Royal Enfield Himalayan Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Anthiron, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Doctor T

Doctor T Gruppy old git

Oddometer:
    FI models. The main UK dealers will try a reflash for the same problem mentioned
  2. benebob

benebob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I thought the miata was supposed to be leak free. Everyone I ever drove was lacking a soul. Must have leaked out quick . I looked at some boxsters for my daughter’s first car but settled on an mr2 spyder that needed the sequential tranny replaced. It now has 3 pedals and is worth more than a similar year and mile porkhaus. It does lack in the character aspect though.
  3. rockt

rockt Long timer

Oddometer:

I don't think my ideas would be very popular with the modern engineers. For my ideal engine, I'd dig out the blue prints for the CX500, across-the-frame v-twin. I'd loosen up the tolerances a bit, maybe drop compression a tad, so I could make it air-cooled. Add hydraulic valve adjustment and a single carburetor and I'd have my ideal engine. Put it in a bike like the Himalayan, with shaft drive. I could go anywhere and do pretty much everything I'd ever need a motorcycle to do. It'd have character and be stone reliable. Might have a hard time passing emission requirements but I won't tell if you don't :D
  4. CaptainTrips

CaptainTrips Long timer

Oddometer:
    I liked that engine. Bought the CX500 Deluxe, then the GL500i (Silver Wing Interstate) and later, it's big brother, the ST1300 Pan.
  5. AmbientMoto

AmbientMoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The CX500 is a great bike. Too bad lots of them are being chopped to bits these days.
    Doctor T likes this.
  6. bomber60015

bomber60015 Hold fucking fast Supporter

Oddometer:
    It’s a strange choice for chopping for sure.
    Doctor T likes this.
  7. CaptainTrips

CaptainTrips Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, they are all being carved up for bobbers here too.
  8. CaptainTrips

CaptainTrips Long timer

Oddometer:
    They do kind of look cool when the side covers and airbox etc is gone, those frame loops are entirely empty.
    bomber60015 likes this.
  9. Beemerboff

Beemerboff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Kawasaki did something similar with a 500 road bike twin (KLE500?) motor in a trail bike frame from another model
    Worked not too bad but wasn't on the market long despite a receiving a good response in the media!
    In this case putting a more powerful motor in a basic frame meant for a 20 HP 250 probably highlighted how, err, basic the original bike actually was.
    And I did test ride one!
    So a 50? hp twin in Hima might want a suspension upgrade too!
    little ackman likes this.
  10. Beemerboff

Beemerboff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Replacing the probably 30 year old Lucas condenser on my B44 VS with a Hitachi from a Datsun L motor gave what felt like another 5 hp, but probably only brought it back up to where it should have been!
    Eatmore Mudd and bomber60015 like this.
  11. Dool

Dool Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wouldnt make a very good ADV bike IMO kinda heavy although kinda Indestructible also, that motor was bullet proof almost.

So a Bobber is a good way for them to go.
  12. Kiwi59

Kiwi59 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes it would open a can of worms, nothing like dreaming. At 25 to 27hp Himma will do the job. There is something about a Himma that just grows on you.
    :-)
  13. Kiwi59

Oddometer:
  14. Kiwi59

Oddometer:
    They even make one now days. Just shows how manufactures are changing there thinking. Even looked at a u tube thing and it said honda are looking at a bobber based on the Africa Twin motor with some tweaks. :deal
    Dool likes this.
  15. Dool

Dool Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Does anyone live near That Millyard guy ? he could probably make a V Twin Himma.
    Eatmore Mudd and sqeeezy like this.
  16. Kiwi59

Oddometer:
    Good old VW bug, not so many over here but lots in the US. Love it.:clap
    Eatmore Mudd and bomber60015 like this.
  17. Kiwi59

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the Himma club. Enjoy the new ride. Cheers From New Zealand:clap
  18. Kiwi59

Oddometer:
    Hi Mud, You have in one. Its all about fuel mileage not so much on prof-romance. In the western world we do not concern ourselves so much fuel economy we like a bit power. None of us bought the Himma with out knowing what we where buying. The Himma from what I have been told is built like a brick out house down stairs so up the out put should not cause any problems. I have bought a few goodies from Hitchcocks and found the quality to be very, price at times can be a bit high would rather pay for quality. I am looking forward to return with 477 kit and other parts. If I can get around the 25 to 27hp at rear I will more than happy. It is funny if the 477 kit was not available if would have been the exhaust, power tronic , air delete and a cam. Each to our own. :hide
    bomber60015 likes this.
  19. little ackman

little ackman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That bike is already available. It looks very similar to the CMX500, but with an 1100 cc motor.
  20. Kiwi59

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that. Would that fit in Himma? Not that I would want. Know need for that much power. :y0!
    Dool likes this.