Royal Enfield Himalayan 450cc engine upgrade

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sam2019, Jun 25, 2020.

1. sam2019

sam2019 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. sam2019

sam2019 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    we re-positioned the stock to Germany, the shipping agent in taly was too slow LOL. so now "direct shipping from Germany"
  3. sam2019

sam2019 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I Germany we have this saying: "Hubraum ist durch nichts zu ersetzen, ausser durch noch mehr Hubraum" which losely translates to "displacement can meaningfully only be replaced by more displacement". This used to be very true in the days before electronic engine management but even now it holds true to a point. If I have the option to enhance mid range torque and lower the mpg by a) modifying the mapping or b) giving the engine more room to gain power - and if both options are roughly in the same price segment it seems logical to choose b) - if only because that leaves a) open for further future enhancement.
    Our 450cc piston will guarantee the desired effect even if you leave the mapping unchanged (or the carb). The engine runs lean but not too lean as oil thermometer and the spark plug show.
  4. sam2019

sam2019 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am always amazed to see how people try to squeeze a bit more power out of the Himalyan by purchasing often expensive equipment like an open exhaust, a Powertronic, air filter, spark plug, and whatnot when the solution to solid torque increase is clearly an upgrade of the displacement. Always was, always will be. If you ONLY do that and forget about all the others you WILL have a tangible increase in torque on ANY Himalayan as has been experienced by all our test riders, customers and myself.
  5. sam2019

sam2019 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. sam2019

sam2019 Been here awhile

Oddometer: