Royal Enfield/Himalayan dealers in North America - GPX file

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by FredRydr, Apr 3, 2018.

1. FredRydr

FredRydr Danger: Keep Back 300 Ft.

Oddometer:
    After putting all RE NA dealers gleaned from the American, Canadian and Mexican RE websites into Garmin BaseCamp for Mac ver. 4.7.0 running City Navigator North America NT ver. 2019.2 (Canada, USA & Mexico), here is the end result. N.B. If I choose to buy a Himalayan, it is likely that I will maintain the file; the opposite is also true.

ADVrider does not enable attaching the Excel spreadsheet that has the present (and some former) dealers' names , addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and URLs, all of which I included in the .gpx file. PM me with an email address if you want the Excel file (includes coordinates) to print a copy to put under your seat or load into your phone.

Attached is the updated (as of 13 August 2018) .gpx file for your GPS. Help yourself. The file can also be found at POI Factory.

Attached Files:

2. Eatmore Mudd

Eatmore Mudd Mischief on wheels.

Oddometer:
    How many they up to now ?
  3. Richarde1605

Richarde1605 Long timer

Oddometer:
    At work we at 100% failure/warranty rate on our new toro machines. Enfield is much better than that in direct comparison. I would prefer to by new from someone who cared

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  4. FredRydr

Oddometer:
    As of 15 June 2018, there are 81 RE official dealers in North America. New dealers added:
    Colorado Springs CO
    Granby CO
    Kent CT
    Las Vegas NV
    Reno NV
    Charlotte NC
    Austintown OH
    Portland OR (RE lists two dealers but they have the same address!)
    Cheyenne WY
    Puebla, Mexico (added 16 June 2018)​

I did not remove former dealers from the GPX and Excel files but simply noted their status, since breakdown service may still be a possibility. Four of those marked as "former" are:
    Ajax Motorsports of Oklahoma City OK
    Raceway Ural/Royal Enfield of Salem OR
    F&T Motorsports of Pharr TX
    Family Powersports of Odessa TX​

- If you want the latest GPX file, download by clicking on the link in the first post, above or at POI Factory.

- If you want the Excel file to print a list to carry on your bike, or to put it in your mobile phone for traveling, send a PM with an email address.

Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  5. FredRydr

Oddometer:
    30 June 2018 - Additional contact info added to some dealers in Royal Enfield.GPX file (above).
    The_Precious_Juice likes this.
  6. The_Precious_Juice

The_Precious_Juice 2015 Subaru Forester

Oddometer:
    Greetings

I've been in the Continential Divide area of Montana sinse late May.
    Helena stopped selling RE a couple of year ago. The owner dropped them because RE was "getting too big for its breeches." This was Poet MC. I did not get to ask him what he meant cause he was busy with customers. Maybe later. But I highly doubt he will go back from his personality.

It looks bad in Missoula too.
    One place had never heard of RE. Mavericks said they were doing some talking, but they sale Truimph. Doubtful. Maybe if the new 650 twins are around $7,000.
    Another place basically scoffed at the idea of selling them. I tried to tell them about the new dealerships, but their sales guy said it's more like 17 actual places that sell the bike.

____
    This tells me Milwaukee HQ is in no hurry to fell this huge gap in the Rockies. A two year warranty is not so great when you are 550 miles away. Portland, which the guy said sold parts.

Fortunately, the other MCs that compete with the Himi can be found in the area.
    Versys X 300
    GS
    RALLY (non ABS in Missoula and Helena).

I think an entrepreneur could clean up well in Missoula if they sold RE.
    These big places that have been around for decades will not make it so.
  7. The_Precious_Juice

Oddometer:
    Greetings,

I went by Poet (Helena, MT) today and they were not as busy, so I got to talk to them about why they stopped caring RE.

Basically, RE wanted them to start selling too many MC that they had room for and RE dropped them.

So RE did this about 2 years ago, and now they are ramping up the Himalayan and the 650 twins which are supposed to improve reliability and performance.

That is like down sizing your Naval Armada while up sizing your Marines (Infantry) who attack the beach head.:scratch

Poor vision?

364 miles from Missoula to Bosie.
    548 miles from Missoula to Portland. Sales tax is the same. $0.

___
    As posted before, the Missoula MC dealerships do not seem interested in picking up RE.

It looks like a brand new small shop may not have the floor space to attract RE.

I wonder what the smallest RE dealership is?

I think the new wave of RE MCs will sale very well.
    I'm not sure if the entrepreneurs are not seeing the great potintial or if RENA is hurting themselves.
  8. FredRydr

Oddometer:
    As of 19 July 2018, there are 84 RE official dealers in North America. New dealers added:
    Peoria AZ
    Florida City FL
    Philadelphia (Manayunk) PA​

No dealers were dropped since the prior update here, according to the RE websites for Canada, the USA and Mexico.

- If you want the latest GPX file for your GPS unit, download by clicking on the link in the first post, above or at POI Factory.

- If you want the Excel file to print a list to carry on your bike, or to put it in your mobile phone for traveling, send a PM to me with your email address.
  9. Eatmore Mudd

Oddometer:
    RENA didn't drop anybody. When they bought the exclusive distribution rights from the old importer the existing franchise agreements became void.
    They invited the dealers to apply for new franchises. I heard that RENA had higher expectations at first than the old importer and some dealers weren't willing to belly up to the bar and some wanted to but couldn't. My local dealer only stocked one bike at a time. No mystery why he didn't sell many. Some dealers were smart enough to realize what gutting and overhauling the old plant and building two more brand new ones would mean and held fast. Triumph of Seattle is one of them. It's working out good for them.

I have no idea what kind of volume an RE dealer could push in Montana. They'd probably have to be a multi line bike dealer or have RE plus something else going for 'em like scooters or UTV's or food or guns or coffee to make a go of it. FWIW there's a bike & coffee shop in Portland does pretty good for themselves. That stuff works if the location is right.
    The_Precious_Juice likes this.
  10. The_Precious_Juice

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback.

Spokane to Missoula is just under 200 miles.
    That could be the Inland Pacific NW Big Time dealership.

I think in 2019 when the twins come out, RE will get more attention.

I'm amazed at how little a lot of these dealerships do not keep their head to the ground.
    Hell, many folk who work there do not even ride.
  11. The_Precious_Juice

Oddometer:
    I've been to Seattle and Portland.

Portland just got Royal Enfield. This spring. they are a HD place.

They had to bite the bullet also and get them too.
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  12. FredRydr

Oddometer:
    See: Royal Enfield of Portland/Paradise H-D 10770 SW Cascade Ave Tigard OR 97223
    (503) 924-3700
    Sales@paradiseh-d.com
    paradiseh-d.com/

- There have been no additions or deletions to RENA's North American dealers list as of 13 August 2018 including none in Montana.

- Abbreviation for Missouri corrected.

- If you want the latest GPX file for your GPS unit, download by clicking on the link in the first post above, or at POI Factory.

- If you want the Excel file to print a list to carry on your bike, or to put it in your mobile phone for traveling, send a PM to me with your email address.
  13. The_Precious_Juice

Oddometer:
    Keep your eyes peeled for Maverick Motorcycle in Missoula,MT.

I was told they will start selling them in January.

This will fell a huge void in the Northern Rockies.

I can't post for the 650cc twins,but I'm very impressed with the Himalayan from my demo rides.
    Eatmore Mudd and Richarde1605 like this.
  14. FredRydr

Oddometer:
    Coordinates copied from the 13 August 2018 GPX file have been added to the Excel file.
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  15. Eatmore Mudd

Oddometer:
    Thank You Fred.