Royal Enfield Himalayan Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Anthiron, Sep 2, 2017.

1. mxz

mxz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    To whom it may concern, this is a DIY ABS fuse switch solution, basically a 15$ radioshack option. A hole drilled into the fuse case cover, a lead running out to an external fuse, added a switch on the bars with a cable tie, a water cover and some silicone sealer. Very basic, works like a charm. Can now switch on/off ABS (Euro model) without killing ignition. Pics below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. B7ACKTHORN

B7ACKTHORN Adventurer

Oddometer:
    True indeed, the brownish staining that the stock muffler is prone to is completely gone with a slip-on, courtesy, the high grade steel used. You'd have mild leak near the pipe/muffler meet point, but that shouldn't be a cause of concern, as it's very minimal. One thing of caution is make sure the exhaust mount point on the rearset is torqued well. The bolts they provide is of not a lengthy one and it's a tight fit.

Would be interested to know where the leads of the wire that goes into the fuse box are affixed to in the fuse box, which fuse and how? Was it a direct blade fuse tap connector that was used in tandem with an additional inline fuse and switch setup? Photos of the wire ends that go inside the fuse box would be helpful, if possible.

Cheers!
  3. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Nice. Easy enough much cheaper than the Blue OX fuse bypass switch option. Those are stupid expensive for the materials involved.

Glad to hear this works!
    Abs off in the dirt...Abs on for paved roads...modern technology to save your life one day.
  4. Richarde1605

Richarde1605 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I put the re options exhaust on mine in the early daze sic. I think that a thumper needs to thump ! ! !

Not sure if they still are available...

My neighbors like it, but I don't shit in my own nest by abusing the throttle in my street, I can't really comment on power etc. as it was fitted during the running in period, but it sounds nice, and doesn't bother me noise wise :-)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    TheQ likes this.
  5. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Long timer

Oddometer:
    There's nothing odd about OEM shock; it is not a progressive but dual rate spring. Dual rate springs are set up to work at balance point so they are essentially one rate when suspension compresses and another (lower) when it expands. The benefits of lower rate spring on expansion that the force with which wheel press down is falling at lower rate so wheel better stays in contact as it falls into pothole.
    The_Precious_Juice likes this.
  6. Eatmore Mudd

Eatmore Mudd Mischief on wheels.

Oddometer:
    Thanks man ! and much respect to you.
  7. wolftrax

wolftrax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just made it across the continent, truly a pleasure to tour on. Crescent City, California.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Z558VL using Tapatalk
  8. Capt. Gary

Capt. Gary Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Via terria trailpack for the royal Enfield himalayan front frame is worth the price of admission. The fit is perfect the construction and the fabric is first class the ykk zippers and pulls are of quality materials I will re spray water repellent just to be suere. The capacity is quite large for its size I am quite pleased that I ordered these direct from the company . 20180925_112952.jpg
    BigCanoe, AZQKR, B7ACKTHORN and 4 others like this.
  9. Nanin

Nanin Halfozze

Oddometer:
    Valencia-Spain-Europe / Banora Point-NSW-Australia
  10. Ironhorse 332

Ironhorse 332 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I want to see the guy that can flat foot on that bike.
  11. Eatmore Mudd

Eatmore Mudd Mischief on wheels.

Oddometer:
    This guy. He's a lumberjack. I think his name is Paul something or other.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  12. Coopdway

Coopdway Curiouser Supporter

Oddometer:
  13. kokomoto

kokomoto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not a Hima post at all, but I came across a deal on a barn find 1967 Triumph TR6R that I could not refuse. I mean, who doesn't like vintage Triumph twins? Supposed to pick it up later this week after the original 1967 title gets sorted out by the DMV.

Does anyone have any vintage Triumph knowledge or advice? It has a dented fuel tank that will need a fresh paint job, the engine will be torn down, and the frame, new gaskets, seals, fluids. What have I done? :-)

End of hijack.

IMG_0536.JPG
    Retro Iron, Richarde1605 and air4life like this.
  14. Richarde1605

Richarde1605 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks good, trials uni on the back, and a barn, what could possibly go wrong?
    I look forward to the head to head with the re inter! Enquiring minds

:-)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  15. canoeguy

canoeguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I restored a '68 TR6R a few years ago. Prepare to start losing money:D
  16. Loadtoad101

Loadtoad101 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm going out to a local establishment this weekend. Haven't been there yet but it looks promising. Do some riding in the hills then sit around the campfire in the evening and have a craft beer. Would could be better. Come join us if you like. I will be there Saturday night. http://www.lillypadhopyardbrewery.com/ Good reviews from Google, and it's less then an hour away!
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  17. spattiselanno

spattiselanno n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello everyone!
    Will be taking delivery of my Himalayan in a month or so; bike is currently undergoing homologation. Hoping to learn more from this group! (:

Attached Files:

18. canoeguy

canoeguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the forum. Awesome first post!
    Coopdway and Richarde1605 like this.
  19. Loadtoad101

Oddometer:
    Man, I had to look up that definition: Homologation (from the verb homologate, meaning "to approve or confirm officially") is the process of certifying or approving a product to indicate that it meets regulatory standards and specifications, such as safety and technical requirements.
  20. Loadtoad101

Oddometer:
    Where you located?