1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Rowher Flats Breakfast Klub

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Klammer, Nov 16, 2009.

1. dea63

dea63 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Todd, how have you been (enjoying the 300:thumb). Came to take a peak and recognized the trails, this was our first ride ( same trail/first single and the long jeep climb) together when we first met a few years ago (DR riders/when i got my first DR), and you filmed (you called it the ghost town)going all the way to the studio western/Mexican town before knowing not to go there through the back way.:thumb

The first single trail in the vid: Did that a couple of weeks ago (breaking in the new crf), and at least half of it is worst/rockier than bouquet (the rains sure washed a lot of the sand off , and its all rocky/rough).

Happy trails to everyone as well!:thumb
  2. kevinA

kevinA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can anyone recommend some fun fairly tame trails up at Rowher to take so that I can get a better feel for my 1290r? How’s that Texas canyon rd?

Attached Files:

3. Todd157k

Todd157k Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    yes. Take Texas out of staging area 1. Follow it up. Once you want to try a little bit harder stuff, take one of the small off-shoots. They parallel the road and are short, and lead you back onto the road.
  4. socalluke

socalluke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Broken collar bone healing, so out exploring paved and dirt roads in the truck. Noticed fire roads, just east / north of Green Valley on San Fransiquito.

Looked on the map and curious. Can you connect San Fransiquito to Bouquet Canyon and then all the way to Sierra Highway? (Essentially paralleling the PCT) Looks like Leona Divide to Bouquet Canyon road and then Lincoln Crest, Sierra Pellona, and Ritter to Sierra Highway.

Any gates in this route?
  5. theSteels

theSteels Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is rowher officially closed? Are there ways in if so? I might have a free days soon, I miss riding.
  6. Todd157k

Oddometer:
    All riding areas are closed.
  7. slidewayes

slidewayes slidewayes

Oddometer:
  8. Todd157k

Oddometer:
    There's a pic of the front gate locked posted somewhere here. I'll see if I can find it.
    E-luke likes this.
  9. E-luke

E-luke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was planning on hitting up Rowher on Sunday. It says on google it’s open? I checked the ranger hotline for the rincon OHV trail off San Gabriel and they’re closed until further notice...

I’ve only lived in the US for 5 years so I don’t understand the BLM thing — is Rowher managed by them?
  10. Boxerbreath

Boxerbreath 2017.5 GS Black Storm

Oddometer:
    I just drove by it pretty sure it’s closed.
  11. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    rowher is managed by the USFS, iand under the Angeles National Forest District

https://www.fs.usda.gov/main/angeles/home

Angeles National Forest Area Closures - COVID-19 Response
    Effective April 4, 2020 - We are closing 4 formal trailheads and 23 informal trail access points, resulting in a larger closure of 23 trails and 19 roads. In total, this results in closure of 81.5 miles of trail (out of 760 open miles) and 54.5 miles of road. The closure does not close the ability to walk on to National Forest System land but does restrict access
    slidewayes, MrGadalot and E-luke like this.
  12. E-luke

E-luke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gotcha. Thanks Joel. I’ll ride black top and wrench on the bike until April 30th I guess!

if anyone knows of any rideable areas remaining open, I’m all ears and gears!
  13. MrGadalot

MrGadalot Chop Chop

Oddometer:
    When I talked to the ranger about a week ago, he said that the Angeles Forest was closed. I challenged this because the website indicated open except for developed sites. He then handed me a second paper from the LA county health officer closing all trails and parks in LA County. He was cool about it, just warmed me the ticket was large if someone decides to enforce. I think you need to be out of LA county to be totally free of any restriction.
  14. Slow poke Rodriguez

Slow poke Rodriguez Adventurer

Oddometer:
    All BLM Areas are open in the desert!! Just got back from several of them, roads are super washed out to Wagon Wheel but the area is ready for riders!!