Route Suggestions: Silly Valley to Sac o tomatoes

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by billcat, Jul 11, 2001.

1. billcat

billcat z

Oddometer:
    I will be riding up to Sacto this Sunday and was looking for something a bit juicier then the 80 superslab. Any ideas???

:defend :shoot
  2. Sparky

Sparky .

Oddometer:
    One decent option: Mt. Hamilton / Mines Road to Livermore, Vasco Rd, Deer Valley Rd. to Antioch, then 160 up the levees to Sac.

160 is great. Nice winding road along the river banks. Some traffic, butt usually bearable.

Three stars. Joe Bob says check it out.

- Sparky
  3. billcat

billcat z

Oddometer:
    Thx and will do, but its getting harder and harder to find a drive in these daze Joe Bob...
  4. Slider

Slider n00b

Oddometer:
    Yep 160 is about the best you can hope for in the flatlands. You also could start off going around Calavares Reservoir then go Sunol Blvd into Pleasanton then left on Valley Ave then rt on Santa Rita. Follow Santa Rita north over 580 and it will become Tassajara keep following that till Highland rd which is a right. Follow that until you make a left on Morgan Territory Road. This is a fun one and is even tighter than Mines Rd in places, good GS road. MTR will take you to Marsh Creek rd go rt. Then make a left on Deer Valley rd follow this until you come to Hwy 4 go rt on 4 for a couple of miles and it will take you straight to Hwy 160 which you want follow north over the Antioch bridge.

It sounds like it might be harder to follow this than it really is. All of the roads should be on a map except for maybe Morgan Territory Rd it isn't on all maps. Have a good trip. :)
  5. Conestogaman

Conestogaman Mr. Excessive (professional lurker)

Oddometer:
    Highway 160 is a good road. Also North outta Livermore...Vasco road. Some of the towns go a little slow but a nice ride.
  6. billcat

billcat z

Oddometer:
    Thanks to all!

I ended up shooting for Calaveres rd. and missed it somehow. But I did end up on a GREAT ride. I followed all the signs to CR, but then ended up on this one lane, freshly paved stretch of supertight twisties that only goes to prove some Caltrans guys MUST ride the GS. I highly recomend this road!!!! I do not have time to scout out proper directions, but I wil lwhen I get back in 2n1/2 weeks to be sure.

Take care all, I'm going fishing. :evil

:legs :legs :legs