Royal Enfield Himalayan Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Anthiron, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Kiwi59

Kiwi59 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks found them.
  2. Kiwi59

Kiwi59 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice, have fun.
  3. Doctor T

Doctor T Gruppy old git

Oddometer:
    KTM 390 adventure bars are very similar.
    bomber60015 likes this.
  4. BarKnee

BarKnee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    These Renthal 789 bars look very close to stock. Found them in my big box of bought and never used parts (leftovers from VFR800 clipons to bars conversion).

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/renthal-street-fighter-handlebars-78?sku_id=952867

[​IMG]
  5. benebob

benebob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well did my 300 mile valve adjustment with the new hitchcock's cam (a little early as I have 270 or so miles on it) but wet here today thru tomorrow. Will post up my thoughts once I get to start flogging it over the next couple hundred miles but preliminary thoughts. Don't waste your time or money on it. That said I noticed more so far from the hitchcock's cover for the air filter but of course I've tried to be good with only a few times above 4k so far.
    Doctor T, Dool and JustinP like this.
  6. LHRider

LHRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Or they could be simply awful.
  7. CaptainTrips

CaptainTrips Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cheapo chain oiler works quite well.

Attached Files:

talmage and Doctor T like this.
  8. bomber60015

bomber60015 Hold fast Supporter

Oddometer:
  9. BarKnee

BarKnee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Renthals come with a crossbar, haven't located it yet. Waiting for winter down time to swap the stockers out, will have to see if the crossbar works with Barkbusters.
    bomber60015 likes this.
  10. Dool

Dool Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Did you fit the Airbox mod at the Same time as the Cam ?
    JustinP and Doctor T like this.
  11. Doctor T

Doctor T Gruppy old git

Oddometer:
    Got one myself. Think i paid £12.00GBP. One little capful lasts about 300 miles. I fitted mine in the same place about 3000 miles ago with no problems to date. I use gearbox oil.
    CaptainTrips and Hondapaul like this.
  12. Doctor T

Doctor T Gruppy old git

Oddometer:
    Idiots guide to fit a big bore kit on a Himayalan. This PT1 of 5. To see view the rest go to Mytwistedvoices on YT.
    JustinP and Dool like this.
  13. CaptainTrips

CaptainTrips Long timer

Oddometer:
    I paid just under C$20 delivered for mine. Cheaper that trying to build my own out of scrap bits and pieces.
  14. ToasTje

ToasTje Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So led headlight: led unit has a green and red wire for the daytime running light, bike has a yellow and black wire.
    How do I know what to connect with what?
    IMG_20210923_172527.jpg
    IMG_20210923_172517.jpg
    Doctor T likes this.
  15. Hondapaul

Hondapaul Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi
    My choice of chain oil is Sthil Synth Plus bar oil. Some american did comparrison test on oils/scottoils/chainsaw oils for "best" oil to use on a motorcycle chain and gave it top marks in lube and anti fling.

Can not seem to find a link to it at the moment but it was a really good indepth and honest review of oils and there properties.

I have been usung the Sthil Synth plus for decades (until the X system) with 50,000 plus chain mileage (1988/9 VFR750FJ/FK 20+ years and 300,000 + miles) before i start to even think about chain wear (change the front sprocket when signes of wear start to appear and you will not need to change the rear).

It would seem that the pump in the new X system is not as robust as it stopped working after only one refill of the Sthil oil... Did not expect that as have been using Scott oiler pretty much since they were invented... both vaccum and pumped.

Sent it back to Scottoil and they repaired it foc and now keep to the propper (ccough *bl**dy expensive*) oil

As a side note... lots of talk on here about the split/rivit link debate... I just went for the endless option... was removing the swing arm anyway to re-grease so it seemed a no brainer to me and 112 link DID ZVMX chain easy to find but prices do vary a bit... I have about 12,000 miles on mine so far and its only needed a couple of small adjustments to date.
    talmage and little ackman like this.
  16. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:

Yellow is hot, black is ground on the bike. Refer to directions of the lamps for what it is on that end. Chinese wiring colors are all over the place.
    talmage and bomber60015 like this.
  17. ToasTje

ToasTje Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, that very small piece of paper that has some resemblance of an manual has no mention what so ever of those 2 wires.
    What's the worst then can happen when I connect the wrong one???
    LED is short for Light Emitting Diode and from what I can remember from high school, current can only move in one direction in a diode.
  18. sqeeezy

sqeeezy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    APOLOGIES: Enduro Philosophy Alert
    little ackman likes this.
  19. benebob

benebob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    no i put it in a few days and 500 or so miles before I did the cam. Seat if the pants it seemed to breath a bunch better and rev quicker then the stock with my delkivik and a k&n air filter. The cam does have a crisper pop at idle but doesn’t seem to do much beyond that. Will give it some more miles to see if it is just me being tired of break in speeds
    Dool likes this.
  20. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    There's other components besides the LED, but either way shouldn't hurt anything.