1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Route help around Ashton, ID please

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Bumpaman, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Bumpaman

Bumpaman Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Foot of the Sangre de Cristos and Music City, TX.
    I and several friends will be traveling an abbreviated version of the Heart of the West route in Sept and I was wondering if anyone had a favorite off highway route from Idaho Falls to Ashton or vice versa? I see that there are May secondary roads but just wondered about a recommendation? Thank you in advance
  2. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    I'm far from an expert on that area. But if you ride from Idaho Falls to the Kelly Canyon Ski Resort, you can take forest service roads across the mountains or if you're feeling studly, there's a bunch of single track ranging from 'entertaining' to f#*king impossible you can ride in a northeasterly direction. Catch Hwy 32 (paved) north of Tetonia. I haven't taken any of the dirt loop roads to the east but I've always wanted to as I imagine they are pretty darn scenic. Which Hwy 32 happens to be even if it's paved - great views of the Tetons. On Hwy 32 at Drummond (don't blink), you can catch fun dirt farm roads north and eventually hook up with Hwy 47 which leads to Ashton.
    Metalcarver likes this.
  3. Bumpaman

Bumpaman Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Foot of the Sangre de Cristos and Music City, TX.
    Thanks so much for the tips
  4. AK2ID

AK2ID Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Go to trails.idaho.gov for an on-line map of all BLM/USFS roads and trails in Idaho. It is pretty accurate.