route from Gonzaga Bay to BoLA, Baja

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Mexico, Central & South America' started by sflash868, Jan 13, 2009.

1. sflash868

sflash868 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking for a route from gonzaga bay to bay of los angeles through the dried lake bed. Never been further south than COCOs. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you.
  2. freeflow

freeflow get in or go in Supporter

Oddometer:
    pm sent (but Calamuje wash route)
  3. dirtdiver

dirtdiver Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would be interested in this route too. Is it OK for big adv bikes? I have a 990.

steve
  4. freeflow

freeflow get in or go in Supporter

Oddometer:
    there can be some pretty deep sand and whooped out sections thru and after the Calamuje Wash. YMMV, the XR650R was great thru there. not sure how a 990 or GS (or even a KLR for that matter) would enjoy it.

going on the graded road to Chapala past Cocos has been done on all kinds of bikes.
  5. Hill Climber

Hill Climber Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hola freeflow.... PM sent
  6. crashmaster

crashmaster ow, my balls!

Oddometer:
    The Calamajue wash is doable on big bike only if you can handle very soft and deep whooped out sand, rocky two track, and a couple "interesting" water crossings.

The fun starts shortly after you leave Cocos and doesnt let up until you hit the BoLA road. The last section from the Baja Pits area (next to Mex 1) south to BoLA road will swallow a big bike if you stop.

Now all that said, the route is in the worst condition that I have ever seen it, meaning great fun and a bit of work on a dirt bike, and approaching nightmarish conditions on a big dual sport.
  7. tn-steve

tn-steve Addicted

Oddometer:
    I just sent you a PM requesting that route as well :D