! She’s not a Ducati, but she’s red - good inspiration to ride well. DAA055EB-64B0-4A0B-B108-F574128D99AC.jpeg
    AntiHero and Zubb like this.
  4. fritzcoinc

fritzcoinc Enjoying my last V8 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good to hear from you, Dennis.
    Are you planning to resume the Euro. tour?
    AntiHero likes this.
  5. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dennis thanks for sharing your past journey with us. I was a rabid follower of your posts. about the time you parked the forum, I traded my Ducati for the GSA and brought dirt into my touring.
    I’ve often hoped to see an update. You don’t know me but you are like an old friend to me.

looking forward to anything you have to say here.

cheers my friend.
    mitchapalooza, AntiHero and Mofrid like this.
  6. TheNetworker

TheNetworker Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Moin Dennis,

Great to hear from you again. No special questions - just how are you and are there any future plans?

Greetings from the sunny west of Austria - out on a ride with friends….
    AntiHero likes this.
  7. Pbro63

Pbro63 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm curious as to what's next and your motivation for it? And I'd like to thank you for conspiring with us yocals to create a thread that is broad , deep and artful. Wish you the best.
    AntiHero likes this.
  8. Loudo

Loudo Pithy

Oddometer:
    I'm interested in seeing any new art
    AntiHero and radmann10 like this.
  9. Tallbastid

Tallbastid Stay Grateful

Oddometer:
    Welcome back! As another inmate said, you don’t know me but you’re like an old friend to me. Really looking forward to reading more of your writing and thoughts.
    KHVol, AntiHero, Don T and 2 others like this.
  10. dmski

dmski Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Welcome back! Looking forward to what you have to say and where you will go. My brother bought me your coast to coast book and it's nice to flip through every once in a while. You take some great photos! Now if I could just get my hands on one of your Ducati Panigalle paintings
    AntiHero likes this.
  11. Don T

Don T Roaming Viking

Oddometer:
    I would love to hear how life have been treating you and what you are up to now?
    AntiHero likes this.
  12. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    (I will be answering questions, too)
  13. RedtoBlack56

RedtoBlack56 n00b

Oddometer:
    Anti! You jumped back on the day before I finished your RR. I've been reading it for years (I read C2C as well). While I don't have a contact for autism (sorry), I can say you've inspired me to get my current bike, Ducati 796, and do some long rides. Phoenix AZ to Brownsville TX and back, Williamsport PA to south west oklahoma and back, and a 5 day ride around colorado. I'm not super religious but it was a blessing man, thanks. Not to get into anything too specific but your story got me through some rough patches. Thanks again I'll be looking out for your next adventure.
  14. live2ridetahoe

live2ridetahoe BSN, RN, CEN, TCRN, MICN Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice first post^^^
    Drumhawk and RedtoBlack56 like this.
  15. PittsDriver

PittsDriver Fuse lit.... Supporter

Oddometer:
    My experience for myself and with one of my daughters is that there isn't a one of us in this world that isn't "on the spectrum" somewhere and I would advise taking a diagnosis of "experts" with a healthy dose of common sense and maybe even some skepticism. Not saying don't manage the symptoms with systems that work for you but don't let it pigeon hole you into thinking you're more broken than anyone else.
    KHVol, pcarreiro, Don T and 3 others like this.
  16. Catboat

Catboat n00b

Oddometer:
    Very well said Pittsdriver!
  17. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good to see you all.

Now that I'm mostly over the disappointment, here it is: my days of riding motorbikes are over. (No more car/bike specific art, either.).

Riding satisfied a lot of things in me and expanded my life in more ways than I could imagine (thank you, advrider, and thank you, Ducati). Unfortunately not even my Panigale could fill the vacancy that I sought to fill. So, with nowhere left to go, I just turned around and rode into the void inside of me.

I found a lot of answers, including being autistic without realizing how not dealing with it (misdiagnosis is common) negatively impacted myself and others.

I don't ride anymore, and ADVRider really isn't the platform to share a story about what made me me. And I'm not even certain it's a story I'd want to relive a third time.

I came out of it with the ability to actually feel happiness. Joy and love and feelings of affection come with a feeling of panic and breathlessness, but I felt more 'emotion' in the past few months than I've felt my whole life. The world isn't just cold sterile icy logic. It has color, a little, now and not so boring and endurance-based.

So if you've seen a little of yourself in me, or feel like left-handed scissors in a right-handed body. Or are increasingly confused by other people's reaction (mostly of panic), do some research on Asperger's, Autism, etc and you might find some of the answers I was told to look at long ago, but didn't, and regret not having done so sooner.
  18. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    No Euro tour. I am not sure I'll ever be able to ride again. Or if I'll need/want to anymore. I'd like to explain it further, because the need to roam far and wide still exists, but it's just expressing itself differently in art and building storywriting 'scaffolds' so I and others can easily create stories and art.

Thanks for that question. I overlook major things often.
  19. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Zubb, I appreciate your kind words now as always. The difference is I can feel them a little, too. (It's a vellichor emotion and fascinating. Thank you.).
  20. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey bud! Umm, 'morning. Painting, being around my weird autistic girlfriend/friend and our goofy pets (bunnies) is all I know for certain at this point.
    DCrider likes this.