Royal Enfield Himalayan Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Anthiron, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Dool

Dool Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Did he sell Carpet ? :-)
    little ackman and benebob like this.
  2. johnny42

johnny42 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fill your tank with Ethanol free fuel. Add Stabil. Run it a bit so it's mixed. Put a baggie over the end of the exhaust pipe. Attach a smart trickle charger and leave the battery where it is. Put it on the center stand and put blocks under it so both tires are off the ground. I leave both seats off so mice don't have a hiding place. That's all I do and it should be enough. In my 50 years of owning motorbikes, I've never started the bike up in the winter. When I tuck it in for the winter, it stays there till spring.

Of course, next spring, you'll only want to ride it after all the salt is gone from the roads.
  3. BGRooster1

BGRooster1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A empty tank is more likely to rust. Fill it or use an anti-rust aerosol spray in the tank. Fogging oil in the cylinder will help to keep rust at bay.
    Also ,on YouTube watch videos from "Project Farm". The guy does testing of many products and ways to do helpful things around the shop.
    Here in Wisconsin, I will keep the tank full but,will ride on occasion. Keeping a smart charger/maintainer or solar.
    If you don't think you will ride all winter . Disconnect the battery and then hook up your smart charger/ maintainer . You might only have to even hook it up to the charger every 2 months.
  4. Hondapaul

Hondapaul Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Doctor T likes this.
  5. Doctor T

Doctor T Gruppy old git

Oddometer:
    Also turn the wheels so you don't get a flat spot
  6. Doctor T

Doctor T Gruppy old git

Oddometer:
    In all these years ive never had a problem with the old and new "O" ring chains. Gearbox oil is used with rubber and silicone seals all the time whilst in a car gearbox
    Hondapaul likes this.
  7. Dool

Oddometer:
    Power booster (used to ) sell their AIT cheat which did have positive effects as posted by many it was kinda Snake Oil.
    PT and PC ( not so sure about PC!) are "Piggy Back Devices " that inherently have limitations but give the ability to Vary the Fuel and Ignition Timing outside the OEM ECU parameters and try to ignore the O2 Sensor Circuit in the process.
    I have had posted good results with a PT after a long time trying and have been able to Compensate for Displacement increases of 23cc and 51cc and now, 66cc .
    But recently I have had a quick test of a New ECU that, out of the box made my Bike run better than it ever did with anything "out of the Box".
    It has a Computer App that will blow your mind with options, its Next Level.:lift
    dcoop, Doctor T and little ackman like this.
  8. benebob

benebob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You're talking apples when I'm talking oranges. For changes in displacement or compression you're gonna need a re-map. Anything else not so much. PT engineers got their degrees from a cracker jack box in my experience and took threating disputing the charge with my credit card money for them to honor their stated warranty even after hours on the phone with their "lead engineer". I wouldn't suggest anyone buy any of their products for their lack of honoring their warranty alone not even the poorly developed or faulty product they sent me. Of course their answer was "we sell lots with no problem" means nothing when they sell one that is faulty.
    little ackman, JustinP and Dool like this.
  9. Dool

Oddometer:
    Without the PT I am not sure (YET) how I would have provided the Extra Fuel etc required to get 31 RWHP ( unverified ) from my Bike so I would disagree with you there with Respect.:hide
    little ackman and JustinP like this.
  10. benebob

benebob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And again, you are talking apples. You have a larger displacement not just better breathing so yes you need more fuel all around. A cam doesn't increase displacement it simply increases the amount of fuel and air that can get in. The o2 sensor will adjust that mixture accordingly to meet the ratio needed until you are beyond the ability of the system to compensate. Making something richer doesn't make it run better or give it more power. It needs to be the correct ratio which the PT does not do so yeah for your bike you should be making more than 31rwhp but a piggie back pt holds you back. For me the stock ecu has more than ample leyway in its map to adjust accordingly, otherwise my spark plug would show otherwise.
    Dool likes this.
  11. Kiwithl

Kiwithl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bike storage; carpet is good, tyres off ground (no weight on them).
    Single cylinder; can squirt a little 90 weight gear oil down the plug hole, turn over the engine a few times to coat the bore, rings etc and then bring the piston up to tdc compression both valves closed, put the plug back in and voila, oiled up and sealed.
    dcoop, bomber60015 and zefnerd like this.
  12. Kiwithl

Kiwithl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I used to use EP 90 oil in gearboxes and differentials. Now, years later, all I see is 80W-90 gear oil GL1 or GL5 (I think). I want to buy 4 or 5 litres of EP 90 for the gearbox and diff in my new to me old ute and also as chain lube on the 411. Is 80W-90 gear oil the same as old EP 90? What's GL1 or GL5?
    Thanks for any advice/clarification and appologies if you think it's off topic (which it is) but I'm going to use it on my 411 so it's on topic too, sort of...
    Hondapaul, Doctor T and Dool like this.
  13. little ackman

little ackman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Who makes the ECU?
  14. Dool

Oddometer:
    Some smart Buggers in China! about US$250. Replacement unit no wiring changes just plug it in !
    dcoop and little ackman like this.
  15. zefnerd

zefnerd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've heard the if you use a motorcycle cover with no/poor ventilation you'll get rust and corrosion but not that the moisture that naturally exists in concrete is actually the problem, maybe it is. I use carpet scraps anyway because cold concrete quickly pulls the heat from whatever body part is on the floor while I work, even my feet quickly suffer through thick boots.
  16. zefnerd

zefnerd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dool, It seems like you may be non-subtly hinting that you have some product to sell. I've seen you hint about some products that you might soon release or were developing, is this ECU one of them?
    Dool likes this.
  17. Dool

Oddometer:
    And I thought I was being subtle :-)
  18. zefnerd

zefnerd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is it a real product yet? Intended audience and supported vehicles? Do you have a web page/pictures?
    Dool likes this.
  19. Dool

Oddometer:
    That's it under the OEM.
    Cable coming off is for the Map switch.

Attached Files:

little ackman likes this.
  20. Dool

Oddometer:
    You Have a PM