Royal Enfield Himalayan Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Anthiron, Sep 2, 2017.

1. DaveJFLA

DaveJFLA Cranky before Coffee

Oddometer:
    Anyone help a brother out? Looking for a lead on a Throttlemeister or similar for a '19.....I'm old and broken up...hands hurt after a while....I know..TMI...thx
  2. Capt. Gary

Capt. Gary Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    JagLite, talmage and Loadtoad101 like this.
  3. MrDralas

MrDralas Super n00b

Oddometer:
    I did mine as well tonight, use a hand stapler. Everywhere’s that was single fabric I could use the 1/4 staples if I over lapped the fabric at all which I had to do in all the Corners I used next size up in the multi staple kit I bought.

381A3B0B-ACD5-4088-9AC8-D6B2DAE670FE.jpeg
    0A4EE4E1-C109-48A1-B215-EE6F744FEFCA.jpeg
    468524F8-EE29-4417-B489-8F5FA3E16E54.jpeg

All in all it wasn’t all that bad a job about 40 mins start to finish. I got the low slip and carbon in tall and it is tall, form flat foot when knee bent to ball of my foot at lights, much firmer then the stock seat so hopefully it makes my sit bones (arse) more happy.
  4. Eatmore Mudd

Eatmore Mudd Mischief on wheels.

Oddometer:
    Crampbuster is an option for ya. Standard equipment farkle on all my bikes. Infinitely adjustable and flip out of the way when ya aint using it. They have different widths and colors to choose from. Ten bucks a pop.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Bar None, talmage, azgsa and 2 others like this.
  5. aussie dubber

aussie dubber Adventurer

Oddometer:
    thats great news
  6. azgsa

azgsa Dude

Oddometer:
    +1 on crampbuster, I always have one available for long highway stretches
  7. Capt. Gary

Oddometer:
    I think the crampbuster your hand is still on the throttle where as the go cruise you are free to move stretch your arm and it holds your speed
    JagLite and Loadtoad101 like this.
  8. rockt

rockt Long timer

Oddometer:

This is really cool, as Chris Scott is the real deal with mondo motorcycle travel experience. I read his book years ago and on top of being a very good writer, he's a real thinker when it comes to making a bike better for travel. Can only benefit the Himalayan riding community. Nice that he references Mr. Mudd's farkle page and Nathan the Postman.
    Bradster49 and mjhb like this.
  9. azgsa

azgsa Dude

Oddometer:
    That’s true. I have a Kaoko on my GS which does the same thing and I rarely use it. For me it’s just too often have to change speed in different zones and passing throuhh towns etc and be ready to change at moments notice when passing vehicles etc.
  10. DaveJFLA

DaveJFLA Cranky before Coffee

Oddometer:
    Split the difference..Amazon has a package with both the Go Cruise and Crampbuster....sooo Prime it is....46 bucks.....Thanks all....
  11. MtnGoat3

MtnGoat3 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1 for the Cramp Buster. Saved my butt on long trip home riding with a broken throttle hand. Have one on all 4 of my bikes.

Hello All!
    New member w 2018 Hi-Mollian I've owned since June 2018. Have read whole thread and gleened much useful info for my bike. Thanks to all for posting the great info!

My mods so far:
    RE crashbars. RE racks & panniers. Viaterra WP front panniers. Chinese rotopax knockoff gas jug on rear rack. Set of Baja Designs Squadron Sport LED driving lights in White. Dual port USB 3.0 w/Volts display. 30A relay wired to USB for keyed ON only operation. XRam mount for cellph. RAM mount for GPS. Soon to be installed Tusk MX Pro handguards and a Chinese kickstand Bigfoot plate from a CBR500 I have to modify to fit.
    So far I love the bike and it performs well for me both On & especially Off-Road.
    As for speed on highways fully loaded, I have had no problems riding in the fast lane doing 70MPH to 80MPH on level pavement. On a very very large hill w full load (rear panniers, tank bag, dry duffel & 1L gas jug) I did slow to 55MPH full throttle. But on most hills usually could hold 60 to 65MPH no problems as long as I had a some speed before hand. Off-road is where this bike SHINES! It had exceeded my expectations & keeps me grinning from ear to ear everytime. Group I ride w has 3, GS 1200's, a Tiger 800Xcx, Duc MultiStrada 950, Vstrom 650 & 1 more Hi-Mollian. I have been able to do all the big bikes can & sometimes better.

As point of reference; Iam 5'5"; approx 155Lbs. So depending on your biometrics as compared to mine; your experience may be different. Love this bike!
    voodoochilled and JagLite like this.
  12. Capt. Gary

Oddometer:
    I would like to see photo of aux light mount.capt gary
  13. MtnGoat3

MtnGoat3 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My bike after ride in Pine Barrens. IMG_20181229_141524152.jpg
  14. MtnGoat3

MtnGoat3 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I tried cheap set of $10 mounts from Amazon but did NOT have enough clearance to mount due to rear of LED light housing. Had to go w the PIAA mounts for $45 on the front racks. Also had to use the rubber inserts that came w the cheap $10 mounts as well as some an extra thin strips of rubber to make the PIAA mounts fit front rack small tube diameter. It all worked out great. IMG_20181218_181004_01.jpg
    davyjones likes this.
  15. MtnGoat3

MtnGoat3 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  16. Capt. Gary

Oddometer:
    I have an extra src side stand plate stainless steel if any one interested $41.00 plus flat rate small box. This thing is space shuttle quality 20190202_142911.jpg
    mjhb likes this.
  17. Capt. Gary

Oddometer:
    Could you take a photo ftom the front those mounts look like they will work for me my lights are 4 inches wide and 3 inches tall 20190201_094759.jpg
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  18. MtnGoat3

MtnGoat3 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How deep are they? Problem I had was due to depth of light; not width or height.

IMG_20190202_154055072.jpg IMG_20190202_160754970.jpg
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  19. MtnGoat3

MtnGoat3 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Capt Gary the PIAA mounts have two mounting holes positions for lights too. One is smaller than the other but could be drilled out if needed. To work w my lights I had to use the front mount hole to get clearance I needed.

Hope that helps.
  20. MtnGoat3

MtnGoat3 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I may be interested in your side stand plate if I can't get one I bought to fit after mods.

Thx
    MtnGoat3