Royal Enfield Himalayan Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Anthiron, Sep 2, 2017.

1. little ackman

little ackman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can only get a big toe down on either side, and that's with wearing thick soled boots. I preferred to get used to riding the bike the way it is as I would hate to lose any cornering clearance. I should also mention that I am 70 with a destroyed left knee. Getting a new one in 2 weeks, so will not be able to ride for a while, but the point is, just get used to the height. It is not necessary to have your feet flat on the floor. Just need to exercise more care when stopping and starting. Also practice persuading the bike back onto its feet after it gets tired. This tends to happen a lot when you are a short arse.
    zefnerd and Doctor T like this.
  2. Owain-ap-Dewi

Owain-ap-Dewi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The flange actually already has a slight curve to it, but that seems common. PSG don't do exhaust studs, I meant stainless engine casing bolts.
  3. byteofthecherry

byteofthecherry Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fit a new copper 'crush washer'...not essential, just the way I do it and pull down a couple of alternating turns each side until you feel it crush and the plate seats firmly and is even, use a standard L or T shaped Allen key… you don't need massive amounts of force…it's a feel thing...regarding the washers…spring one goes on first so against the head of the bolt followed by the plain washer...let the bike run or go for a short ride...after it cools just check for 'snug tightness'
    zefnerd, Doctor T, Dool and 1 other person like this.
  4. CaptainTrips

CaptainTrips Long timer

Oddometer:
    Me too. I found a cheap LED H4 replacement bulb.
    Doctor T and bomber60015 like this.
  5. bomber60015

bomber60015 Hold fucking fast Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’m running a Chicom LED headlamp … cheap, and has held up well so far.
  6. Dool

Dool Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Silastic the same stuff the Plumbers use, copper washer is left in situ. Tight enough that it doesent move.
  7. excollier

excollier n00b

Oddometer:
    I like this.....

ideal_Himmy.png
  8. drdubb

drdubb OFWG Supporter

Oddometer:
    Reminds me of 60's motocrossers.
    excollier and Doctor T like this.
  9. Doctor T

Doctor T Gruppy old git

Oddometer:
    Like the idea of using the tank guard as a pannier frame. You can just see it on the other side of the exhaust.
    excollier likes this.
  10. toslow

toslow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got a question on putting a booster plug on a 2021 all the bikes Ive seen so far in the US look like they are basically 2020 sold as 2021 the 2021's on the internet show the they have the navigation gauge and the cat on the exhaust is on the down pipe instead on the bottom and some other differences Booster plug says their plug won't work on the 2021 model and it will throw a code so will it work on the so called 2021's that were in the dealers this spring and summer thanks
  11. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:

Do you have the air intake sensor pictured here?

https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/92120-3-AIT.jpg

If so, it will work.
  12. toslow

toslow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    yes I have the white sensor bolter to the air box and a grey plug plugged into it doesnt the new 2021 models have that?
  13. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    From the product page:

"During 2021, we saw the introduction of the Euro 5 compliant Himalayan models. The BoosterPlug is not compatible with these Euro 5 models and the air intake sensor is no longer present. You can confirm this by checking if you have the sensor present on your bike and compare it to the photo above. Please see the photo and ensure you have this fitted to your Himalayan before ordering this kit."
  14. toslow

toslow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    oh boy I've found another thing to spend money on (my wife will be so proud of me) thanks for the reply
    CaptainTrips and JustinP like this.
  15. benebob

benebob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is there a specific sequence to tightening down the valve cover? Got my Hitchcock' cam in place, timed right and can't seem to find any mention of a sequence in the FSM.
    JustinP likes this.
  16. Doctor T

Doctor T Gruppy old git

Oddometer:
    Under the newish euro 5/6 rules, manufacturers have to safeguard the tampering with the emissions limits and rules. From 2024 tamperproof seals must be fitted, from 2025 motorbikes/cars must be fitted with a speed limiter set at the countries max speed limit. This is said to be fitted with a GPS system that will automatically issue speeding fines. For us in the UK it will be set for 20.30,40.50,60, and 70 mph. The exact date has yet to be set but must come into law by the end of 2025. Some countries state 2023. These are all European rules coming in and will also affect vehicles sold outside the EU. For me, it going to be Big Brother is always watching. Welcome to the USSR.
    DON'T HAVE A DIG AT ME AM JUST THE MESSENGER
  17. CaptainTrips

CaptainTrips Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like the resale value of used vehicles is going up...
    Doctor T and little ackman like this.
  18. bomber60015

bomber60015 Hold fucking fast Supporter

Oddometer:
    Man, I just love this bike.
    53D49832-4A92-450C-A114-8F968320CCAC.jpeg 6DF4514A-3BC9-43DF-822D-A6A76EF89A99.jpeg 73872DE8-06CD-4AD4-B4A0-85BB656B0830.jpeg

Attached Files:

19. dcoop

dcoop Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’ve used pin lock without success. Maybe I’m just a heavy breather?
  20. CaptainTrips

CaptainTrips Long timer

Oddometer:
    The trick is to get the inner shield seated evenly. I find that if I ride with the visor open the wind can move the inner shield a bit and break the seal.