'Round the World with an Italian Supermodel

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by AntiHero, Aug 8, 2014.

1. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    What nobody knows the coyotes were real and the bike was just a cleverly disguised Bluefin Tuna in a Panigale costume.

[​IMG]
    davyjones likes this.
  2. 1UglyBastard

1UglyBastard Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in early for this one. Best of luck, D.
  3. alvincullumyork

alvincullumyork Ol Two Flags

Oddometer:
    Still my all time favorite of the many outstanding Supermodel photos.

Go get whatever it is you're chasing!
  4. Trane Francks

Trane Francks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Uhm. Would somebody please pass me a tissue? :eek1
  5. Madmedic

Madmedic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in again. Love your style.
  6. 1TrackSam

1TrackSam Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great, subscribed. Enjoyed the pictures!
  7. manban9888

manban9888 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    " Doubtful if anyone remembers, but at some point in my Coast to Coast report, a piece of my tooth just fell out while I happened to be writing an update. After the nerve died, it gave me no problems. But before the trip I went to the dentist. Bad move. Got a root canal about 4 days before I left. It got infected."
    Damn AH I got a little queezy just reading this. The dentist is my kryptonite. I hate the bastard. I'm 45 and have never had a cavity. They say it's great genetics but I'm pretty sure it's cuz I don't wanna get vaginal cramps in front of anyone. I had to have a wisdom tooth removed cuz it got infected while I was on the road w my girl. The shots didn't work right and it felt like he was trying to rip my head off. Paid him 500 bucks but wanted to take one of his molars through his ass instead. Hope you feel better and that your ride is full of beautiful places and friendly women and vice versa
  8. krautman

krautman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You are the MAN ! Ride on for those of us with families mortgages kids 9 to 5 jobs!!!!!
  9. krautman

krautman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You are the MAN ! Ride on for those of us with families mortgages kids 9 to 5 jobs!!!!!
  10. No. 99

No. 99 Out there

Oddometer:
    In......can't wait for the reports.....ride safe.
  11. kevdawg

kevdawg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to all your great adventures:clap
  12. DustyRags

DustyRags Idiot

Oddometer:
    In!
  13. Patrol

Patrol VALE 46!

Oddometer:
    In! Long awaited. Glad the infection from the previous thread is resolved.
  14. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh yes--on the last day of Ducati Week I got to see the Scrambler, too:

[​IMG]

It was hidden in the bottom storage container. Ducati was taking people through 8 at a time after confiscating phones and cameras, but the head of US Marketing sneaked us in through the back in-between visits. I have to say that I wanted one just looking at it. It fills a spot in a virtually non-existent niche. Something that's fun, doesn't take itself too seriously, and something that's versatile. Ah yes--and cool, too. Adolescent without being unrefined I think hits the nail on the head. A swiss army knife. We shall see....but when I saw it visions of South America and Kazakstan flickered through my head.

I got a picture of it (with permission, but only with the cover on).

[​IMG]

A few days later a picture leaked to Asphalt and Rubber. And no it wasn't me. Still pre-production, so the details were rather unfinished, but overall, a pretty cool concept that's going into production.

[​IMG]

When it comes out, though, I'm guessing I'll do a cost comparison of Scrambler vs. building a TerraCorsa....

[​IMG]
    davyjones likes this.
  15. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Since I was in the area and had some free time, I drove out to San Marino, which is, according to Apple GPS, a completely separate country. According to Wiki, it's also the oldest surviving sovereign state and constitutional republic in the world. Not that you'd know unless you were reading Wikipedia, as it has the same not-quite-first-world way of doing things that don't appear any different than Italy's way of doing things.

But it has a cool fortress that made me wished I brought a crossbow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the stuff of visions of Italy. Real-life Robin Hood shit. As a kid I just wanted to merely put my hand on such a structure to verify that it--and the past history of damsels in distress, poisoned kings and noble battles were, in fact, real. But to actually visit a structure was more akin to traveling 1000 years back in time. It's the kind of experience that makes me want to scrape my knuckles across the surface just to remind myself how real it is.

[​IMG]

I stood in the top of that tower, alone, peering for miles over the valleys and ridges and fields and trees imagining all the hundreds and thousands of people who had done the same before me for ten centuries. Ten centuries! And I was there, as last witness standing atop the castle. I'll never forget it. There are rare moments in life when we experience something that expands consciousness into regions we've only previously imagined. This was one of them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stunning, just stunning.
    davyjones likes this.
  16. Toddv

Toddv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow that castle is really something. Wonder if strange things go bump in the night there?
  17. CharlestonADV

CharlestonADV I do my own stunts!

Oddometer:
    Will be interesting to see how far this RTW ride goes.:wink:
  18. backoutonthehighway

backoutonthehighway ATGMOTT/MOTGATT

Oddometer:
    In! :clap
  19. DutchChip

DutchChip Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hah, I've got a great solution for that: get fired from your job. That's what happened to me two weeks ago, and I'm on the road as I'm tying this. Obviously not a permanent solution since the mortgage and kids are still there, but think about it!
  20. Trane Francks

Trane Francks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My exploration of various historical sites in Austria left me thinking much the same thing. When you're standing in a 900-year-old church that sees daily use, it's quite the thing. The sense of history is hard to describe.

Olde Europe should be on everybody's bucket list.